Seems a lot of issues with this... should I buy

Gwalker99

Underpowered ? no, it is a beast of the plane. There is mysterious engine bug which does not always happen, every time when i try to reproduce it i can't every time when i jump on MP my engine dies 😛

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

2 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

seems like shes underpowered ... and does not turn very well (even in historical manners)  seems like it has some FM issues.. and issues with the MW50 

Its the only warbird you should buy!

Yeah, there are ‘issues’.. but if you’re the type of guy that’s put off with ‘issues’ then DCS isn’t for you.

Underpowered?

She can out run anything in the game..

Maybe you’ve been on the free trial and forgot that you can push the throttle for more power?

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

seems like shes underpowered ... and does not turn very well (even in historical manners)  seems like it has some FM issues.. and issues with the MW50 

Use the two week free trial on stand alone version and try before you buy. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
3 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

seems like shes underpowered ... and does not turn very well (even in historical manners)  seems like it has some FM issues

if you have better flight model data than the team please feel free to share it. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Yeah, there are ‘issues’.. but if you’re the type of guy that’s put off with ‘issues’ then DCS isn’t for you.

excuse me? ^^

Problems all well and good, but trouble-free flight should be a basic requirement and that is simply not possible with the D9 at present.

Even though the D9 is my favorite WW2 aircraft in DCS, I would strongly advise against buying it in its current condition.

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hobel said:

excuse me? ^^

Problems all well and good, but trouble-free flight should be a basic requirement and that is simply not possible with the D9 at present.

Even though the D9 is my favorite WW2 aircraft in DCS, I would strongly advise against buying it in its current condition.

Well, Ive said it once, and ill say it again..
If you’re the type of guy that’s put off with ‘issues’ then DCS isn’t for you.

It's a really effective fighter online, even without MW50 if it's restricted by the server for historical balance.

From my couple months of flying it I would say the standout issues are:

• The engine damage bug at 2700 RPM (cruise at 3000 RPM to be safe)
  • The pitot/gun heater bug (I think this one may affect all the fighters, but without gun heaters the dora's guns seem especially prone to jamming -- this only seems to be a problem in certain weather conditions, but not consistently, so it's been relatively rare in my experience)
  • Assorted External munitions bugs (delay fuses not working, not being able to jettison rocket tubes)

I think all of the problems are pretty easy to manage, and it ends up being great to fly online for the most part.

Edited by kablamoman

11 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Underpowered?

She can out run anything in the game..

Maybe you’ve been on the free trial and forgot that you can push the throttle for more power?

even a K4 at altitude? 

2 hours ago, Hobel said:

excuse me? ^^

this place is almost as worse as the Discord channel..  many people who are toxic.... I just had an Ahole tell me to make my own FM if I didnt 'like' it.. I am thinking... WTF!??  WTF is going on around here?

1 hour ago, StevanJ said:

Buy the asset pack, then pick any plane..

The FW190D is the F16 of WW2..
The Mustang is the FA18..
The P47 is the A10C
And the 109 is the Tomcat..

wait... that pack has all the ww2 planes same as the modules? 

2 hours ago, kablamoman said:

It's a really effective fighter online, even without MW50 if it's restricted by the server for historical balance.

From my couple months of flying it I would say the standout issues are:

• The engine damage bug at 2700 RPM (cruise at 3000 RPM to be safe)
  • The pitot/gun heater bug (I think this one may affect all the fighters, but without gun heaters the dora's guns seem especially prone to jamming -- this only seems to be a problem in certain weather conditions, but not consistently, so it's been relatively rare in my experience)
  • Assorted External munitions bugs (delay fuses not working, not being able to jettison rocket tubes)

I think all of the problems are pretty easy to manage, and it ends up being great to fly online for the most part.

what plane gives you the worse time flying the Dora?  maybe up high the 47? 

22 minutes ago, Gwalker99 said:

The flyable warbirds are part of DCS, the assets pack does not add anything in that regard. The only thing the assets pack has to do with planes is the addition of the A-20, B-17 and Ju-88. 

Also Bignewy asked you to share infos if you have any, not to build your own FM. 

Edited by razo+r
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

Honestly if you play your cards right, I don't think anything really gives it too much trouble.

Mustang can catch it on Storm of War as they've got the MW50 disabled for the doras on the server, so that's probably the closest to presenting danger. But at the same time I feel like if it gets caught out like that the Dora can out turn it at slower speeds it if it devolves into a dogfight, so it still holds its own.

To be honest I just bounced people mainly and didn't dog fight too much with it.

6 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

this place is almost as worse as the Discord channel..  many people who are toxic.... I just had an Ahole tell me to make my own FM if I didnt 'like' it.. I am thinking... WTF!??  WTF is going on around here?

You can’t access multiplayer without first purchasing the ww2 asset pack which adds a few extra targets to shoot at, that’s it- no flyable modules come with that pack.

But you can’t access multiplayer without it.

Once you’ve bought that, then you can think about buying a map (will have to be Normandy if you want to fly with more players online than just yourself in a game), and then you should either buy the 190, which is pretty much indestructible online or the Dora which is the fastest (unless locked in the popular servers).

Once you’ve bought the asset pack, and Normandy, then and only then can you enjoy the multiplayer game.

You could try the channel but in the last year I’ve never experienced an online game with more than me and two others, and those two just wanted to practice taking off, so there was no dogfight.

Welcome, to the future of online gaming..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

even a K4 at altitude? 

At what alt 10k ?? 20k ?? 

I don't quite get what author thought about by saying "underperforming"

So Dora is slower then P-51 at 35k that mean that Dora is underperforming ??

I remember that was some kind of bug making Dora very slow, but it was fixed long time ago.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

8 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

8 hours ago, Gwalker99 said:

In defence.  The flight model of the d9 is very good in my opinion and the manufacturers have done everything they could.  The performance is also excellent.  If the d9 didn't have this engine flaw, it would be great. 

And when the argument comes that Erich Brunotte criticised the flight model of the d9, it is because he gave false inputs. 

Why?

After all, he is not sitting in his aircraft and the stick he uses to enter the inputs into the simulator does not give any feedback.

11 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Well, Ive said it once, and ill say it again..
If you’re the type of guy that’s put off with ‘issues’ then DCS isn’t for you.

I can live with many bugs in dcs and wait for improvement no problem.   

But there is a considerable difference when I simply cannot use a plane because it goes out after 10-20 minutes for no reason.

That is a completely different yardstick.

In against set to d9 all other aircraft in dcs can fly relatively smoothly

40€? Paying for a plane that doesn't fly is just not the right thing to do.

Edited by Hobel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kablamoman said:

Honestly if you play your cards right, I don't think anything really gives it too much trouble.

Mustang can catch it on Storm of War as they've got the MW50 disabled for the doras on the server, so that's probably the closest to presenting danger. But at the same time I feel like if it gets caught out like that the Dora can out turn it at slower speeds it if it devolves into a dogfight, so it still holds its own.

To be honest I just bounced people mainly and didn't dog fight too much with it.

Very smart.. thats the way I played it in Il2 MP     slash... attack..   zoom..   repeat

Just now, Gwalker99 said:

Very smart.. thats the way I played it in Il2 MP     slash... attack..   zoom..   repeat

35 minutes ago, Hobel said:

In defence.  The flight model of the d9 is very good in my opinion and the manufacturers have done everything they could.  The performance is also excellent.  If the d9 didn't have this engine flaw, it would be great. 

And when the argument comes that Erich Brunotte criticised the flight model of the d9, it is because he gave false inputs. 

Why?

After all, he is not sitting in his aircraft and the stick he uses to enter the inputs into the simulator does not give any feedback.

But there is a considerable difference when I simply cannot use a plane because it goes out after 10-20 minutes for no reason.

I was talking about Big Newy... he just completely answered unprofessionally.. I came in here in good faith just asking for opinion since you guys fly it and he said some stupid thing like  'make your own FM'    I am like  what the hell  LMAO  🤪

• Like 1

• ED Team
3 hours ago, StevanJ said:

You can’t access multiplayer without first purchasing the ww2 asset pack which adds a few extra targets to shoot at, that’s it- no flyable modules come with that pack.

You are wrong. 

you can not access multiplayer servers that use the asset pack if you do not own it. You can still access multiplayer servers that are not using the asset pack or you can create your own server.

so please dont misinform people.

58 minutes ago, Gwalker99 said:

I was talking about Big Newy... he just completely answered unprofessionally.. I came in here in good faith just asking for opinion since you guys fly it and he said some stupid thing like  'make your own FM'    I am like  what the hell  LMAO

You suggested there was something wrong with the flight model that our teams have worked very hard on using the best available data and actual pilot feedback, it wasnt unprofessional, I was simply asking if you had better data than us so we can check it out. 

-------------------------------

I would suggest people here ensure they read our forum rules at the top of the page so there are no misunderstandings.   

• Like 3

"FM is wrong". This kind of conversation ends here.

"underpowered, FM wrong, issue with MW50" I can't recall any of this while flying Dora.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

you can not access multiplayer servers that use the asset pack if you do not own it.

Can we all just please be calm.
This is getting frustrating..

This quote was my point.
There is only 2 warbird servers in the game that dont require the Asset Pack, They have no players in them (Mostly all the time).
Theres nothing wrong with that. But are you really calling it 'a multiplayer experience'?

You may be able to, but i cant..
I cannot in good faith tell people who want to multiplay to go into an empty server and enjoy themselves.
Its redundant, despite them 'being in a multiplayer server'

Id much rather be straight with them, and suggest they buy the popular DLC, so that they can have an incredible experience rather than an ok or lonely one.
Giving the players this insight and vision keeps the players in this game and allows them to experience something exciting and frantic, that fuels the adrenaline rush we get when were in the cockpit..
An immersive 'near real world' experience that sets the bar for other games, reinacting World War 2 and fantasizing about what it was like to be a Pilot back in the 1940's, with only a gun, engine and wit to carry into a battle or dogfight.

Having seen other players have that very experience, they gel with the excitement of the game and 'get it'. Then when they go to other games they come back.
Having seen other players have the 'Clash of Wings/ Aerobatic server' experience, they dont 'get it'. They go to the other games and dont come back.

Can you imagine Op's Response if he'd been bought the Dora, just to play Multiplayer- and then he came back with more issues, because no one had warned him, the popular servers all use the Asset Pack?

He'd might be a user with poor experience who ends up going to the forums, to explain his dismay like many others have.

Ive just checked for Op (which i think needs to be done more by ED), The server for Warbirds, its on the Channel where you dont need the Asset Pack, its the Aerobatic server and no ones in it (as usual). Even Clash of Wings was empty.
Can you try and sympathise, and understand that for some people, especially new users, this is only going to push them far away into other games- Its actually whats actively happening, and are we really going to be choosing beggars and suggest that 'we dont want their business', or are we going to show them what this game is all about?

As op mentioned he wanted MultiPlayer, I assumed he wanted to fly with other people?
That means he's gonna need the Asset Pack to fly with other people, unless as you stated' he wants to start his own server and fly on his own?
As Op didnt mention flying with friends.

Sometimes, this place is a little confusing..
Was telling Op to buy the Asset Pack wrong especially when im trying to explain how to get the most out of the game?
Should we not be pushing the Asset Pack so that we can actually get more money pushed into that part of the game and get it developed?

Should we really be selling the Warbird Multiplayer experience as :

7 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

You can still access multiplayer servers that are not using the asset pack or you can create your own server.

Without telling users actually how many people are online, and where the players play?
How can we expect new players to enjoy DCS multiplayer?

Can you please be more constructive.
I understand how frustrating your job might be at time, but you choose to do it every day and im grateful.

But I choose to come here and put money into the game, because YOLO, and listening to the average players feedback through varying different platforms, and forums, I think I can spot whats up with people, and better prepare the next player.
Hence why im telling this guy to get the Asset Pack.
Id rather tell someone how to get the most out of their game- That way the next guys feedback is good..
Its not misinformation to be clear and straight with your customers.

Is a cloak and daggers approach really going to help sell the game? Surely we should be pushing people into the free trials while telling them when and where the players are?
ie "Yeah, some of the popular servers use the Asset Pack, but you can trial the pack, jump on most nights when it gets busy and see if Warbirds are for you, and that way youll get the best out of the game?"

Sometimes its really frustrated to come here, and share an opinion about something, only to be scolded when you try to push people into the DLC that you Really dont like.
I understand that everyones protective of DCS, But lets be a little sympathetic towards the users too.
We're all buying into this dream on good faith.
And despite not playing much of the game since 2.7, im still waiting to put money into the next modules in the hope the experience changes for the better.

Dora 4 Eva..

8 hours ago, Hobel said:

I understand youre frustrated, But its a game.
Pick a different plane, retry later.
What do you expect ED do?

• Like 1

• ED Team

@StevanJ Again, 

you implied people could not access multiplayer without the asset pack. 

Its not true

as stated above you can access multiplayer still, you can enter missions that dont use the asset pack or you can create your own server. 

But you have given your feedback, lets not turn this into trolling. 

14 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

@StevanJ Again, 

you implied people could not access multiplayer without the asset pack. 

Its not true

as stated above you can access multiplayer still, you can enter missions that dont use the asset pack or you can create your own server. 

But you have given your feedback, lets not turn this into trolling. 

There is no trolling here..

Me and a friend made this because we loved the Dora so much.
Maybe we just need to focus on a universal definition of Multiplayer?

Lets all move on and try to be positive in towards the future.