INS NORM Alignment does not fully align. Quality only goes down to 10, not 6.

J20Stronk

Not sure if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but for some reason the INS will not fully align. This is in NORM alignment, LAT/LONG were confirmed on the DED, aircraft was stationary, GPS was on, Unrestricted SATNAV in options on, etc. Yet after 8.5 minutes, the system will never reach a quality state of 6.

As a result my TGP and other sensors and weapons become misaligned and do not correlate properly with each other. .trk below of a basic startup with the phenomena.

F16NORMINSALIGNBUG.trk

On 2/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, mvsgas said:

It should be fine once INS is completed in DCS. Alignment status 10 is the actual max reach during normal alignment in RL, to get align status 6 you would need to complete and Enhance Interrupted Alignment and this would take 12 to 16 minutes.

Alignment status 10 should be good enough for even GPS guided weapons once INS is finish and JDAM is introduced in DCS.

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/253593-reportedf-16-alignment-statuses-incorrectand-other-tiny-quotbugsquot/

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

This is functioning correctly now. When doing a stationary normal alignment, max should be /10. EIA is not modeled, but would require moving the jet multiple times to face different directions to achieve /6. 

1 hour ago, Exnom said:

Maybe ED should update the manual. Otherwise this topic will be asked every week? 

Hmm, maybe your're right 🤔

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg