VSPX processing and the F10 menu.

FeistyLemur

So I've been wanting to use the VSPX processing but am a bit stuck with the F10 menu.

In normal mode I am pretty successful with using the Mission.. options.  Take X commands to select f10 menu selections.  However, when swapping to VSPX it asks me to use the finish button and update the Database.  Which if I do, no longer seems to recognize "mission options".  In fact I pasted the keywords list in notepad and looked and The special menu keywords are all gone.  Mission, cargo etc.  The take commands are all there still but do nothing on their own.

I've consulted the manual and can't find anything about this other than the section which describes how to use them with the micropause method.

If I do not update the database as suggested when enabling VSPX, the commands are still there, and almost sort of work, however Voice attack crashes completely when calling Mission options and holding the ptt button down before the take x command can ever be used.

Does this just not work in VSPX?

I have been using VSPX almost since it came about, I never had any issues with the Options Menu, but that "Mission" command I've never tried.

It's still listed for me though. With "Server" and "Mystery" as aliases.

Cargo is still there as well.

Now, I don't remember when I switched, but you did re-start VA of course, and updated the keywords in the profile after the re-start?

image.png

I updated the keywords as the program tells me to when enabling the VSPX checkbox.

But the updated list is shorter and has none of those keywords Mystery, Server, Cargo, and Mission are not in there.

It's 927 instead of 940-some keywords when I toggle VSPX on and click finish.

If I reverse the process Finish lights up again and the resulting keywords database contains all of those.  But if I use that keywords base with VSPX checked I get crashes.

Edited by FeistyLemur

Actually now it showed up in the pulldown menu... I still have the keywords in my clipboard that do not have those mentioned commands.  But they all appear in the pulldown.

Now mine says 924 where it said 927 before when I first pasted them into the profile, so I have no idea what's going on with that.

Does DCS have to be run once maybe for it to update and include them?  I do not use the auto import f10 feature.

I've looked further and the keywords collection formatting is quite different for VSPX mode, it's sectioned off in brackets.  But it does not create a section for the Mission/Server/Mystery keywords.

If I export the keywords database it produces two files, the .txt to paste in that you get when clicking finish also.  And a CSV file with listed commands.

The export CSV file of listed commands for VSPX includes all the commands in question, but the paste in file does not.  So perhaps this is a bug?  Or simply a limitation and this feature does not work in VSPX mode?

10 hours ago, Hollywood_315 said:

Confirmed export of these keywords is not handled properly in VSPX mode currently.
We'll have a fix in next update, thanks for flagging.

One other thing I noticed and am not sure if its a bug or intended, relating to VSPX.

When you use the "test" feature on the keywords page it does not appear to do anything.  It just waits for a second or so then says VSPX processing is enabled.  No test results.

One other thing I noticed and am not sure if its a bug or intended, relating to VSPX.
When you use the "test" feature on the keywords page it does not appear to do anything.  It just waits for a second or so then says VSPX processing is enabled.  No test results.
"Test" does not work when VSPX is enabled.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk