GC “Hey what are you doing!”

SharpeXB

Playing MP on DDCS I get this message trying to refuel and rearm. Why? I’m within the life points so I don’t think I have an invalid load-out. Why this message? 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Brake is set and chocks are set

In MP if the carrier starts turning I think the jet rolls a bit even with the chocks so you’ll get that message. But the carrier wasn’t turning at this point. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

If you are on the ship, its because its A) turning, and B) you're on the ship while its turning. Helicopters and objects still tend to slide off of the deck of a moving ship because it believes its stationary, but the position of your airplane or helicopter on the ship isnt being updated nearly as often as the ship is..thus GC thinks you are moving. The issue will go away once the ship stops turning. Lag spikes also produce this issue.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

22 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

If you are on the ship, its because its A) turning, and B) you're on the ship while its turning. Helicopters and objects still tend to slide off of the deck of a moving ship because it believes its stationary, but the position of your airplane or helicopter on the ship isnt being updated nearly as often as the ship is..thus GC thinks you are moving. The issue will go away once the ship stops turning. Lag spikes also produce this issue.

I figured that part. But the ship wasn’t turning at this point. It kept happening repeatedly. Maybe it was lag. 

• 1 year later...

I assume its because the collision model with aircraft and the ground is old and clunky. Way back in the day of Flaming Cliffs 1.0, it used to be that only the runway on airports had a landing surface - anywhere else you would just 'splosion. It hasnt been updated significantly since then AFAIK, but its a tad bit different with movable landing platforms and how they're connected to the world at large. On top of that, the game engine thinks that the modeled vibration in aircraft counts as movement on the deck and the game differentiates between an aircraft truly static vs a moving object...and since everything moves now, the old clunky ground (collision?) model is now whats holding it back. See, I highly doubt you would have this problem in any of the FC aircraft on land, but anything with a professional flight model is going to be different in that regard.

12 hours ago, Kaiser_1-1 said:

This issue seems to be getting worse and has been mentioned for more than 5yrs. I also get this far too often for all manner of reasons, not just "oh the carrier is turning". Post have been made, yet the bug is still going strong.

On the Super Carrier turning: “Hey what are you doing?!”

On Super Carrier not turning: “Hey what are you doing?!”

On the flattop turning or not: “Hey what are you doing?!”

On the ground in a warbird trying to run the starter: “Hey what are you doing?!”

At a FARP in a helo with all hands off controls: “Hey what are you doing?!”

stupid rambling incoherent text I deleted but didnt get deleted for some reason or other

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Kaiser_1-1 said:

This issue seems to be getting worse and has been mentioned for more than 5yrs. I also get this far too often for all manner of reasons, not just "oh the carrier is turning". Post have been made, yet the bug is still going strong.

On the Super Carrier turning: “Hey what are you doing?!”

On Super Carrier not turning: “Hey what are you doing?!”

On the flattop turning or not: “Hey what are you doing?!”

On the ground in a warbird trying to run the starter: “Hey what are you doing?!”

At a FARP in a helo with all hands off controls: “Hey what are you doing?!”

ALL THE TIME: “Hey what are you doing?!”

Aaaarrgh!!!!

Mention it and you will be asked to send files... Why? ED know it's a problem for years. Yet some staff tester will ask you to send them files, as if this must be a special case.

So after an evening flying, having jumped into servers 10times due to server reset or DCS CTD or whatever reason, and dealing with not being able to refuel for God knows what game bug related reason, I should now go through error logs and track files so I can figure out which one contains the bug you already know all about? Then send it? Or better yet, shorten the file as I have seen asked.

You're joking right? Surely it's a joke, or you are gaslighting customers.

Forum lackies can delete this post and give warnings as has been the case in the past for people speaking their mind on issues. I have screenshot it. The point is valid, the criticism is justified and not disrespectful.

Why is it still so hard to refuel or rearm?

please include a track replay showing the issue so we can take a closer look

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2