Red gear handle?

SharpeXB

After launch My gear handle is red, launch bar is up. Alarm sounding. No external view on MP to check. Try landing and request repair but that’s not able. What went wrong?

Clearly this means the gear is in transit and not up, but why? I don’t have failures enabled. 

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Overspeed on takeoff before you got the wheels up (likely the front wheel door ripped off).  It seems to be more sensitive/faster to get to the 250 kt limit in the last few months (or else it's the missions I'm flying have a lighter loadout than I'm used to 🤔-- either way I've had this a few times lately when I never ran into it before)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

Overspeed on takeoff before you got the wheels up (likely the front wheel door ripped off)

That’s all I could figure. What’s odd was that landing and requesting repair didn’t fix it. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, rob10 said:

Ya, it does feel like there is a bug in this somewhere

Maybe  but  if  its  one  of  the  gear  doors that was  ripped off   than its  more  than  a    hour  or  so  to  repair  it  so its  unlikely   it  will  be  repaired on  deck.  This  if  only  dcs  has  made  it this  way of  course

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Maybe  but  if  its  one  of  the  gear  doors that was  ripped off   than its  more  than  a    hour  or  so  to  repair  it  so its  unlikely   it  will  be  repaired on  deck.  This  if  only  dcs  has  made  it this  way of  course

Ok well honestly all the “repairs” requested in DCS would take longer IRL than they do in the game. I guess that was the point of my OP. Since this was indeed aircraft damage I should have been able to get it repaired. Maybe this is just a WIP with the Hornet. 

• Like 1

Yes it can be repaired however to me in the last patches it seem more sensitive to overspeed.

• Like 1

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw