crew animations

diveplane

• 3 weeks later...

Since the WIP includes marshalling to the catapult and off the landing deck I guess, at some point the aforementioned increase of possible animation of static deck crew could be expanded. Given the effort it takes, I also think it is going to take years...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 months later...

What I really wish is that the deck crew moved with more military bearing... When you look at the deck crew IRL vs. in DCS you notice their movements do not look as sharp or have such a command presence. You guys who have been in the military know exactly what I'm talking about when I say looking sharp and smart.

I can't tell if ED recorded the correct animations from doing motion capturing or somewhere during the editing process they changed the originally recorded animations so they look to be slower or what. To me as a layman, it does look similar but it certainly isn't the same and it doesn't exude your typical military bearing like performing the "manual of arms" for example... Which if you look at the deck crews IRL, they do use military bearing in their movements on the flight deck.

I'd love if they looked like they moved more with a sense of purpose and they had more of a military bearing to them especially considering they are supposed to reflect that they are military personnel.

Edited by Baz000