new channel map version

Kiwi_Viper

whats the deal with this, those of us that have had it for ages have to pay again? the news thing says nothing about that nor if we already pre ordered the mossie if we get the discount, i dont see why we have to pay again for something we've already bought the prices are way too much as it is.

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

If you have already purchased the map then that's it. You have it. What you will get is the update (at no extra cost to you) that's coming to the map when it moves out of Early Access.

The extra 10% discount (on top of the already 20% on it whilst it is under EA) being offered on the map is for folk who have pre-ordered the Mosquito, but have not yet purchased the Channel map up to now. So if you pre-order the Mossie you'll get 30% pre-order discount, if you then buy the Channel Map you would get 30% discount on that too. Good deal if you ask me. It's also a good way to up the sales of the map, get more folk into DCS WW2, and hopefully get ED to invest a bit more in development of WW2 in general. 

• Like 3

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

59 minutes ago, bart said:

If you have already purchased the map then that's it. You have it. What you will get is the update (at no extra cost to you) that's coming to the map when it moves out of Early Access.

The extra 10% discount (on top of the already 20% on it whilst it is under EA) being offered on the map is for folk who have pre-ordered the Mosquito, but have not yet purchased the Channel map up to now. So if you pre-order the Mossie you'll get 30% pre-order discount, if you then buy the Channel Map you would get 30% discount on that too. Good deal if you ask me. It's also a good way to up the sales of the map, get more folk into DCS WW2, and hopefully get ED to invest a bit more in development of WW2 in general. 

Its a great deal, so how do we get the extra 10% back on the map, if were about to pre purchase the Mosquito, and already have the Channel?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevanJ said:

Its a great deal, so how do we get the extra 10% back on the map, if were about to pre purchase the Mosquito, and already have the Channel?

Looks like both of us are $4.99 out of pocket then!

When I bought the map there wasn't a package deal on at that time, which is essentially what this is, buy both now and save an extra $4.99 on the map. Do I begrudge ED that $4.99?... not at all. I've had more than my moneys worth out of it since it released 17 months ago...

• Like 1

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

2 hours ago, StevanJ said:

You dont. 

That's like asking for refund at the 50% sale the day after you bought something. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, razo+r said:

You dont. 

That's like asking for refund at the 50% sale the day after you bought something. 

When I bought my gpu on sale from amazon, the price went down a week after by a further 5%

When I brought it up to customer service that it was frustrating and made me unhappy they gave me 20% off my original price.

That made me feel ALOT better.

The discount should work both ways-

if you already have the channel, you should get more off the mosquito Preorder.

30 minutes ago, StevanJ said:

I see where you're coming from now, fair comment.

Another option would be to give those folks who have already bought the map extra "miles" points on the Mosquito pre-purchase equivalent to the 10% difference, which we could then use on any future purchase and recoup it that way. 

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bart said:

I see where you're coming from now, fair comment.

Another option would be to give those folks who have already bought the map extra "miles" points on the Mosquito pre-purchase equivalent to the 10% difference, which we could then use on any future purchase and recoup it that way. 

I like it..

Reward those who are loyal to the game, makes great business sense too.

I wish I could be optimistic towards the concept.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StevanJ said:

When I bought my gpu on sale from amazon, the price went down a week after by a further 5%

When I brought it up to customer service that it was frustrating and made me unhappy they gave me 20% off my original price.

That made me feel ALOT better.

Not trying to rain on your parade, and there is no harm in asking. You will never know unless you do. But its worth considering that you might be missing a small but important point in your own quote.

In the case of your GPU purchase, the price drop was the week after. Amazon wouldn't likely comp you a further 5% discount had you already used the GPU for several months. Taking the argument the other way, you had the opportunity to get in on special deals that someone just starting out in DCS didn't.

But you will never know unless you ask. Good luck.

Can someone please clarify the actual fully discounted price for the Channel map? Currently it is $34.99 on the site, a 30% discount for everyone is what I see. I just pre-ordered the Mossie so is there an discount on the $34.99? Below is the news item on the DCS site. That is clear to me. get the mossie, get 30% off. But there is already 30% off so then it would not have made any difference if I got the Mossie or not!! Poor comms if it is from ED...

We are preparing to release the completed version of DCS: The Channel. To celebrate, we are offering 30% off this map to those that have pre-ordered DCS: Mosquito FB VI. This limited-time deal will be available until the 9th of September 15:00 GMT.

A Hawg and a Viper. To go. Thank you.

On 8/28/2021 at 10:41 PM, Callsign112 said:

Not trying to rain on your parade, and there is no harm in asking. You will never know unless you do. But its worth considering that you might be missing a small but important point in your own quote.

In the case of your GPU purchase, the price drop was the week after. Amazon wouldn't likely comp you a further 5% discount had you already used the GPU for several months. Taking the argument the other way, you had the opportunity to get in on special deals that someone just starting out in DCS didn't.

But you will never know unless you ask. Good luck.

Heres a TV I used daily for a year, i asked for a further discount, 12 months after i bought it.
I bought it- then 12 months later it was discounted further in a sale.
I spoke to Amazon.
Amazon agreed to refund the price difference.

Heres my opinion.
Maybe im right, maybe im wrong.
Its a matter of where you want to stand.
When lockdown came, i put myself deep into gaming.
DCS was where all my time went.

Ive said this before but maybe it needs repeating.
Introduce a subscription for those who want to donate to ED as a superfan (Kind of like donating each month to a Charity). Maybe even allow those Superfans to access the 'Alpha' game play too.
Superfans will get 'one of a kind' skins, assets or models to seperate them from the 'normal consumers'. So they can have enjoy the game with those special assets that make single players 'more special' (because of the special access to 'Superfan Assets), They'll enjoy the multiplayer game because they'll have the 'one of a kind' superfan skins and models to show off to others while online.
They might even get miles points too.

Its the principle of the matter.
While i agree that poor sales of products (maps and modules) should be pushed into packages to increase sales, I dont feel it should be at the expense of someone- of whom has invested early in the product under 'promise' that it will be great and therell be loads to do.
Which is the problem with early access, no one really knows what theyre getting, and when theyre told 'this is it', were kinda sometimes left under whelmed.

The pattern of product sales should not be:

Brand drops product development with the promise that it will sell well and be finished with 'this specification'>
The product is released to early investors with more promises (that it will be finished very soon)>
The product doesnt hit targets so resources are pulled and pooled into a different module where sales are high>
Early investors complain because they feel the product didnt live up to its 'promises or they expect more'>
Product bundled with another product to piggy back on that modules brand 'with same promises' to further increase sales>
Early investors miss out on big discount because they were loyal to the brand in its early instance.

In this case, yes we've enjoyed 'The Channel', But no where near enough by comparison because of the way Warbirds is struggling to gain interest and because of the ridiculous way Warbirds is structured to the new user.
Syria drops, we have free Assets- Lots of stuff to do, Lots of modules to use with map.
Syria goes on to expand to the West, with a promise of expansion to the East.
Now in its first Early Access release- I enjoyed it i wasnt even bothered about Cyprus to be honest, It was great.
Now with every release weve had, its become the perfect map. And now its obvious all other maps need an update.
To have a 3rd party setting the bar with a product in ED's world, is incredibly bad for ED, because now the consumer know whats expected in a module.
We know modules can be expanded, and improved within a couple of months.

You can enjoy DCS Syria after purchase for free with access to every part of the game.
Syria caters for EVERYONE. Naval, Ground, Air, have been taken care off thanks to the cost of 'access into the game'.

A friend of mine had only bought Syria and used the SU25 for months before going for the FA18. Then into more maps.
Its perfect as a sales tool, and its been introduced by someone that doesnt even own the game..
Now ED have to match them in the quality of their workmanship.

The Channels cost of access is incredibly high, and because of the way ED have structured that part of the game, we expect more- ALOT more.
You cannot expect the customer who has paid for Syria and uses the SU25, to be happy with the Channel, after theyve paid for the map, the Asset Pack and a Warbird.
And thats why in the last week weve seen overwhelming complaints from the other forum.
This cant carry on the way its going.

ED will soon be forced to release an actual warbird into the game for free- They have to, as Warbirds is unfathomly unpopular right now, and as an early investor into the Channel, Im becoming unhappy with the time its taking to deliver the promises they made to me with regards to the Warbirds game.
Ive done everything i can to push people into it. And every time i do, im met with a barrage of discontent for those ive pushed.
The people who are investing in this side of the game are paying over the odds for a lesser game.

I predict that either the Hellcat (because of the Marianas) will be free, or that ED will go back and release the P51, because we have the SU25 that actively gets people into the modern game, because of all the things it can do (Its the best SEAD plane in the game), But we have a 2 seat TF51 to get people into Warbirds, and its pants as a sales tool.
What will happen to those that have purchased a module when its offered for free to the public.

The old 'Just wait and see whats round the corner' attitude, is wearing off..
Now were looking for that focused feedback towards what were actually getting from the game.

P.S If Superfan subscription comes out, please make me member number 1.

• Like 1

Steve, I am starting to understand after several communications with you that you feel the cost of DCS World is too high. I don't agree with that sentiment, but I also respect it.

But I also get how you seem to be tired of waiting for products you already paid for to get out of EA. That is something I could get more in line with. I think things like the Yak should not happen, and ED should do what it can to put those types of fires out because all they do is let bad feelings ferment.

But your take on assets and what ED's cost structure should be is sort of a mute point IMO because it is not likely to change anything. So I wont bother getting into it again with you except to say that your comparison with the included assets in another WWII flight sim is weak at best.

I also have both, and there is no comparison when considering ground assets. One has a set of low res static objects, the other has higher res objects with the option to drive them if the user has combined arms.

One of the problems with this comparison IMO is that the two business models are very different in terms of their structure. The one offers more simple models, but an all inclusive approach to each map release that has obvious benefits to the user, while DCS aims to offer more real-to-life models that take more time to develop. This includes the resources needed to develop assets.

If we could jump ahead 24 months from now when DCS WWII is more developed in both available planes and assets, I think the initial advantage the other sim has over DCS will decrease, while the benefits of DCS World will become more obvious for the users that want that type of simulation. 

But going back to your request and the long explanation that followed, I never said you don't have a point, and by all means ask if ED will comp you the 10%. You wont know until you do.

21 minutes ago, Callsign112 said:

Steve, I am starting to understand after several communications with you that you feel the cost of DCS World is too high. I don't agree with that sentiment, but I also respect it.

But I also get how you seem to be tired of waiting for products you already paid for to get out of EA. That is something I could get more in line with. I think things like the Yak should not happen, and ED should do what it can to put those types of fires out because all they do is let bad feelings ferment.

But your take on assets and what ED's cost structure should be is sort of a mute point IMO because it is not likely to change anything. So I wont bother getting into it again with you except to say that your comparison with the included assets in another WWII flight sim is weak at best.

I also have both, and there is no comparison when considering ground assets. One has a set of low res static objects, the other has higher res objects with the option to drive them if the user has combined arms.

One of the problems with this comparison IMO is that the two business models are very different in terms of their structure. The one offers more simple models, but an all inclusive approach to each map release that has obvious benefits to the user, while DCS aims to offer more real-to-life models that take more time to develop. This includes the resources needed to develop assets.

If we could jump ahead 24 months from now when DCS WWII is more developed in both available planes and assets, I think the initial advantage the other sim has over DCS will decrease, while the benefits of DCS World will become more obvious for the users that want that type of simulation. 

But going back to your request and the long explanation that followed, I never said you don't have a point, and by all means ask if ED will comp you the 10%. You wont know until you do.

I promise you, You genuinely dont understand.

In the last 24 months, ive seen clouds improve, and gameplay get worse.
Im still waiting for promises to be fulfilled from years ago, assets include the S3 Tanker we were promised years ago.
Were still bombing buildings that look like theyre made from duplo.
Despite that, Im still here, buying modules. Waiting for the promises that i was given years ago on modules that are still not completed..
Im not filling up the forums with complaints, im filing reports, and building campaigns and missions for any player to enjoy.

Im for a donation/subscription program to help build a better game.
And yet you think I feel the cost of a 'DCS world' is too high?
Im fine with the cost. I not fine that i have to constantly tell people which modules to avoid.

Read this, Argue with them.
Please- Dont argue with me.
We wont get anywhere.

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 8/28/2021 at 6:43 AM, StevanJ said:

I'm sorry, 30% off is already a pretty fair discount, we do have to keep the lights on in the shop. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png