unable to interact with cockpit (LAlt+C) after a crashlanding

D4n

see trackfile. (@ 01:16 timestamp crashlanding. Helicopter sliding, but staying level in the field)

unableInteractCockpitLAlt+C-after-crashlanding.trk

*meant LAlt+C of course.

Edited by D4n
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• D4n changed the title to unable to interact with cockpit (LAlt+C) after a crashlanding

...and unlike other modules where the screen goes black, you can still 'see'. But can't do anything. And I'm still curious if anybody has only had one crewmember killed. When they get killed (as mentioned, by a stiff breeze), they both go in my experience. I'm hoping somebody has had a different experience and could still pilot the helo with the remaining crewmember.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb ARM505:

...and unlike other modules where the screen goes black, you can still 'see'. But can't do anything. And I'm still curious if anybody has only had one crewmember killed. When they get killed (as mentioned, by a stiff breeze), they both go in my experience. I'm hoping somebody has had a different experience and could still pilot the helo with the remaining crewmember.

current situation in Multiplayer:
Pilot-Commander dead: No switch of seats before but also no autoswitch of seas by code, aiframe tumbles to its death or keeps flying gently into nowhere

Pilot-Operator dead: No feedback to player/Pilot-Commander but once you figured out dear Petro is now in a place with endless Vodka, you can RTB (but you have to reselect role, a repair

does not dezombify Petro for most player so far)

Multicrew: Pilot-Commander player dead - Pilot-Operator player gets blue message box and can RTB and vice versa (but you have to reselect role and switch aiframe, no rejoin on base for most players so far)

Early access module, Eagle early access module... and that is all that can be typed.. although a lot could be typed from a SCRUM, U-Waterfall, agile, any of many perspectives.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rogorogo said:

Pilot-Commander dead: ...

Pilot-Operator dead: ...

Please simply call it "pilot" and "gunner" for simplicity, people use those terms since at least vietnam war days when helicopters had a pilot and a gunner(s). The terms you wrote are unnecessarily confusing to new DCS players. Thank you.

And thanks a lot for the information.

2 hours ago, rogorogo said:

U-Waterfall

what's that?

Edited by D4n
  • Thanks 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

3 hours ago, D4n said:

Please simply call it "pilot" and "gunner" for simplicity, people use those terms since at least vietnam war days when helicopters had a pilot and a gunner(s). The terms you wrote are unnecessarily confusing to new DCS players. Thank you.

You must think in Russian

15082089.jpg

• Like 2

vor 20 Stunden schrieb D4n:

what's that?

fe: https://www.oxagile.com/article/the-waterfall-model/

Don't bother if you are not familiar, I just placed that term there as a very layered hint (which some may get, and other can safely ignore or glance over), since there would a lot of things to be typed about, valid things, constructive things - about this product provider and core curator of the entire franchise, its integral aspects, standardization, engine (mostly about omission and "complete lack thereof").
But we cannot - because its CRM is as it is.