Not happy with campaign

I must tell you my issues with the campaign.  First is the complexity.  Why is it necessary to input codes to start each mission.  Next, you don’t seem to have to do anything but takeoff and land to get the code for the next mission.  Next, there is no next mission.  There are no clear mission statements or execution plans that specifically tell you what to do with each mission.   I am sorry if that offends, but that is basic military planning.   It doesn’t have to be complex, go here and do this.

More basic planning issues.  At the end of each mission there is a set of coordinates given.   But you don’t give an altitude for each set of coordinates.  Last there is no tanker tacan listed in each and every briefing.  

I am certainly not an expert on dcs.  But I know a little bit about military planning.  I don’t think you need that experience, to put a clear set of objectives in each mission.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Thumper1911 said:

I must tell you my issues with the campaign.  First is the complexity.  Why is it necessary to input codes to start each mission.  Next, you don’t seem to have to do anything but takeoff and land to get the code for the next mission.  Next, there is no next mission.  There are no clear mission statements or execution plans that specifically tell you what to do with each mission.   I am sorry if that offends, but that is basic military planning.   It doesn’t have to be complex, go here and do this.

More basic planning issues.  At the end of each mission there is a set of coordinates given.   But you don’t give an altitude for each set of coordinates.  Last there is no tanker tacan listed in each and every briefing.  

I am certainly not an expert on dcs.  But I know a little bit about military planning.  I don’t think you need that experience, to put a clear set of objectives in each mission.

Hey Thumper1911 🙂. First we would like to thank you for your purchase and feedback and we are sorry that you are not happy with our campaign. 

First of all, Inserting code in every mission is a way of transferring the progress and results of your previous mission. If you just take off and land, yes you will get a code but it will be completely different from one you will get in case you take off, do a successful sortie and land. The code is calculated by taking account many factors in every sortie and unfortunately at the moment is the only way to transfer the results to the next mission. 

The progress code is produced in every mission based on your performance. Since you are the CO of the squadron it is really up to you to plan the next mission based of course on the intel given to you by your XO. For this is reason there is no execution plan as you say. This also give you the advantage of replayability. For example lets say that you are not happy with your performance in one sortie, you are able to insert the last code you used and replay mission/sortie with a different. This of course applies for the whole campaign. 

At the end of the mission your XO doesn't give intel about the elevation of the target but you are able to see it though the F10 map. After a while a red circle appears showing the suggested target, hovering the mouse above it, you will be able to see its elevation. Also knowing the coordinates of the target you can preplan your WP in the mission planner before the next sortie. 

The Tanker TACAN is shown in every mission inside your kneeboard. You can access it during mission with RShift+K and the change pages with "[" and "]". 

Thank you again for your feedback and by no means we find it offensive 🙂

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign