WW2 Pilot Uniform

mitchelrobertson

^ The question is if he wants to replace texture only or the pilot model as well (the original post is not clear enough). The former is doable with custom dds, the latter is not I believe.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:01 AM, Art-J said:

^ The question is if he wants to replace texture only or the pilot model as well (the original post is not clear enough). The former is doable with custom dds, the latter is not I believe.

I have the DDS of a WW2 uniform but don't know where to put it.  How can I be more clear for such a simple question?  It really doesnt matter.  I dont use the pilot anyway modern duds or not.  Simply thought I might when I saw the WW2 dds.  I didnt think coming to these forums would be like getting my wisdom teeth pulled without novacane.  Ill stop now.

Edited by mitchelrobertson

8 hours ago, mitchelrobertson said:

I have the DDS of a WW2 uniform but don't know where to put it.  How can I be more clear for such a simple question?  It really doesnt matter.  I dont use the pilot anyway modern duds or not.  Simply thought I might when I saw the WW2 dds.  I didnt think coming to these forums would be like getting my wisdom teeth pulled without novacane.  Ill stop now.

The point is - it can be more clear indeed. Now we're sure you meant the pilot's body seen in F1 cam and not the one seen in external cameras. That's THE crucial bit of info that was missing in your original post. These are separate textures in separate locations - how could we know which one your question was about?

Will try to check and post where that dds should go once I'm back from work, unless someone else does in the meantime.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 1:47 PM, mitchelrobertson said:

Just as well. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 1 month later...

The P-51 is neglected. It seems to me the worst of the warbirds (perhaps because it was the first). In addition, it is a piece of iron with wings, slow and not very maneuverable. Flying with him, I don't understand where his charisma comes from!! As for the pilot, he looks like something out of a 1930s comic: absolutely devoid of realism. He has no decent animation and never wears an oxygen mask and goggles. Maybe the developers should take a little bit of care of it.