Throttles

Morat

With the Pre-order open, I'm wondering what to use for a throttle for the Mosquito. I'm hoping to fly VR with the minimum of fumbling.

I currently use a TM Warthog, which has been great for Jets and  Single engined warbirds but I'm looking for something that can handle Boost and RPM for a twin engine job.

This seems obvious but doesn't attract the usual good reviews that I'd expect from CH https://www.amazon.co.uk/CH-Products-300-133-Throttle-Quadrant/dp/B0002A59Z4?th=1

Has anyone been dabbling with twin prop planes and have a recommendation?

Thanks,

Morat

Here is what I plan to use...

https://www.saitek.com/uk/prod-bak/quad.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224196039750

Edited by Hartsblade

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

honeycomb_aeronautical_throttle_quadrant

• Like 1

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, Hartsblade said:

For the price, that looks tempting!

Can you use two of the USB "Add on" quadrants instead of adding one to the yoke/throttle setup? I plan on using my trust Warthog for the Joystick.

Checking Amazon questions/answers - it seems you can plug in at least three throttle quadrants at once. I think we have a winner. The Honeycomb looks amazing but far too expensive for me!!

Thanks folks 🙂

Edited by Morat

1 hour ago, Morat said:

For the price, that looks tempting!

Can you use two of the USB "Add on" quadrants instead of adding one to the yoke/throttle setup? I plan on using my trust Warthog for the Joystick.

Checking Amazon questions/answers - it seems you can plug in at least three throttle quadrants at once. I think we have a winner. The Honeycomb looks amazing but far too expensive for me!!

Thanks folks 🙂

The Honeycomb looks great. But expensive and I have nowhere to mount it..

Yup here is mine20210815_112420.thumb.jpg.b7a03858e38a2c71cf467f5e598b0bbb.jpg

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

I mounted mine on a block,reminiscent to that of the Vickers Wellington throttle bank,well that's where I got the idea......here's my pit with my seat removed so you can view my controls better.

However for the Mosquito I intend to use the twin throttles on my Warthog.

HlCCu9D.jpg

xFfdMMI.jpg

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I’m intending to use the separate WH throttles for throttle and one of the WH throttle rocker switches for prop pitch. At least on takeoff I imagine that both props will be set to loud while the throttles will need to be manipulated independently. I’m hoping this, while not ideal, will work OK.

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

I'm going to wait until the module is released into EA before making any decision to buy extra axis controls. I want to have a good look at how it's set up in the control bindings first and fly it whilst playing around with different throttle and prop pitch settings and see what effects it actually has in roll and yaw etc. in sim.

I have a Warthog throttle and fly exclusively in VR so if I can cobble something together that works with what I've got now that'll do.

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Morat said:

Heh, the mounts will cost more than the throttles once I pay shipping! Still worth it overall.

Where did you get that front piece - or did you print it yourself?

If this question is for me...

I don't have  3D printer, but you could print them. I got mine from a company on ebay.

Double mount link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224263575669?hash=item3437269875:g:3YsAAOSw0iRf4A3B

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone using the honeycomb who finds the handles a little weedy check this site out.

https://www.freesimstuff.com/downloads--honeycomb.html

I got a load of handles 3d printed to fit over the honeycomb. They feel better in hand imho. I'm hoping the 3 slot print which is meant to be for a 3 position flaps will serve as bomb doors up, down and neutral but will have to see what ED gives us to play with axis wise.

image0.jpg

image.jpg

image1.jpg

Edited by Dusty44
  • Like 2

If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

15 minutes ago, Dusty44 said:

Anyone using the honeycomb who finds the handles a little weedy check this site out.

https://www.freesimstuff.com/downloads--honeycomb.html

I got a load of handles 3d printed to fit over the honeycomb. They feel better in hand imho. I'm hoping the 3 slot print which is meant to be for a 3 position flaps will serve as bomb doors up, down and neutral but will have to see what ED gives us to play with axis wise.

image0.jpg

image.jpg

image1.jpg

Wow Thankyou for that. Think my mates 3D printer is about to get a hammering. 

as to the ops request. Like many others here, I opted for the Honeycomb Bravo for my throttle.   Only concern is due to time, it’s mounted on the right side, rather than the left as my Warthog.   Not normally an issue when paired with a yoke, but as I’m using my Warthog stick for the Mossie, that’s set up for a right hand.   

so could get Intresting

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I have my Saitex X65f, currently for the Spit I use the left throttle for boost and the right for engine RPM.  My plan with the Mossie is to setup the throttles with a modifier to control Engine RPM as once RPM is set it rarely needs to be adjusted.  Not as glamorous as some of the beautiful home kits, but I think a solid plan and I'm in VR anyway.  Let me know if you think of anything I may have forgotten.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of using 2 Saitek single engine throttles.  I have one old one, already.  Switch the knobs around, and it should work, if DCS will let you use two.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.