Deploying multiple JSOW, WCMD how to properly target

Pmedic548

So question when droping a pair of JSOW or WCMD, you can select trail or side by side release.  So when using the TGP and designating the ground point,    which weapon is hitting the point and which weapon is hitting behind or to the side?  I many be making it more complex but if I am droping on a target area with the weapons in trail, and set say a spread of 500 feet, is one tracking the point and the other 500 feet behind? So in some situations should I "lead" the designated area have the weapons better cover the area I'm attacking?  And if dropping side by side, is the selected weapon covering one side, say I've selected the weapon on the right side, is it striking right and the left striking 500 feet (or my selected spacing) to the left or vice versa.  I'm just trying to get a handle on how using the weapons  in pairs how to designate accurately with the TGP for maximum effectiveness. 

Thanks 

12 hours ago, Frederf said:

Neither. If the weapon separation is 500' longitudinal then one lands 250' early and the other 250' late. The idea is that the effect pattern from each is overlapping to produce a single larger footprint. It is the same as dumb bombs.

This ^^