TWS Loses Lock

SharpeXB

Go to solution Solved by opps,

The radar consistently loses lock in TWS mode. Tracks attached. Stable version 2.7.5.10869

lostlock3.zip

Edited by SharpeXB

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Have you seen this video yet? it may help

I’ve seen that. And read the manual etc etc. I don’t see why when you’ve locked a target it continually gets unlocked unless it was notching or something. These aren’t. The only other A2A radar I use is the M-2000C and it never does this. You lock a target and lock means lock. 

Velocity Micro PC | Asus Z97-A | i7-4790K 4.7GHz | Corsair Liquid CPU Cooler | 32GB DDR3-1600MHz Memory | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | 240gb Intel 520 Series MLC SSD | 850 W Corsair PSU | Windows 10 Home | LG 32UD99-W UHD Monitor | Bose Companion 5 Speakers | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Solution

1.  You are using TWS MAN. This means RADAR tries to track contact but won't adjust azimuth and elevation. You have to adjust those to maintain track in this mode. TWS AUTO automatically adjust azimuth and elevation to track L&S target. Use TWS AUTO.

2.  Set TARGET AGING. This is clearly explained in above wags video and  @Hulkbust44 's post. Default aging setting is by no means usable.

I always set TARGET AGING to 16 and TWS AUTO track L&S target just fine in BVR regime.

Edited by opps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, opps said:

1.  You are using TWS MAN. This means RADAR tries to track contact but won't adjust azimuth and elevation. You have to adjust those to maintain track in this mode. TWS AUTO automatically adjust azimuth and elevation to track L&S target. Use TWS AUTO.

2.  Set TARGET AGING. This is clearly explained in above wags video and  @Hulkbust44 's post. Default aging setting is by no means usable.

I always set TARGET AGING to 16 and TWS AUTO track L&S target just fine in BVR regime.

Thanks, that solved it. 

• Like 2