suggestion..: Pilot with emergency radio, SAR rescue pickup and campaign support points.

delevero

Suggestion.
Sometimes it happen that both AI or your own wingman have to eject or make an emergency landing out in the field.
Especially in multiplayer it would be nice to have the option to pickup stranded friendly pilots instead of them just ESC and leave the game.
There for i like to suggest a feature that when people eject that when a player land with his parashut that he can run, and also activate
a little emergency beacon that helicopters can use to find him.
When helicopter land within 50m the player or the heli pilot should be able to jump into the cargo area and when player is delivered to a friendly base the "life" should be returned, OR given some kind of extra supply points as a reward.
- maybe there need to be some kind of cheat function so people dont eject again and again near their base to get some easy points.

This will make it more fun for the many transport heli pilots out there like mi8 and huey, mi24 and bind the players better together so it matter for the helicopters to come get you.
maybe it would add to the emertion if the ejected player had a pistol and a few clips of ammo.. Not that it matter that much since they wont be able to really do anything but at least its there when you run arround in enemy territory while looking for a good location to hide or be picked up. ( maybe a few flares the player can hold in his hand could be usefull as well.. example red or blue smok depending on the side you play on ).

ps. If pilot eject over water he should spawn in a small orange boat.
To pick him up over at example 10m and via radio menu load into cargo ( something like that )

• Like 3

SAR missions have overall bug potential considering the amount of choppers we have. IIRC even Apache could emergency pick up one or two shoot down pilots or soldiers. Let alone dedicated transport cabin Huey, Mi-8 or Mi-24.

With the new dynamic campaign there will be lot more emphasis on performing specific type of mission, probably including i.e. Combat SAR, there will be a real purpose to do that.

+1 Absolutely the big thing I'm prepared to support it even if it's a paid module.

This CSAR/SAR thing brings together all of those cool things what I find exciting, but requires these prerequisites to function great.

And then ultimately CSAR/SAR and transport logistics should be a big deal with "dynamic campaign" that hopefully was planned with this in mind.

There's a lot around this and some of it not simple tech, but I think this isn't an unreasonable wish,

For example, should we go deep enough to support Battery fuel type, for those unpowered EPLBs and Personal Radios so it'll run out of juice after a while, unfortunately I don't know enough (didn't had time yet to research) to know whether ejection seats themselfs really do have Emergency Personal Locator Beacons (probably a different term for military?) other than seeing it in movies, most notably Behind Enemy Lines.

Battery could work just like fuel does, when infantry gets in some range of a powered motor vehicle or structure it keeps the battery charged, it's obviously not realistic but I think it's good enough, so those lost squads on top of a snowy mountain don't have all week to keep waiting for rescue, time is limited! And without radio it'll be tougher to find them.

Edited by Worrazen
  • Like 1

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria