Please make these commands bindable!

VFA41_Hedgehog

Please make the following commands bindable:

Screen shot

'Ready pre-contact'

Both of these would be VERY helpful as HOTAS buttons...  of course I could use TARGET software to do it, but I don't want to have to run TARGET in the background if I don't have to.  (And, no, not interested in installing and running Voice Attack just for this, either.)

Edited by VFA41_Hedgehog
  • Like 1

bahog2trn.gif
VFA-41 Black Aces
www.vfa-41.com

Shouldn't even have to call ready pre contact, the baskets should be deployed before you get there.

Edit: *Is how the game should be, not how it currently is.

Edited by MARLAN_
  • Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

“Ready Pre-Contact” is just a radio command. None of the other radio commands are on the HOTAS except of course the radio itself. 
Hint: If you find it difficult to press F1 when you’re ready to refuel. You’re not ready. You should be stable and trimmed on station behind the tanker, hands off the stick when you send that message. So it shouldn’t be a big deal. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Foka said:

Not true. You have "Hornet Ball" bind.

Sure. That’s a radio command which is pretty hard to do while flying. 

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I agree, "Ready Pre-Contact" would benefit from a keybind, especially in VR with wake turbulence.

HOTAS compatible menus would be cool too... cursor, up/down, etc.

• Like 2

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

9 minutes ago, Dunx said:

especially in VR with wake turbulence.

If you’re flying into the turbulence you’re not in the correct spot. You should be below the wake behind the tanker. 

Again, at the point in the process that you make this command your plane should be totally stable. It’s a sorta non issue. 

9 minutes ago, Dunx said:

HOTAS compatible menus would be cool too... cursor, up/down, etc.

That’s a better idea, have all the radio commands available from the HOTAS. 

Edited by SharpeXB
  • Like 1

No, formation flying needs HOTAS, don't kid yourself you can fly without hands that close to another plane.

• Like 2

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

11 hours ago, Dunx said:

don't kid yourself you can fly without hands that close to another plane.

Ok but you aren’t that close to the tanker when you call pre-contact. My point is if you’ve oscillating all over the sky trying to press F1. You aren’t “ready”

7 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

Ok but you aren’t that close to the tanker when you call pre-contact. My point is if you’ve oscillating all over the sky trying to press F1. You aren’t “ready”

We obviously fly under very different conditions.

This thread is a request to enhance DCS World with a mapping for the "Ready Pre-Contact" radio command, to allow HOTAS.

Based on my experience, in VR with wake turbulence, and most nights banking with desync, I strongly believe this would benefit players of all skills, and so I endorse this request.

Also, it is an enhancement that would ultimately be optional. I see little point in arguing against such a request.

Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dunx said:

We obviously fly under very different conditions.

The station you need to take behind the tanker in order for it to respond is the same for everyone. And I’m using wake turbulence too. Yeah I’m veering off topic and getting into AAR itself though…

6 hours ago, Dunx said:

This thread is a request to enhance DCS World with a mapping for the "Ready Pre-Contact" radio command, to allow HOTAS.

It would be an even better idea to make all the radio commands usable with the HOTAS. Like you could just arrow up and down them with a hat switch etc. 

Edited by SharpeXB

Spend 10€ on Voice Attack and you don't need the keyboard for any of the radio commands. I have mapped 80+ spoken commands, one for every radio command, additionally one command for every F-key and a few others. So i can also switch the external views with it. Works like a charm. Controlling the Radio with spoken commands also adds some immersion, i for myself cannot go back using the F-keys or even the mouse.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

It is a bit annoying to have to try to open up the menu to spam the ready pre-contact option over and over because the tanker refuses to give me its love despite me being right behind it. The conditions for a "cleared contact" still seem like an enigma to me. That could be remedied by a hot key for those commands which would be awesome. but also by increasing the area that the tanker will accept contact. As others have pointed out, it really should already have the basket out anyway by the time your right up behind it. maybe just allowing a "cleared contact" if your anywhere within about a mile or 1/2 mile of the tanker would work. Then players who struggle could request it when they are close and those who like it the old way can wait to do the "ready pre-contact" call until their probe is right up inside the imaginary spot where the basket will soon be.