Dogfight VS HOB modes?

dresoccer4

Curious what the difference between DOGFIGHT and HOB mode? As the HOB mode seems to be acting weird. Here's what I'm seeing:

1) with the bogey in front of me I press DOGFIGHT/Missile Override Switch - Cycle to enter DGFT mode

2) press TMS up to activate boresight radar and lock the target in STT mode

3) get close and FIRE!

1-DIGFIGHT1.jpg

4) now if I press the DOGFIGHT/Missile Override Switch - Cycle switch again I enter the HOB mode

5) the bogey stays radar locked for a couple seconds, but then the target square drifts away (as seen in the below screenshot) and the bogey flies away from a radar lock. if i go back to DGFT mode it locks back again. How is this HOB mode supposed to work? I thought it was just like dogfight mode but for missiles only?

1-DIGFIGHT2.jpg

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

One thing to clarify: there is no "HOB Mode." You're in Missile Override Mode with an AIM-9X selected. That section in the HUD is showing you the currently selected weapon (AIM-9X = High Off Boresight or HOB, AIM-9M = Short Range Missile or SRM, AIM-120 = Medium Range Missile or MRM) and the number on board, in this case 4. 

The radar in Missile Override Mode should work the same way as in the basic A/A mode. 

• Like 4

Dogfight override puts FCR on ACM mode, Missile override is like A/A button on ICP, puts FCR on RWS mode. I don´t use the A/A button on ICP for BVR, just select Missile override.

The drifts on target lock must be a bug.

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier