Jump to content

190 D-9 vs D-13


Recommended Posts

The 190D is just about my favorite warbird.  But I am wondering why ED went with the D-9 rather than the D-13.  Is there some history as to the choice?  The manual says the D-9 was always just a placeholder until a better version was developed.  Is it possible that a D-13, with the inclusion of the nose mounted cannon, would have been too much for the Mustangs and Thunderbolts to handle?  Or, was there just more data available for the D-9?  Or something else?

 

Thanks,

 

TWC_SLAG

TWC_SLAG

 

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.6mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 49" 4K 60hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First and foremost, because that's the variant they took over from RRG when their project folded.

 

As for the plane itself, It might have been intended as a placeholder, but just like a placeholder Spitfire Mk IX, it turned out to be successful and the most produced variant after engine change. The only one mass produced actually, with all remaing Ds not progressing beyond prototype or short pre-production run stage. Which also means there's indeed much more data available for the 9.


Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had no idea only one -13 was built.  What’s also amazing is that it is still in existence.  Thanks for the information.

 

SLAG

TWC_SLAG

 

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.6mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 49" 4K 60hz, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to Jerry Crandall, possibly around 17 planes have been completed and two of them were known to be in service by april 7, 1945.  But yes, super rare bird anyways.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Krez said:

Wasn't the Dora just a stopgap until the Ta-152 was in production?

 

 

It was supposed to be, yes. Fortunately for germans it turned out to be one of the best ww2 fighters as well.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/18/2021 at 7:14 AM, Art-J said:

First and foremost, because that's the variant they took over from RRG when their project folded.

Negative ghostrider. The D9 is an original ED module and was announced long before RRG came up with the KS project.

 

Fox

  • Like 1

Eagle Dynamics, ceterum censeo: dare nobis ME CCLXII!

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 64GB RAM 3600Mhz, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, HP Reverb (G1)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No doubt that D-13 would perform much better at high alt, but we could extend this topic, why P-51D not P-51H, as fas as i know more then 500 aircrafts were produced still beats this 17 ish D-13s.

Even nature of DCS multiplayer engagements favors D-9

 


Edited by grafspee

I9 9900KF Stock, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus PRO, Ram 32 GB G.skill, Palit Gamerock OC 3090, Hotas Warthog, Thrustmaster Pendular Pedals, 4K 49" screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 9:20 AM, grafspee said:

No doubt that D-13 would perform much better at high alt, but we could extend this topic, why P-51D not P-51H, as fas as i know more then 500 aircrafts were produced still beats this 17 ish D-13s.

Even nature is DCS multiplayer engagements favors D-9

 

 

whats this I hear about people disabling the MW50 in that thing in their servers?   what the hell?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gwalker99 said:

whats this I hear about people disabling the MW50 in that thing in their servers?   what the hell?

 

i do it on my server because of the time frame for the channel and normandy maps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, JimBo* said:

 

i do it on my server because of the time frame for the channel and normandy maps.

 You just replace an inaccuracy with another inaccuracy.. to satisfy your ego, psychologically speaking.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

 

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, amazingme said:

 You just replace an inaccuracy with another inaccuracy.. to satisfy your ego, psychologically speaking.

well its Korean war missions on server for now till the Mossie is released. maybe if my ego lets me, i'll include MW50 and some I-16s when it flips back to WW2...


Edited by JimBo*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, amazingme said:

You just replace an inaccuracy with another inaccuracy.. to satisfy your ego, psychologically speaking.

 

For servers running the summer 1944 scenario it's either that or not have it flyable at all.

 

The only aircraft on the axis side that fits the time period is the Anton, which doesn't really compete with anything.

 

Having the Dora (already arguably the best warbird without mw50) with the boost would just make it silly. I say that as someone that flies it pretty frequently online. Maybe it's your ego that needs a little bit of massaging.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kablamoman said:

 

For servers running the summer 1944 scenario it's either that or not have it flyable at all.

 

The only aircraft on the axis side that fits the time period is the Anton, which doesn't really compete with anything.

 

Having the Dora (already arguably the best warbird without mw50) with the boost would just make it silly. I say that as someone that flies it pretty frequently online. Maybe it's your ego that needs a little bit of massaging.

 My ego wants to fly the planes as they were created by ED (with goods and bads, nobody is perfect), whereas your ego wants to fight against them handicapped (w/o MW-50) so you can win and have beautiful stats.. I don't know which ego has to be caressed more.. 😉 


Edited by amazingme
  • Like 1

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

 

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, amazingme said:

 My ego wants to fly the planes as they were created by ED (with goods and bads, nobody is perfect), whereas your ego wants to fight against them handicapped (w/o MW-50) so you can win and have beautiful stats.. I don't know which ego has to be caressed more.. 😉 

 

you can resolve it yourself... take the time and effort to create your own mission and then put up your own server. then run it, manage a web page so everyone can see their stats and do it all for free...

just a suggestion, why not continue this in Multiplayer Forum and let this thread get back on track?


Edited by JimBo*
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, amazingme said:

 You just replace an inaccuracy with another inaccuracy.. to satisfy your ego, psychologically speaking.

this is why I am thinking of just going for the 109 if people are so butt hurt about the MW50... seems they cant handle a long nose?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, amazingme said:

My ego wants to fly the planes as they were created by ED (with goods and bads, nobody is perfect), whereas your ego wants to fight against them handicapped (w/o MW-50) so you can win and have beautiful stats.. I don't know which ego has to be caressed more.

 

I think you may have misunderstood me: I fly the FW190 D9 quite a bit online and it's very competitive even without the MW50. I am not sure what to tell you, friend.

 

For my money I still think it's better than the other warbirds even without the additional boost.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kablamoman said:

 

I think you may have misunderstood me: I fly the FW190 D9 quite a bit online and it's very competitive even without the MW50. I am not sure what to tell you, friend.

 

For my money I still think it's better than the other warbirds even without the additional boost.

I can fly a bicycle on that server and still can make kills.. but I want to fly the planes that I like as they were engineered, not for the sake of making kills.

 

9 hours ago, JimBo* said:

you can resolve it yourself... take the time and effort to create your own mission and then put up your own server. then run it, manage a web page so everyone can see their stats and do it all for free...

just a suggestion, why not continue this in Multiplayer Forum and let this thread get back on track?

 

 There are other servers that were populated until one of them (you know which one) decided to ban alcohol on the premise that was not available on that period of time.. I even said at that time what would happen with the other servers if they did so.. Now you know..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

 

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, amazingme said:

I can fly a bicycle on that server and still can make kills.. but I want to fly the planes that I like as they were engineered, not for the sake of making kills.

 

 There are other servers that were populated until one of them (you know which one) decided to ban alcohol on the premise that was not available on that period of time.. I even said at that time what would happen with the other servers if they did so.. Now you know..


why not fly the A8 then?

It’s definitely an interesting challenge.

  • Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:


why not fly the A8 then?

It’s definitely an interesting challenge.

But I do.. despite the fact that it's horribly underpowered..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

 

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

 

So you're E.T.?

 

How much did that call home cost, then?

I see that you're a man of culture yourself... 😉

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

 

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...