Mission #3 terminology

splash

Hi, could you please tell me what does it mean this phrase?

"Proceed to eighty nine alpha, block ten to thirteen. Keypads eight and nine hot all altitudes. Switch Bowstring on Indigo five"

I'm sorry but I don't understand anything. Thanks.

Hi, take a look at this docs if you did not already.

I'll try to give you some info about the phrase

On 8/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, splash said:

"Proceed to eighty nine alpha, block ten to thirteen. Keypads eight and nine hot all altitudes. Switch Bowstring on Indigo five"

Proceed to eighty nine alpha:

Proceed to the waypoint called 89A

You'll have 3 waypoints on your flight plan, 89A - 89B - 89C

89A is your Area of Operation/Killbox (a defined area where you'll be available "on call" and you give CAS in case of need by ground forces fighting in that area)

you'll be on radio contact first with the Terminal Area Controller (Bowstring) and then if needed with the soldier(JTAC) on the ground.

block ten to thirteen

Your assigned/reserved altitude in that killbox (89A) is from 10000 feet to 13000 feet

Keypads eight and nine hot all altitudes

Don't remember this one. maybe deconflicting information

Switch Bowstring on Indigo five

Switch on radio channel corresponding to the "color code" indigo 5 (you have all this infos on the mission specific kneeboard page)

for safety reason they define color codes to radio frequency so they do not broadcast them in plain.

This is the agency(Terminal Area Controller) that will assign to you a mission if needed in that killbox/Area (89A) and handoff you to a JTAC soldier on the ground giving you his callsign and frequency by another color code.

cheers 

Edited by pokeraccio
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, splash said:

Many many thanks for your great explanations, I'm going to study all you explained and try to finish that mission.

You're welcome