Convoy burning light

Scoofer

Hi guys, I recently encountered this problem, when I start a convoy (off road), as soon as it starts to move, a light that burns from underneath every single vehicle turns on and stays on all the way. Has anyone else had the same problem? thank to all

Screen_210816_100448.png

Hi,

Looks good my end, provide TRK or MIZ to check. 

Screen_210816_110023.png

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

7 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Hi,

Looks good my end, provide TRK or MIZ to check. 

Screen_210816_110023.png

check my mission and try, in your pic the convoy continues on a dirt road, but road .. thank you mate

convoy burn.miz

10 minutes ago, cfrag said:

I've seen a similar effects when my weather wasn't set up correctly (e.g. weather was set in pre-2.7). Make sure you have selected a weather pre-set, and try again. Does the effect remain?

yes I changed the weather preset during editing, the mission was done a few days ago, and long after 2.7 was released

29 minutes ago, Scoofer said:

check my mission and try, in your pic the convoy continues on a dirt road, but road .. thank you mate

convoy burn.miz 22.97 kB · 1 download

yes I changed the weather preset during editing, the mission was done a few days ago, and long after 2.7 was released

Checked in latest beta, I see all good. I watched for 10 minutes and checked all other units and statics you have got there. Did not notice any issues like you mentioned. 

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

34 minutes ago, Gierasimov said:

Checked in latest beta, I see all good. I watched for 10 minutes and checked all other units and statics you have got there. Did not notice any issues like you mentioned. 

really strange, now I'll do some tests by uninstalling some mods. sure it will be some mods that creates conflict. thank you very much Gierasimov !!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scoofer said:

really strange, now I'll do some tests by uninstalling some mods. sure it will be some mods that creates conflict. thank you very much Gierasimov !!

Removing all mods, the problem remains. I did the repair, cleaned the various folders in saved games ... boh

check the video
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CiCkJ9zwJ_AueRoFYGGnO3JmhmKYw-QU/view?usp=sharing

6 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CiCkJ9zwJ_AueRoFYGGnO3JmhmKYw-QU/view?usp=sharing

13 hours ago, Scoofer said:

Removing all mods, the problem remains. I did the repair, cleaned the various folders in saved games ... boh

check the video

Wow. Looks like some dirt effect got replaced with light that a burning vehicle gives. 

Does it do it even if you start a fresh mission from ME, maybe it is isolated to this miz file? 

Although, the miz I checked was normal for me. 

Cleaned metashaders? 

Edited by Gierasimov

12 hours ago, Gierasimov said:

Wow. Looks like some dirt effect got replaced with light that a burning vehicle gives. 

Does it do it even if you start a fresh mission from ME, maybe it is isolated to this miz file? 

Although, the miz I checked was normal for me. 

Cleaned metashaders? 

Yes, clean metashaders & fxo. At the first start of dcs I don't see the problem, from the second time the problem reappears ..

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Scoofer
What happens if you rename your Saved Games/DCS... folder?

only the root folder with the same name? try.

Yes. The game won't find the folder and will then create a brand new one with default config.

Do NOT delete the backup folder, since it contains your custom controls.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:53 PM, Flappie said:
Yes. The game won't find the folder and will then create a brand new one with default config.

Do NOT delete the backup folder, since it contains your custom controls.

And contains all other user options as well. Backup that entire folder, see if the problem fixes itself and if you're up to it, then you can copy back your old files one by one (copy one thing, go in-game, see if it works - if yes, continue, if not, you've found the offending file).

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...

its an unknown game engine bug that happens semi-randomly. its difficult to reproduce and may be influenced by hw specifics. it appears to be related to spawning smoke during mission initialization.

some investigation here:

https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/issues/103

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 1 month later...