Request for mixture axis for all engines so Bravo Throttle can be programmed

flyingscotsman

Was not sure where to ask this but here goes. I have a Honeycomb Bravo Throttle and yesterday I set up my WW2 A/C on it, for better engine control.

However, there was not an axis on any of the aircraft that responded on the mixture setting. Spitfire/P-51-P47, bf109.....forgot the Dora, will do that today

So I have Throttle and Prop set up on 2 axis,(axes?) but as the mixture in set as 'analogue' on some so it does not respond

Could I ask for an axis to allocated in a future update please? Of course that would be multiple axis for the Mossie, 

Thanks

All ED WW2 planes has automatic mixture controls. Setup in different way Spitfire has Cut-off position and RUN, P-51 has Cut-off, Run and Emergency rich, P-47 RUN splits to auto lean and auto rich, It works like switch more then like manual mixture. Dora and Anton no mixture controls at all, and K-4 has something similar to Spitfire RUN and Shut off position. No intermediate positions

In Dora and Anton Throttle it self act as Cut off switch.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

35 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Be interested in feedback on this throttle - it’s on my “shopping list” for the Mossie in particular and warbirds generally

My tuppence worth, I like it a lot. It's a big unit and clamps to my game chair, right side, I have the warthog on the left, so I'm kinda flying left handed when I'm manipulating the Bravo, feels a bit wierd but hey ho, nice problem to have. It stays put, and very smooth in operation. I thought the lever's looked quite 'dinky' I have large hands, but actually once you start using it you can easily hold all 4 levers for excellent control. I got it mainly for MSFS2020 but decided to try it on DCS. I unplugged the Hotas so I have 2 sets of control set up for each aircraft without conflicts. 

It was an expensive purchase, but I would say very well worth the money. I've had other throttles that have felt more plasticy toy like, and they failed. IMHO this isnt and it has the flexibility to swop from 4 engine airliner to anything you want. Comes well packed and the alternative handles are in their own storage boxes for when they are not required. I did fork out £15 for 2 life size knob's for the Boeing 737, but you have to unscrew the handles each time. I gave up and got on with what was in the box. I did try and get two spare lever's but they do not ship parts from the U.S. to the UK so be aware of that. I have no idea if that will come in the future.

Hope this helps

Thank you Graf Spee for the explanation, I wondered why it was a switch. So won't be waiting for that, appreciate the reply

2 hours ago, razo+r said:

That's fuel pumps / supply selector, not mixture. 

Engine stop handle, works similar as mixture lever in spitfire 2 position handle RUN and Shut off.

7xNVzYj.png

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

5 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Be interested in feedback on this throttle - it’s on my “shopping list” for the Mossie in particular and warbirds generally

I looked at the Honeycomb as well, but while I admit I'd love to have one, the size (my controls are all chair mounted) and expense had me look elsewhere.

Settled on (2) Saitek Pro Flight Quadrants mounted together on a 3D printed mount (found the mount on ebay).

20210307_173829.jpg

20210815_112420.jpg

Edited by Hartsblade
My son was climbing on my lap and hit send
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

On 8/15/2021 at 4:34 PM, Hartsblade said:

Settled on (2) Saitek Pro Flight Quadrants mounted together on a 3D printed mount (found the mount on ebay).

Ah!! Love the setup. Ive been pondering over how to manage the RPM/throttle axis for the Mossie, given I just have the Virpil T-50CM2, but want 4 axis, 2 for each engine should I need to adjust each engine individually due to combat damage, but not having to spend well into 3 figure sums for a 4 axis quadrant. The Saitek quadrants might do the job nicely :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roadsweeper said:

Ah!! Love the setup. Ive been pondering over how to manage the RPM/throttle axis for the Mossie, given I just have the Virpil T-50CM2, but want 4 axis, 2 for each engine should I need to adjust each engine individually due to combat damage, but not having to spend well into 3 figure sums for a 4 axis quadrant. The Saitek quadrants might do the job nicely 🙂

Thanks, glad to help.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | Asus TUFF nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero | 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 RAM | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Virpil MT-50 CM2 Throttle | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD base |  Virpil Ace 1 Rudder Pedals | Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant (x2) |Acer x34 P 3440 x 1440 | Valve Index VR | DCS on NVME

On 8/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, rkk01 said:

It’s absolutely stunning. Best throttle I ever bought.   Easy to setup and swap around for different aircraft, and in my opinion will be absolutely perfect for multi engined prop aircraft like the Mossie. 

highly recommended if you can find it in stock.

E248F30F-536D-477C-89E2-36A2AA534348.jpeg

188856F6-3A74-4865-A6FC-2B45D0912FCB.jpeg

Edited by Cowboy10uk
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Actually,as we're discussing Axis,I would love to see the Bomb Doors,Undercarriage and Flaps given their own Axis just like the real aircraft (see pic below) taken from the new DCS Mosquito cockpit.

There is nothing worse than just flicking a switch on/off to activate these very important controls,take the bomb doors for instance,pulling the lever down on an axis is far better for immersion......my two pennies worth anyway.

Not having enough Axis controls would'nt be a problem to me I've got more than enough (see bottom pic) my cockpit,I moved my seat out of the way so the controls are more visible.

cwGeO26.jpg

HlCCu9D.jpg

Edited by Basco1

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

(Counter request for combined axis mapping for the majority of players who only have 2~3 available axes on their HOTAS)

Genius idea for putting your throttle on the computer case itself. I should have done that instead of using a dinky folding chair. 

Edited by Nealius

i touch mixture lever 2 times, when i starting up engine and when i shuting it down :), too much attention to thing which is barely used. I will be glad with key assigns like every other warbird.

1 hour ago, grafspee said:

i touch mixture lever 2 times, when i starting up engine and when i shuting it down :), too much attention to thing which is barely used. I will be glad with key assigns like every other warbird.

I'm not too fussed about an axis for the mixture control either. 

What I would like options for is the prop pitch. I have a Warthog throttle and use the slider axis for the prop pitch control in the Spitfire which works great. But we will have two prop pitch control levers in the Mosquito, so there lies my problem. I hope ED implement some way of being able to control either the right or left or both levers at the same time with just one axis.

Edited by bart
  • Like 2

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

@bart we have already similar option for jets where you can use single axis to control both throttle in f-18 for example, i assume that ED will provide this kind of option for multiple prop levers 🙂 

3 hours ago, grafspee said:

@bart we have already similar option for jets where you can use single axis to control both throttle in f-18 for example, i assume that ED will provide this kind of option for multiple prop levers 🙂 

I didn't know this. I've got the F18 but obviously use both warthog throttles for their respective engines, so never had the need to look further for other options. Is there a modifier so you can control the right or left engine individually with the same axis, then both at the same time when required?

It's this modifier for the single axis control we will desperately need on the Mosquito for prop pitch imho. In normal flight have the single axis set to control both left and right prop pitch (RPM), then if one engine gets hit, use the modifier to switch axis control to the good engine only, and shut down then feather the damaged one. I think after having a quick flick through the pilots notes for a Mosquito (but not 100% sure as it was quick!) that the feather control is a push/pull button on the dash. Anyway I hope they have a modifier in place for this axis...

Edited by bart

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

@bart It is separate input called "throttle" or "thrust" cant remember, if you assign to this, both throttles in f-18 will move.

Edited by grafspee

Prop pitch is the main issue. Keybinds/buttons do not allow for fine control of levers. L/R Prop pitch levers need to be manipulated separately because of prop sync at startup (if I understand that correctly) or when there's engine troubles like battle damage. L/R throttles also have to be manipulated separate to deal with lack of rudder effectiveness and torque on takeoff, and perhaps even taxi. A modifier isn't feasible, as when you press the modifer the throttle or pitch lever will snap to whatever the unmodified position was. That basically requires four axes....

Edited by Nealius

2 hours ago, bart said:

I didn't know this. I've got the F18 but obviously use both warthog throttles for their respective engines, so never had the need to look further for other options. Is there a modifier so you can control the right or left engine individually with the same axis, then both at the same time when required?

It's this modifier for the single axis control we will desperately need on the Mosquito for prop pitch imho. In normal flight have the single axis set to control both left and right prop pitch (RPM), then if one engine gets hit, use the modifier to switch axis control to the good engine only, and shut down then feather the damaged one. I think after having a quick flick through the pilots notes for a Mosquito (but not 100% sure as it was quick!) that the feather control is a push/pull button on the dash. Anyway I hope they have a modifier in place for this axis...

If the Mossie is properly modeled, you will beg them for separate Prop RPM axes so you can properly synchronize the RPM to get rid of the pounding WAH-WAH-WAH sound of unsynchronized engines.

This also happens in multiengine jets to a lesser but very noticeable degree.

Edited by =475FG= Dawger
  • Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

1 hour ago, =475FG= Dawger said:

If the Mossie is properly modeled, you will beg them for separate Prop RPM axes so you can properly synchronize the RPM to get rid of the pounding WAH-WAH-WAH sound of unsynchronized engines.

This also happens in multiengine jets to a lesser but very noticeable degree.

I hope that it would be as a on/off feature in special tab section, most ppl don't have so many axis available to assign everything to axis.