Assisted start jester gets to a point then just stops

PSYKOnz

I’ve had this a few times in the zone 5 campaign, doing a assisted start with jester things go great then we get to a point when he just stops, he doesn’t do anything, you check for the last thing then thats it, you end up with the only options to “check” or “abort start” I thought he might be doing something back there so I left it, nope after 20 min nothing changes, no options to do ins or anything. Just stuck. Have restart the mission and do an auto start (bye bye immersion) to get it to work. 

anyone else had this isssue?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Like I said I’ve had it twice, only done startups on the campaign, I’ll do some tests this week and see if it’s related to the zone 5 campaign or if it’s something else. 

might be something im doing wrong maybe?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

If you did it a few times you know the procedure. After starting it's just clicking and confirming "check". Is it always the same part where it stops? There are a few errors like wrong radio settings for pilot or secondary engine mode not applicable to the A but these do not break the procedure. Some test switch and emergency wing sweep lever operations are probably omitted or in wrong order - I had to do it myself.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I think I experienced this or something similar a few nights ago.  I had spawned on the SC, had made it not terribly far into the alignment and was head-down in the cockpit doing start up things.  I heard a loud bang, looked up and saw that another player had spawned beside me.  I didn't see any obvious damage and didn't give it another thought for a few minutes.  I flipped the TID switch so I could follow the alignment process and noticed that instead of the "ASH" message, there was another acronym in it's place and the alignment did not seem to be progressing.  It would appear that although my aircraft was otherwise physically fine, the gentle nudge given by another aircraft spawning next to me was enough to break the alignment process.

I wonder whether you're having another aircraft damage you when you or they spawn?

2 minutes ago, Biggus said:

I wonder whether you're having another aircraft damage you when you or they spawn?

In single player campaign on Nellis? No.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria