BRU57 Mixed load

desertowl

Well, it is explicitly written in the product brochure:

"BRU-57/A supports various weapons on a single unit and asymmetric loading on the aircraft."

It is also backed by the BRU57 System Performance Specification - from the SMS point of view, these are two independent MIL-STD-1760 stations.

I do not, however, have any information regrading whether such configurations were available on the F16CM block 50 circa 2007 

l3harris-bru-57-sell-sheet-sas.pdf

5 hours ago, desertowl said:

Well, it is explicitly written in the product brochure:

"BRU-57/A supports various weapons on a single unit and asymmetric loading on the aircraft."

It is also backed by the BRU57 System Performance Specification - from the SMS point of view, these are two independent MIL-STD-1760 stations.

I do not, however, have any information regrading whether such configurations were available on the F16CM block 50 circa 2007 

l3harris-bru-57-sell-sheet-sas.pdf 934.34 kB · 8 downloads

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

Yeah thats the trick, knowing if it was used on the one we are modelling. 

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the “asymmetrical load” is being able to load a GBU-54 and a GBU-38. They are kind of the same bomb but not fully of course. It’s the same on the F-15E, where they can be mixed and matched on a CFT. Being able to load say a JSOW and GBU sounds illogical and is something I’ve never ever seen, to not get started about potential clearance/separation issues

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, desertowl said:

I have seen photos of 54 and 38 mixed loads and I don't see any reason for 103 and 105 on the same rack. Didn't see any evidence of JSOW with CBU or JDAM up until now. 

This has nothing to do with what is reasonable, what NineLine is saying is if our specific variant of the F-16 has software capable of accepting such loadouts.

• 1 month later...