Intermittent Datalink Air Picture on Marianas Map

Dawgboy

Open Beta, v2.7.4, just before the 11 Aug 2021 update.

We have mod'd the canned Viper sight-seeing mission.  We put tankers and E3 on it; however, we see these sporadic issues:

• The AWACS system tracks are only sporadically available, as well as the Hornet's ability to pick up the tankers and friendly aircraft.
  • When the AWACS doesn't show the tankers, when you call or look for tankers, E3 says unavailable. 
  • The tankers say they are unavailable for refueling.
  • System tracks shared among the friendly fighters are only intermittently available, even tho you are flying next to them (Hornet, Harrier, Viper, AWACS, Tanker, etc.), so we don't think it's a line-of-sight problem.
  • At other times during the mission, everything runs normally, and we see each other, with AWACS providing tanker vectors, etc., normally.
  • AWACS and Tankers are set up the same as on our Syrian map missions, although I can't rule out my idiocy with the ME and adding these aircraft.  MIZ file enclosed.

Before I go into a bunch of research, would any potential linkages among the aircraft and map/terrain cause this?  Anybody else see the same?  

Thanks in advance.

db

F-16C&18_MAR_IA_Hot Start.miz

Edited by Dawgboy
  • Like 1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice that members of your flight are not showing up in the HSD, but only while in MP on Marianas map?  I do see AWACS and Tankers etc, but not members of my own flight.  This issue doesn't happen on any other map. 

• Like 1

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

2 hours ago, Invisibull said:

Anyone else notice that members of your flight are not showing up in the HSD, but only while in MP on Marianas map?  I do see AWACS and Tankers etc, but not members of my own flight.  This issue doesn't happen on any other map. 

Yes, sir.  Check this thread.

• Like 1

Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // VKB STECS Mini Plus Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

6 hours ago, Rufuz64 said:

Same Problem here. Training with 5 players F/A-18 on Marianas, human players did not show on HMD.

If you had them included, did you also notice sporadic drops in support aircraft (tanker, AWACS, etc.) on SA pages?  TIA!

@BIGNEWYDid a bit of testing, spawned just 2 blue FA-18Cs, 1 E-2D.

When my wingman is AI I can see him on the helmet every time.

When my wingman is client I cannot see him at all, or he shows up as "FA18" (AWACS detecting him, but he is not showing inside fighter-to-fighter datalink group)

• Thanks 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

• 5 months later...

HI @[ED]Obiyesterday we played an MP mission here and everything that OP mentioned happened again plus TACAN issues (this is everywhere).

Also some clients (including myself) experienced big black squares into the cockpit.

Mission was standard without scripts nor mod. Since the mission lasted 3 hours I don't see the point on a track but here is the miz file If you are willing to check.

Also, to clarify, we playe once a month in Marianas and this always happens.

Thank you.

REMOTE_BASE_LOS_MAGIOS_26-02.miz

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone. Is there any projection on when will this bug be analyzed? This is almost a year old.....can't do lots of missions because of this.

There is a new report in the F18 forum: 

Thanks.

Edited by Demiurgo

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Demiurgo said:

Hi everyone. Is there any projection on when will this bug be analyzed? This is almost a year old.....can't do lots of missions because of this.

There is a new report in the F18 forum: 

Thanks.

we are currently investigating the above report, I can not give you any time line sorry

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2