My experience with 'Jeff'

ReyCandy

(First of all sorry for my English)

I think that in these forums there's not only room for criticisms and requests but also praise a product with an honest opinion.

I must be honest. When the JF-17 was release (in beta) I didn't buy it. I had my reluctance. The cabin seemed very ugly to me, I hardly knew the plane and, despite all the good things that were said out there about how good it was and how finished it had been since day one, I didn't buy it.
It has always tempted me due to the very good reviews from the community, from YT videos and other sources but I didn't decide to buy it.

Now that we can test the modules for 14 days I decided to give the JF-17 an opportunity, (or 'Jeff' as he's called by the English speaking community), and I must say that I was impressed. I loved its handling, its weapon system, its ease of learning ... and how well it all works. It's modern and complex but easy at the same time. Except on carrier operations, you can do everything with it. The cockpit textures are now very good (I know that the texture's programmer was sick) but I know that for many players the appearance of the cockpit has been a negative point to not purchasing the product. It's not really one of the prettiest cockpits I've seen, but the real plane is like that and the 'glass cockpit' planes aren't as pretty and intimidating as a mig-21, so you have to get used to handling cleaner cockpits from buttons and switches.

I must also praise Deka Ironworks (I'm not a 'fanboy', I've already said at the beginning that I was not particularly fast buying it) but a product must be launched as they have done: almost finished. Now, with more polished elements, it's a jewel.

This is my experience and I wanted to share it with everyone who is undecided, have no doubts. Try it and expend time to it in these 14 days to see for yourself how fun it's. That it does not happen to you like me, that I was away for a long time from an aircraft that today is my favorite.

• Like 6

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

In the spotlight: Mirage F1 | Syria        🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf

52 minutes ago, ReyCandy said:

Except on carrier operations, you can do everything with it.

Uhm, you can do carrier operations with it... If flown corretly... It has a drag chute and with the right technique, it can land on any carrier. Its also can takeoff from them with a 100% loadout like shown in this video that I made.

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 3

My skins

hace 1 hora, Mike_Romeo dijo:

Uhm, puedes hacer operaciones de portaaviones con él ... Si vuela correctamente ... Tiene un tobogán de arrastre y con la técnica correcta, puede aterrizar en cualquier portaaviones. También puede despegar de ellos con un 100% de carga como se muestra en este video que hice.

Very interesting!

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

hace 2 horas, paco2002 dijo:

El pobre Flight Control System del avión tiene que estar flipando al ver que esta haciendo un sky jump JJAJAAJA

Of course. I have seen videos of carrier operations with the JF-17 ...you can, but just as you can land on top of a dam.

Desde luego. He visto vídeos de apontaje en portaaviones con el JF-17... como poder se puede, pero igual que se puede aterrizar en la cima de una presa.

• Like 1