Where is the JF-17 official manual? I can only find a chuck's guide.

Napillo

Go to .\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\JF-17\Doc and you will find the manuals there

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier

Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

3 hours ago, Maxthrust said:

it is a new low introduced by the early access quality standards.

Have you actually flown the aircraft? The lack of a proper manual is a certainly a glaring omission but the actual aircraft is one of the most complete modules out there just as it was when it was first released. Calling this a low is just... ignorant?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mustang25 said:

...  the actual aircraft is one of the most complete modules out there just as it was when it was first released. Calling this a low is just... ignorant?

since the thread is about the manual, and not of how complete the aircraft is, then its slim documentation is indeed a low point ...

it can be disregarded when first released, but after more than two years with no proper manual, it’s a real detriment on an otherwise excellent aircraft. 

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Napillo said:

that's just a quick guide, not a manual, and it's very slopshod.

Unfortunately it is all there is at the moment.

• Like 1

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier

Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

14 hours ago, Napillo said:

that's just a quick guide, not a manual, and it's very slopshod.

The complete manual is still under developement, there have been couple issues with the team (health issues IIRC), So yes, we are all in the same ship, but I can live with it, and I would love to have a complete manual as much as you

since the thread is about the manual, and not of how complete the aircraft is, then its slim documentation is indeed a low point ...

it can be disregarded when first released, but after more than two years with no proper manual, it’s a real detriment on an otherwise excellent aircraft. 
in the same vein, it took the excellent training missions created by one Mr Rudel_Chw for the J-17 for me to discover the true form and great work Deka did on the J-17.
The training mission that came with the module without a voice-over did not do well introducing me to the aircraft.

So yes, it is about time a detailed documentation be done on this beautiful modern aircraft in dcs. .

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Intel i5 7600k @3.8Ghz|Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3000mhz|Gigabyte Z270 HD3|Thrustmaster Flightstick| T-16000M Throttle| Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

On 8/11/2021 at 8:39 PM, Mustang25 said:

Have you actually flown the aircraft? The lack of a proper manual is a certainly a glaring omission but the actual aircraft is one of the most complete modules out there just as it was when it was first released. Calling this a low is just... ignorant?

Yes I did. It's a gem waiting for me when they finish it. Since I don't have a lot of free time or any interest to F-16/18, I am focusing on the quality of experience here. So, no early access for me--I like older jets anyway..

Edited by Maxthrust

On 8/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, Maxthrust said:

Yes I did. It's a gem waiting for me when they finish it. Since I don't have a lot of free time or any interest to F-16/18, I am focusing on the quality of experience here. So, no early access for me--I like older jets anyway..

The JF is like 90%+ done, you would have a ton of fun flying with it as is right now. 

• Like 2

JF-17 in actual state is a release of any other... Don't wait and enjoy it now. You will not regret.

• Like 1

Owned sorted by use: JF-17 | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-5E | FC3 | L-39 | Su-25T | M-2000C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C | T-45 | C-130

In the spotlight: Eurofighter | Syria | F-16C | Mig-29A | Mi-8MTV2 | Mirage F1                     🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf  

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately Deka just said on their Chinese social media, that the radar AG mode is fixed through crazily great efforts and they are pushing on the manual update. I don't know to what extent the radar function is fixed ,or their exact progress on the manual, but this is surely good news anyway.