Where is the JF-17 official manual? I can only find a chuck's guide.

Napillo

Go to .\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\JF-17\Doc and you will find the manuals there

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

3 hours ago, Maxthrust said:

it is a new low introduced by the early access quality standards.

Have you actually flown the aircraft? The lack of a proper manual is a certainly a glaring omission but the actual aircraft is one of the most complete modules out there just as it was when it was first released. Calling this a low is just... ignorant?

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Mustang25 said:

...  the actual aircraft is one of the most complete modules out there just as it was when it was first released. Calling this a low is just... ignorant?

since the thread is about the manual, and not of how complete the aircraft is, then its slim documentation is indeed a low point ...

it can be disregarded when first released, but after more than two years with no proper manual, it’s a real detriment on an otherwise excellent aircraft. 

• Like 11

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Napillo said:

that's just a quick guide, not a manual, and it's very slopshod.

Unfortunately it is all there is at the moment.

• Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

14 hours ago, Napillo said:

that's just a quick guide, not a manual, and it's very slopshod.

The complete manual is still under developement, there have been couple issues with the team (health issues IIRC), So yes, we are all in the same ship, but I can live with it, and I would love to have a complete manual as much as you

since the thread is about the manual, and not of how complete the aircraft is, then its slim documentation is indeed a low point ...

it can be disregarded when first released, but after more than two years with no proper manual, it’s a real detriment on an otherwise excellent aircraft. 
in the same vein, it took the excellent training missions created by one Mr Rudel_Chw for the J-17 for me to discover the true form and great work Deka did on the J-17.
The training mission that came with the module without a voice-over did not do well introducing me to the aircraft.

So yes, it is about time a detailed documentation be done on this beautiful modern aircraft in dcs. .
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

On 8/11/2021 at 8:39 PM, Mustang25 said:

Have you actually flown the aircraft? The lack of a proper manual is a certainly a glaring omission but the actual aircraft is one of the most complete modules out there just as it was when it was first released. Calling this a low is just... ignorant?

Yes I did. It's a gem waiting for me when they finish it. Since I don't have a lot of free time or any interest to F-16/18, I am focusing on the quality of experience here. So, no early access for me--I like older jets anyway..

Edited by Maxthrust

On 8/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, Maxthrust said:

Yes I did. It's a gem waiting for me when they finish it. Since I don't have a lot of free time or any interest to F-16/18, I am focusing on the quality of experience here. So, no early access for me--I like older jets anyway..

The JF is like 90%+ done, you would have a ton of fun flying with it as is right now. 

• Like 2

JF-17 in actual state is a release of any other... Don't wait and enjoy it now. You will not regret.

• Like 1

Owned sorted by use: F-5E | JF-17 | F/A-18C | FC3 | A-10C II | L-39 | M-2000C | New adquisition: F-16C  🔸Mods: A-4E-C

In the spotlight: Mirage F1 | Syria        🔸Terrains: Nevada | Persian Gulf

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately Deka just said on their Chinese social media, that the radar AG mode is fixed through crazily great efforts and they are pushing on the manual update. I don't know to what extent the radar function is fixed ,or their exact progress on the manual, but this is surely good news anyway.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 4 months later...

5 months later...

Still no detailed manual. JF-17 had a great start and is a great module. I hope it doesn't 'finish badly' with the lack of a proper manual and training missions. Yes there is Chuck's. But still....   

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

19 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

5 months later...

Still no detailed manual. JF-17 had a great start and is a great module. I hope it doesn't 'finish badly' with the lack of a proper manual and training missions. Yes there is Chuck's. But still....   

I hope the manual has some information that is currently unknown or new for us that have been flying it a while

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

On 1/13/2022 at 6:51 AM, AeriaGloria said:

I hope the manual has some information that is currently unknown or new for us that have been flying it a while

I think Chuck probably covered most of it but some new 'insider info' would be nice and will add value. Or simply give it a more professional look (like say that of the DCS Hornet Flight Manual) rather than the current 'school report' format.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4

Hi,
developing something 'super cool' is just more appealing than writing such a boring manual... It's no better with the Mi-24, for example. A development that is not to be called good. 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

Hi,
developing something 'super cool' is just more appealing than writing such a boring manual... It's no better with the Mi-24, for example. A development that is not to be called good. 

It’s not about whether it’s appealing work or not. It is about what is owed to paying customers. Manuals are boring if you make it so. Nonetheless in a sim like DCS, they are an essential part of the learning experience. Just imagine if Chuck’s Guides never existed.
  • Like 3

It seems you didn't quite understand the sarcasm in my text. But whatever. I think the bottom line is that we both mean the same thing. And YES, without Chuck's Guide we would be lost... 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 2 weeks later...

Also wonder why we still don't have a manual now. When others ask I just hear "WIP", sometime even in a self-deprecating or joking tone as like that's something you should be proud of.

Human allowed, demon allowed, Deka never allowed.

Distort allowed, provoke allowed, fight back never allowed.

• 3 weeks later...

I think if the people in this thread alone would work on a manual, we'd had it done within a month and 10x better than the actual "piece of paper". It's not even a quick intro guide IMHO.

A wiki page comes to mind. I could set up a small server and people could work on that wiki, texts, screenshots, audios etc. On the other hand, it's not our job as paying customers, so the thought of doing Dekas work annoys me.

And Corona, give me a break... two years now. If I'm not mistaken: Home office is a perfectly safe place to write up a quality PDF file!

Edited by Pocket Kings
typo

1 hour ago, Pocket Kings said:

I think if the people in this thread alone would work on a manual, we'd had it done within a month and 10x better than the actual "piece of paper".

@Charly_Owl has already done that work ... but it seems the OP wants a document written by Deka, no one else.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

seems the OP wants a document written by Deka, no one else.

The issue is that 'Chucks Guide' is not official, I have no reason to believe anything 'Chuck' says because he's not the authority on the DCS JF-17, Deka is. I'd love to have a complete guide, Chuck's isnt complete, though it is good. I paid good money to get the thing, and the lead guy at Deka said there'd be an official manual in interviews. I don't see why I can't expect to get it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 2:52 AM, stoop said:

Possibly the difficulty in producing a good ENGLISH manual that wouldn't get mocked is the issue.

I was thinking the same. From the looks of the current Deka manual, it would be best if they could assign another more suited for the job of documentation. It's not an easy task. Or perhaps they could just review and adopt Chuck's Guide as official and pay him.