MOD resources for new missions needed...please help

I'm trying to build a series of Single Player missions (eventually a campaign if possible) that does NOT involve 'near peer' adversaries; more of insurgents and a small warlord bad guys. Some enemy air defenses will be employed for added enjoyment and to provide some challenge, perhaps some limited enemy older air forces as I go. To this end I need some help in getting resources for the immersion aspect.

Does anyone know of a MOD(s) of general modern civilian static objects such as helicopters-smaller private aircraft, road vehicles? Note: I've seen 'Civil Objects', I'm not looking municipal-airport vehicles or commercial aircraft. Think DC-3/C-47 or smaller for drug runners or black market weapons delivery; static is fine, AI even better.

Does anyone know of a MOD (or method) of static 'terrains' such as grass, roadways, concrete? Ex: How can I build a road to a compound on green grass that might have an asphalt or concrete helipad? Can I make a simple 2D for some of these things with available tools like Adobe Illustrator for colors & textures?

I don't want to complicate things too much initially so I can keep my focus; it's the storyline that is just as important as well as the parameters pilots needs to follow for these covert missions.

Any guidance and/or directions to resources would be appreciated...

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I know there's the French Pack Mod with a couple of awesome technicals.

But, just in case you don't realize it, if you want to make your missions publically available at some point, users will have to also download/install all mods you used in your mission.

I for one, never download user made missions that require mods, because I want to keep my DCS "clean" to prevent errors and bugs.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

because I want to keep my DCS "clean" to prevent errors and bugs.

Even with zero user mods, DCS can still have bugs and errors that affect your missions.

While it’s true that DCS updates can sometimes break user mods, some of them are very stable and are updated by their authors, for example the 476th VG target range, the Civil Aircrafts Mod, Suntsag’s Nato soldiers Mod .. I love the added interest they give to my missions 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Even with zero user mods, DCS can still have bugs and errors that affect your missions.

While it’s true that DCS updates can sometimes break user mods, some of them are very stable and are updated by their authors, for example the 476th VG target range, the Civil Aircrafts Mod, Suntsag’s Nato soldiers Mod .. I love the added interest they give to my missions 🙂

I just wished ED would incorporate them into the DCS core game. I don't like having to download and manage all kinds of individual files (maybe because I'm incapable of keeping my folders tidy 😉)

But I'm going off topic, sorry

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

41 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I don't like having to download and manage all kinds of individual files ..

I use a Mod Manager, it makes the task much easier and safer:

n3kOMU7.jpg

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Posted (edited)

Thanks to both of you for your responses/suggestions. You've got me thinking about what MODS to possibly include (if necessary) and their availability. I understand the reluctance of some in loading up MODS and the consequences that might be involved. A couple quick questions:

* Rudel_chw - I see the Civil Aircrafts Mod v0.081.7, does it contain any smaller aircraft or are they all commercial? If YES, can you point me to a d/l location? 

* sirrah - you certainly are not off topic, would be great if ED could/would include more in the core product for us that want to increase interests in creating missions. It would also be nice if there was a better method to organize, catalog and display all this in the mission editor by era, by country, by armed/unarmed, etc.

Either of you know of a simple standalone viewer for EDM files so one could efficiently look thru a directory to find an object? Not looking to edit the EDM, just get a view of it with textures.

Thanks again,

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

24 minutes ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Rudel_chw - I see the Civil Aircrafts Mod v0.081.7, does it contain any smaller aircraft or are they all commercial? If YES, can you point me to a d/l location? 

yes: https://cam.em-key.de

the only light aircraft it includes is the Cessna 210. Here is a video where it appears:

24 minutes ago, AvgWhiteGuy said:

Either of you know of a simple standalone viewer for EDM files so one could efficiently look thru a directory to find an object? Not looking to edit the EDM, just get a view of it with textures.

On the bin folder of DCS there is an utility called ModelViewer2 .. give it a try.

Edited by Rudel_chw