Helicopters Tournament 14

Alpenwolf

2 hours ago, Uragx said:

You really suppose it is enogh...

So - welcom to the first ever competition ov the videocards in DCS!

Same thing with Syria. Some players can afford to fly it, others can't. Some maps and mission settings are suitable for VR users, others aren't, and so on. It has nothing to do with some sort of a competition of video cards. I don't know what the whole fuss is about from your side, mate.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Hueys with miniguns kills FPS like hell. But Mariana for us with VR is not good. I should move from 1080ti to 3090 but graphic cards are still ridicules' expensive.

But without VR, I have ALOT of FPS to spend 😄

Edited by Tolovay

14 часов назад, Alpenwolf сказал:

Same thing with Syria. Some players can afford to fly it, others can't. Some maps and mission settings are suitable for VR users, others aren't, and so on. It has nothing to do with some sort of a competition of video cards. I don't know what the whole fuss is about from your side, mate.

Does it?
Some people can drive McLaren Speedtail and the whole lot cannot.
What do you really want: to check the helicopters and their "drivers" or the performance of the computers? This "whole fuss" is stricktly about this, mate. 

Chopper pilots make History, man. Jetfighters - make movies... ©

1 час назад, LoneS сказал:

Damn I'm not going to be around the house next weekend 😞

was waiting for the round to finally go official.

Uragx if you can't afford it then you're just one of many people who cant....

should we only play in Caucasus all the time?

The reason is not in a specific terrain, but in the fact that there are a lot of objects in the proposed mission.

2-я Боевая Авиа Группа|Ютуб |

Asus p8h67 v3.0 rev B3 | Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 gHz | RAM Kingston DDR3 20GB | Palit GTX 670 Jet Stream 2GB (:(умерла)| Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8Gb | 1920x1080 | РУС - VPC MongoosT-50 Black Edition Flightstick | РУД - Saitek X52 | VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base + VPC SharKa-50 Grip | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR5 + TrackClip pro  

"Клиент вырос, новый клиент тупой, его мало интересует авиация..." (с) Неизвестный весёлый пилот.

4 часа назад, LoneS сказал:

Damn I'm not going to be around the house next weekend 😞

was waiting for the round to finally go official.

Uragx if you can't afford it then you're just one of many people who cant....

should we only play in Caucasus all the time?

That depends on what we want to check.

Chopper pilots make History, man. Jetfighters - make movies... ©

Cancelled!

Just had a word with Maverick and with currently 8 vs 8, the Mariana Islands being not too friendly to many PC's and the mission setup, we've decided to cancel the event. I'll try and design something quickly for the Caucasus map and we'll find a new date once the mission is ready.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

3 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Cancelled!

Just had a word with Maverick and with currently 8 vs 8, the Mariana Islands being not too friendly to many PC's and the mission setup, we've decided to cancel the event. I'll try and design something quickly for the Caucasus map and we'll find a new date once the mission is ready.

Hi can't we use a modified version of the previous event to host at the same time as per schedule

7 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Cancelled!

SW from mountain Elbrus is a place for helicopters. Flat plain terrain is just borring. Not enough challenge . Just like DCS with old, unusable clouds.

6 hours ago, eeVaLDeeVaL said:

Hi can't we use a modified version of the previous event to host at the same time as per schedule

That's a very short notice and we'd hardly get more players, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Tolovay said:

SW from mountain Elbrus is a place for helicopters. Flat plain terrain is just borring. Not enough challenge . Just like DCS with old, unusable clouds.

I'll check it out.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 8/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, Alpenwolf said:

Cancelled!

it's a pity the event is canceled, hopefully next time the map will be more PC friendly.  Thanks

On 8/20/2021 at 1:06 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Cancelled!

Oh noooooooooo!!! 😥

• 2 months later...

Hi, any news of the tournament? With more and more new helis coming to DCS plus new maps, one would think there's a large population looking for fun events like this?

Also is the comms still on SRS, that might limit the pilot pool quite a bit in contrast to more popular platforms like Discord?

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

On 11/20/2021 at 4:46 PM, Varis said:

Hi, any news of the tournament? With more and more new helis coming to DCS plus new maps, one would think there's a large population looking for fun events like this?

Also is the comms still on SRS, that might limit the pilot pool quite a bit in contrast to more popular platforms like Discord?

Was very busy designing new missions and fixing bugs after new patches were added to the game for the Cold War 1947 - 1991 server.
I didn't forget about this, don't worry. Maybe a bit moody to design one. Will do, mate. No worries.

It's SRS and/or TS actually. It's always been like that and it's been always a success.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 3 months later...

Round 15 will kick off around the end of April or start of May. 104th_Maverick will be as usual the commentator and official streamer of the event and he should have more free time by then.

• Like 3

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments