Did the Sabre gunsight get dirty?

Squiffy

Is it just me or did the Sabre gunsight get dirty in recent updates? Or is it the clouds? I think not because when I flew the overhead and taxied back after landing I really noticed no difference, other than the fact that lining up on final approach was annoying, because the airfield was somehow offended at my historical kill ratio and decided to make my gunsight greasy and dirty. I think this was true throughout the whole mission. All this while the pipper, muzzle velocity, and barrel warp are still out of whack. Really? You have time for silly graphics that are actually annoying but can't fix a simple. lua issue? Yeah, I know I'm ranting, but talk me down from this one. I am ready to jump out of a perfectly good airplane 😉 

Kiss my 38th parallel 😄 haha.

Screen_210805_232727.png

Before...

Screen_190419_182459.png

Edited by Squiffy
add before photo
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Yes, and it may just be that the new clouds option is causing the low light reflection of the projector to overwhelm the horizon outside the cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

I don't think clouds themselves have anything to do with it. Release of 2.7 brought numerous changes in lighting and shading of the game in general, some of the older cockpits were not updated to work correctly with new gfx features and we see various pit texture issues in many modules, ex-Belsimtek ones being affected the most. Mi-8 is the worst offender, but Sabre might be affected as well.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Wow that was helpful thanks. I will stay with the aircraft and NOT declare an emergency. 😎

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]