F16 and F18 Throttle is full forward, when I first appear in Jets, and without brakes on, it is awful

ctguy1955

I just do not know how to fix this problem.   Could someone please give Me advice as to what to do to get
rid of the throttle being full afterburner when I start up ?   Thanks for Your help

Edited by ctguy1955

• ctguy1955 changed the title to F16 and F18 Throttle is full forward, when I first appear in Jets, and without brakes on, it is awful
  • ED Team

check you are not using synchronise hotas at start, and check your physical throttle positions. 

Also check you dont have any double axis set for the same input. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You could try to clear all bindings in axis category for each controller listed. Even if they would not show any bindings.

I have had this issue with Thrustmaster Cougar MFD button panels. Even though they do not have any axes, they were messing up my roll axis in multiple planes. The issue was resolved by clearing the axis category for this controller. Even though there was no binding listed to start with.

Edited by UncleZam

On 8/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, BIGNEWY said:

check you are not using synchronise hotas at start.

This... because there's a little bug in the synchronise hotas at start option, it somehow remembers your last input setting before quiting the game.

So putting everything back at center/aft positions "before" entering DCS doesn't always help. Once ingame touching one of the axis is enough to reset every axis to the current position solving your problem.

Best is to remove the sync hotas option.

Edited by Lange_666
  • Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Is the throttle axis possibly reversed?

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

18 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

This... because there's a little bug in the synchronise hotas at start option, it somehow remembers your last setting before quiting the game.

Thanks for this!  I've been having inconsistent problems with my gear switch that was driving me nuts.  I wasn't getting a consistent problem or a consistent reason even when I changed how I had it assigned.  I think this might explain it.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:04 AM, Lange_666 said:

This... because there's a little bug in the synchronise hotas at start option, it somehow remembers your last input setting before quiting the game.

So putting everything back at center/aft positions "before" entering DCS doesn't always help.

I'll try to reproduce this issue. Thanks for the insight.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I don't know if it happens all the time but synchronizing HOTAS at start gave me sometimes axis input problems when entering the cockpit.

It was always... WFT... brakes still at full when not pressed, throttle still active when throttle is on idle... unticking the syncro option solved this.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 6 months later...

I always had this with TM HOTAS X (DCS 1.5 and 2.5) and then TM T16000M + TWCS (DCS 2.5 and 2.7). The only solution I have is to touch any input on both devices before starting the mission - it's my habit now. If I don't do it - in the first mission in session DCS has all the sliders wrong and independent of the hardware position. That means full throttle, full brakes, extended flaps etc. and if it was airstart things break in aircraft, if it was hotstart you start taxi with full power straight ahead, things like that.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I tried that with my TM Warthog. I left the throttle at min position, started the game, ran a mission and waited. Maybe it has to do with the T.16000M? That would be weird. Maybe there's another setting going against HOTAS sync.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.