Question about M2000 versions

Niccii

Hello everyone ! 

I bought your brilliant Mirage 2000 and i have some questions concerning your futur development about it.

=> I  saw it's the C version for grounds attack and air superiority but i saw some people talked about the "2000-5" version you could develop.

I think your "C" version is a mix of some version of the existing plane , taking some elements from each release.

My question is : Will you add armaments like :

- MICA 

- Apache

- SCALP

- Exocet 

?

Thank you ☺️

Il 5/8/2021 at 22:16, Niccii ha scritto:

Hello everyone ! 

I bought your brilliant Mirage 2000 and i have some questions concerning your futur development about it.

=> I  saw it's the C version for grounds attack and air superiority but i saw some people talked about the "2000-5" version you could develop.

I think your "C" version is a mix of some version of the existing plane , taking some elements from each release.

- MICA 

- Apache

- SCALP

- Exocet 

?

Thank you ☺️

I'm sorry but you're talking nonsense.

The 2000C developed by Razbam is true to its real counterpart, with all its limitations.

What you are proposing, though, is a mix of more variants since the MICA is, for instance, only operated by the 2000-5, that can only use Air to Air weapons so it cannot use the SCALP or the Exocet for instance.

And by the way, Razbam said plenty of times that no other variants are planned.

Edited by =36=Witcher

58 minutes ago, =36=Witcher said:

AFAIK the initial DCS Mirage 2000 release had a mix RDI, RDM and Mirage 2000 D elements, this wasn't so much by design, as the difficulty in getting solid information of what the M 2000C RDI did/did not have.

The French AdA was significantly impressed with what Razbam had achieved, that they saw an opportunity to work with Razbam and use DCS a training aid.

With the addition of DCS's 2.5.x ground radar and detailed SME information from the AdA, Razbam are fixing errors and updating the DCS Mirage 2000C to represent a older M2000C as operated today by the Armée de l'Air, Escadron de Chasse 2-5 Ile de France (a training squadron) i.e. with a more modern VHF/UHF radio, NVG filters fitted to the instrument lighting, realistic radar modelling, etc., etc.

1 hour ago, Niccii said:

- MICA 

- Apache

- SCALP

- Exocet 

?

It's been a FAQ this last year - AFAIK the short answer, is NO and not as part of the current module.

Razbam's current focus is to finish their existing modules (M-2000C, AV-8B N/A and MiG-19) and later work on their "planned" F-15E, MiG-23ML, Pucara and BO-105 projects.

Comment

Long answer is "perhaps" if Razbam ever get the opportunity to create a Mirage 2000-5 module for the AdA i.e. distant future, there are no current plans.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Yep, the current module is hardcore Mirage 2000C RDI S5 from French Air Force, despite some export skins paint for gameplay.
The included weapons have been in use or at least certified at one point or another of the career of the type in French Air Force.

The French Mirage 2000-5F can only use Mica EM, Mica IR and previously Magic 2.

Export variants are tailored for customers requests with more weapons options (like Mica and SCALP for Greek Mirage 2000-5MK2 and even more options on U.A.E. Mirage 2000-9).
The Greek Mirage 2000 EGM can use Exocet with RDM radar.
But these export variants have never been marketed.

So far only Mirage 2000C RDI with weapons used in French Air Force.

Edited by jojo
  • Like 2

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

As a matter of fact.  I also think the Mirage is great, it has a good average range of functions for me.  I would have liked a little more A / G armament, but now I'm so satisfied.  It's nice to use a European plane.  We also used Mirage in Switzerland, but not the M2k.

• Like 2

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme