HP G2 pushing out updated cables

Burt

I noticed last night when I was done flying and about to shut down is that when I hit the new power button the headset light didn’t go off. I was in a hurry so I just shut my rig down. I was wondering if ya gotta hold the button down for a few seconds to get the HP light to turn off. Will test again this evening. 

Edited by Burt

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

1 hour ago, Burt said:

I noticed last night when I was done flying and about to shut down is that when I hit the new power button the headset light didn’t go off. I was in a hurry so I just shut my rig down. I was wondering if ya gotta hold the button down for a few seconds to get the HP light to turn off. Will test again this evening. 

About 3 seconds

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Rgr confirmed got home from work went straight for my rig and booted it up got a beer came back held button down for 3 second and HP light powered off. 

Thank Sr.  !

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Thanks for posting this information... I came across it yesterday afternoon.  I have a Crosshair Dark Hero motherboard and Ryzen 5950X, so I've constantly had these problems.

I called in to HP yesterday and managed to get a new cable sent to me, but only after being redirected to different support departments SEVEN times.

When I finally got the right person, I took down the department name and phone number, so if any of you haven't called yet:

Workstations Team

(800) 334-5144

• Thanks 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

My cable is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I could live with it as it was, but if this eliminates some of the random crashes and allows me to use the native usb c port without the usb adapter, it will be worth the wait and money. It is a shame I had to pay for something that it should have had from original delivery. The price I pay for being an early adopter. Right now, you get the G2 for at least $150 cheaper and it will come with the new cable or will get it upgraded for free. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 8/4/2021 at 12:33 AM, unlikely_spider said:

It would be nice if the cable was smoother. The existing cable sticks to everything 😋

There's a fix to that... just apply some baby powder with a cloth and it will get smooth. Here's a video of someone who did just that, in German though (translated subtitles seem to be halfway OK):

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I got my cable yesterday. It now works with my MB’s built in USB C port.

I’ll have to get more flight time in to see if it fixes the audio and USB disconnects. I can say that it seems to have an easier time centering my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

That’s great !

Start Date April 2020 

I got the new cable today. I have an MSI X570 board and previously I had been able to use one usb 3.0 port on the back but with some audio drop out issues, so I swapped the G2 to a front USB 3.0 port on my case and it was a bit more stable.  Now with the new version of the cable I can just use the USB C port on my mb and after flying around for 90 minutes I had no issues. 

Registered my headset after creating a hp account on Canada hp support site. put in my serial number located on a sticker in the faceplate begins 8CC and is very small. Then I hit the chat with HP support typed in the box I had a AMD motherboard and had to buy a usb expansion card to use the headset.  Got a rep in chat they asked me to confirm my address and my serial number. He asked if I tried unplugging it and replunging it in. I told him yes that's why I bought the expansion USB  card. They apologized for me having to do that. Told me they would ship me the new cable. That was it took 10 min didn't have to voice talk with anyone. 5 hours later I got a email with my tracking number great job by HP.

also I had bought my G2 on ebay not through a store.

• Like 1

Flight Rig: Ryzen 7 5800X; 32 Gig DDR4 3600; Focus 1000W; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 TI OC Edition; Corsair 500D Airflow VR: HP Reverb G2

Gaming Rig: Ryzen 9 3900X; 32 Gig DDR4 3000; Gigabyte 3070 TI OC Edition; Phanteks Eclipse P400

1 hour ago, Ghostman said:

Registered my headset after creating a hp account on Canada hp support site. put in my serial number located on a sticker in the faceplate begins 8CC and is very small. Then I hit the chat with HP support typed in the box I had a AMD motherboard and had to buy a usb expansion card to use the headset.  Got a rep in chat they asked me to confirm my address and my serial number. He asked if I tried unplugging it and replunging it in. I told him yes that's why I bought the expansion USB  card. They apologized for me having to do that. Told me they would ship me the new cable. That was it took 10 min didn't have to voice talk with anyone. 5 hours later I got a email with my tracking number great job by HP.

:thumbup:

Nice to hear good support stories like that - kudos to HP.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

There seems to be no option to contact here in the UK////

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, C3PO said:

There seems to be no option to contact here in the UK////

C3PO. I live in the UK. I have the contact details/phone number in work and will post them for you tomorrow.

I logged the call with HP on Friday and got the replacement cable today.

Further to what previous (maybe USA based) members have said, HP (UK) have emailed me and sent returns labels and instructions in the box with the cable stating that I must return the original within 5 days.

Regards

• Like 1

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

In the G2 box there is paperwork that came with the product there is a sheet with several support numbers. May have to call one of them to get to your region.

• Like 1

Start Date April 2020 

Thank you both!

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, parxuk said:

......I logged the call with HP on Friday and got the replacement cable today.

You were lucky.... my G2 has been faultless for 8 months till about 5 days ago.... now it is virtually impossible to get a connection on whatever USB3... dropping freq to auto from 90Hz sometimes works.... Registered it as a warranty fault - HP believe a new type cable may help - me I'm not so sure but time will tell... anyway email Friday past, HP are out of stock on the cable, at least UK that is......

SIGBLOCK.png

3 hours ago, Gizzy said:

You were lucky.... my G2 has been faultless for 8 months till about 5 days ago.... now it is virtually impossible to get a connection on whatever USB3... dropping freq to auto from 90Hz sometimes works.... Registered it as a warranty fault - HP believe a new type cable may help - me I'm not so sure but time will tell... anyway email Friday past, HP are out of stock on the cable, at least UK that is......

They told me they were out of stock too, and I still got the cable two days later. Hopefully that will happen to you as well. The US not the UK, in my case.

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:14 AM, Ghostman said:

You got lucky, the HP rep I chatted with was great about setting me up for a new cable, however I got an email a few days later from HP Order Verification. They need a pic of the serial number and proof of purchase otherwise my order is cancelled.

9 hours ago, C3PO said:

Thank you both!

C3PO - I called 0207 660 0403 (Monday - Friday 08:00 - 18:00) and once I discussed the reason for my call, I was transfered to the VR Headset Team. Very helpfull chap who requested the serial number and within a 5 minute chat it was all sorted.

Gizzy - i was also told (verbally and via email) that the cable was out of stock, but it still arrived (from the Netherlands) within 4 days including a weekend. Fingers crossed it will arrive soon.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

I don't understand...my customer service experiences with HP have all been dreadful. I've been on the phone with them for 45 minutes now and been transferred to five...that's FIVE different departments trying to get this simple replacement cable. I'm presently on hold for number 6. WTF???

I called the business services number and asked for technical support. Only had to deal with one person. He asked me a lot of questions, but they were pertinent and I got the cable. The number I called was 800-334-5144. I think I had to ask for business services when I first called. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

23 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I don't understand...my customer service experiences with HP have all been dreadful......

Always been great my end...G1 back 3 times over 2 years and this is the first issue on the G2.... the G1 was a business launch and consequently I always take the business options to contact.... worse wait was about 10 minutes... and all sorted promptly... might be worth always select the business line when calling and let then transfer....

SIGBLOCK.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 3:15 PM, Burt said:

I just got off the phone with HP VR support and wanted to let y’all know that he said that they are wanting to send updated G2 cables out to customers especially AMD users. The new cable and power brick has a switch on it now. Guy was real friendly and very helpful. I am not 100% sure but the new part # from what I gathered is 

M52188-001

If this has already been addressed here sorry. 

I called this support # 1-281-377-1382

i told them I was having issue with audio and troubleshooted that the cable was at fault where the pigtail goes in the little power brick.

Thanks for posting this mate, Just got off the phone with a very helpful HP support person and he said I should expect my new cable tomorrow !

My G2 currently works fine, but only via an external USB3 hub. Doesn't work with ANY USB ports on my x570 mobo. Be interesting to see if this resolves that, and if the preformance is any different.

Thanks again.

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

Your Welcome 👍🏻

Start Date April 2020