What DCS features do you like to see on a future?

Silver_Dragon

More anticipated feature  

239 members have voted

1. 1. what features do you like see released?

• Dynamic Campaign
    • Voice Chat (VC)
    • Vulkan API
    • More Clouds and Weather improvements
    • More Damage Modeling
    • Artificial Intelligence (AI) improvements
    • Airfield Air Traffic Control (ATC)
    • Forward-Looking Infrared (FLIR)
    • More Weapons dynamics
    • New Enhanced AI and funtionality
    • New Map Technology features
    • Multi-threading
    • Air combat improvements
    • Land combat improvements
    • Sea combat improvements
    • New modules (Land / Sea / FPS)
    • CA improvements
    • New Engine / Map building technology
    • Mission editor improvements
    • Other (detail them)

Mostly I'd like AI, performance, and mission editor improvements.

I also selected other because while I'm not directly interested in a fully automatic dynamic campaign generator, I'd very much like specific components of the campaign generator to be available in the ME to speed up, diversify, and improve mission making.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Personally I think AI (including ATC), damage modelling (which to an extent includes weapon dynamics modelling) are all big ticket items that are basically ubiquitous, DCS wide.

The only thing I'd also add is more coherent experience, which is something brought up in this thread.

A dynamic campaign would be fantastic, and if it's as good as the one in the other F-16 sim, I'm all for it, but I think at the moment it's completely overshadowed by plenty of other issues.

For maps, optimisation is the big thing, but my other main wish is for them is to be more accurate, though this discussion is really for another thread.

I would love to death to have higher fidelity ground and naval combat, with higher fidelity units, more functionality, all of that, but right now I just don't see any of them happening any time soon.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Quite a difficult poll..

If New "Map Technology features" and "New Engine / Map building technology" aid in performance improvement; then yes, those as well.

If these only add to nice visuals/graphics; sure cool, but performance optimization first please 😉 

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

Quite a difficult poll..

If New "Map Technology features" and "New Engine / Map building technology" aid in performance improvement; then yes, those as well.

If these only add to nice visuals/graphics; sure cool, but performance optimization first please 😉 

i agree. "bad" polls are my nemesis. unfortunately you often find them on these forums or reddit.

since vulkan and multi-threading are seperate entries, i skipped "map building technology". if you vote for everything, you vote for nothing;)

1 hour ago, Exorcet said:

[...] while I'm not directly interested in a fully automatic dynamic campaign generator, I'd very much like specific components of the campaign generator to be available in the ME to speed up, diversify, and improve mission making.

i totally agree. while i'd definitely try out a proper dynamic campaign, i'm even more interested in building my own "dynamic missions", where some tools from the "dynamic campaign toolbox" would hopefully help me in archiving a more dynamic result with high replayability without a lot of scripting needed...

Edited by twistking

5 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

A "Short" list recompilate the features on progress / planned by ED and others.

It's not a short list and the results so far show how it's hard to interpret a wish list where "all of the above" is an option. You would do better to have a shorter list of higher level items (e.g. "performance improvements," "dynamic campaign") and ask people to pick the one or two that are most wanted.

• Like 2

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

5 minutes ago, sthompson said:

It's not a short list and the results so far show how it's hard to interpret a wish list where "all of the above" is an option. You would do better to have a shorter list of higher level items (e.g. "performance improvements," "dynamic campaign") and ask people to pick the one or two that are most wanted.

I disagree. even if all choices got similar amounts of votes (what I doubt) it would be a valid result.

8 minutes ago, sthompson said:

That has none a "Wishlist", the 75% and more has on develop by ED.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

Atc and flir are vague. What will this "atc" system improve upon or add? There are enough traffic control organs on the civilian side already let alone military. "ATC" narrows it down to nothing.

Same thing as flir. What does this new"flir" system mean? Do we get proper thermodynamics? Do we get proper optics? Do we get dead pixels and dust? Simply typing flir narrows it down to nothing

In a world with 200-400% inflation on GPU prices... and those prices may be here to stay...How could one not put "Multi-threading" and "Vulkan" at the top of their list? 👍

• Like 8

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Here are my suggestions.  I would like to see more weather elements such as hail and snow flakes.  As for a campaign map, I would like to see a map of eastern Asia.  Eastern Asia would consist of China, North & South Korea, Japan, and the eastern portion of Russia.  This part of the world is where potential conflicts could happen in areas such as the Spratley Islands.  Additionally, I would like to see Artificial Intelligence and Air Traffic Controller improved.  Besides the Mig-21bis, permit other planes (American, European, Russian) to carry the free-fall nuclear bombs that also show the mushroom cloud when dropped.  Even more so, add the Vulcan API to improve performance and graphics.

I refrained from checking all of them, of course I would want everything ... but I believe it is more useful to list only our most needed items ... for me it was these:

Artificial Intelligence (AI) improvements
Airfield Air Traffic Control (ATC)
Multi-threading
Mission editor improvements

For the Mission Editor improvements, my most wished for items are:

- Expanded Static Templates, include triggers and trigger zones.

- Add comments fields to document our triggers logic.

- Expand Group Templates, so that they can include Static objects and more than one Group.

- Organize Group Templates on separate files, for easier sharing ... currently they are all within a single LUA file.

🙏 now, lets hope that ED management sees this thread.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Multi-threading and Vulkan because all other improvements in the list can be done ONLY after this new foundation exists. If not, adding anything else from the list like sophisticated AI, detailed ground/sea combat, dynamic campaign, would kill the frames totally overloading the one primary CPU core.

Edited by kseremak
  • Like 5

Multithreading and Vulkan here, i thing we need first solve the performance issues before enhance other technical areas like IA, weather, etc...

• Like 6

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Multi-threading/Vulkan,
Dynamic Campaign,
Standardized training campaign/missions for all modules,
Airfield ATC,
Portable ICLS unit in ME,
ATIS,
Ground/splash damage model created,
AI ground movement fixed,
AI Air improvements Ace level allows unrealistic climb and thrust,
Caucus Map Nav error fixed,
Fix all acknowledged bugs in under a year (ie F-5),
Update F-5 and Huey,

Require 3rd party module creators to use the forums for primary communication with customers and disallow deletion or overwriting of accurate critical threads/posts that DO NOT violate established forum rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Atc and flir are vague. What will this "atc" system improve upon or add? There are enough traffic control organs on the civilian side already let alone military. "ATC" narrows it down to nothing.

Same thing as flir. What does this new"flir" system mean? Do we get proper thermodynamics? Do we get proper optics? Do we get dead pixels and dust? Simply typing flir narrows it down to nothing

Air Traffic Control (ATC)

Over the past year, our primary ATC focus has been on the Supercarrier. Now that the Supercarrier ATC system is nearing completion, we will next move on to airfield ATC radio communications. Given the scope of DCS World, this is not a simple task, and it will require three separate ATC systems: Western Modern Day, Eastern Modern Day, and World War II. 

Because this effort will require a large amount of new radio voice overs, we will also take this opportunity to update the radio communications for other entities like flight members, other flights, AWACS, tankers, etc.

This will continue to be developed in 2021, but we do not have an estimated release date.

FLIR

New and Improved Forward Looking Infrared

In the modern battlefield, a realistic rendering of FLIR sensors is mandatory, not just for aircraft but also for ground units, unmanned systems, and weapon sensor video. Given the need to create the underlying technology and then create thermal maps for all the world objects, terrain surfaces, and units, this has been quite a large task. We will continue to develop this well into 2021 and we hope to deploy this new FLIR enhancement in Q3 2021.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fusedspine33 said:

Fix all acknowledged bugs in under a year (ie F-5),
Update F-5 and Huey,

Require 3rd party module creators to use the forums for primary communication with customers and disallow deletion or overwriting of accurate critical threads/posts that DO NOT violate established forum rules.

Modules bugfix and 3rd partys has outside scope of that post.

AI - 100%. For mainly singleplayer users like myself it must be a huge concern. It encompasses so much, not just behaviour of air units but also sea and ground, as well as how ATC orders traffic/taxi patterns, etc. It's a huge area that needs to be improved; and furthermore, the dynamic campaign simply will not work unless the AI is improved. DCS Liberation is the perfect example for that. A great mod hampered by infuriatingly limited AI.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR