Harpoon x 4 FLT profile

oldcrusty

I've come across some weird behavior of the last Harpoon in a 4 missile launch sequence.  There are no issues if I start the mission after the fresh start of DCS (actually I did the reboot also).

When I try to fly the same mission again, without restarting DCS (and possibly rebooting), I always see missile #4 flying up to over 40k feet, leveling off then diving on the target... after overflying it and hitting it dead on.

All 4 missiles were set to BOL with HTPT, LOW flight profile and SKIM terminal phase.  In all cases, all missiles followed the programmed route. Weird.

Anyone else seen this? 

Edit: I'll post the tracks and vids tomorrow.

Edited by Gripes323
  • Like 1

As expected I was on the wrong track 😕.  First, it was happening to missile #1, not 4.  Initially I was suspecting VR effecting memory, after multiple flights w/o restarting DCS.

Finally, I noticed that this was happening when I engaged A/P BARO hold and on top of that,  FP hold (or whatever it's called) by pressing A/P 'ON' button. I wanted to stabilize the flight path before releasing the missiles in a slow sequence.  If I didn't engage A/P and countered the asymmetric load effects with the stick... all missiles released and flew correct altitude profiles. I wouldn't bet 100% on this theory but it sort of looks like there's something to it.

Here's a track:Harpoon test4.trk

and a vid:

• Like 1