TGT designationcauses loss of CCIP

Rongor

In this video you can see:

1. HUD is active SOI

2. TDC depress over that airfield

3. symbology switches to CCRP (AUTO)

4. I reaffirm CCIP in the stores

5. HUD and TGP switch to a moving target in 3 NM distance. It's the CCIP.

I recorded cropped in 1080 resolution, as DCS is running on 4k and recording the whole screen would have caused a slideshow and a cockpit barely readable...

The track is rather lengthy...

CCIPTGP.trk

I can't find this in the manual:

1. Is the delivery mode supposed to switch from CCIP to CCRP automatically upon designating a point?

2. When the HUD symbology switches to AUTO, there is still the CCIP program displayed in the stores

3. Reaffirming the CCIP mode in the stores drops the designated target, instead HUD, HSI and TGP are apparently following the CCIP solution. Is this intended?

Edited by Rongor

• Rongor changed the title to TGT designation in NAV mode

I can't replicate it on my rig (latest OB).

Starting my mission in the air. In NAV mode, I could not designate any point on the ground using HUD or HMD. I could definitely designate a point with WPDSG, radar or FLIR.

Regardless whether I try it before or after A/G master mode.

• Rongor changed the title to TGT designationcauses loss of CCIP

You should not be able to be in CCIP with a target designated. The only bug here is that you can re-select CCIP to display the CCIP symbology again. What should happen is even re-selecting CCIP does nothing here, and it remains in AUTO. The only way to go back is to undesignate the target.

• Like 3

• ED Team

We do have a report open currently about this, 

if you select CCIP there is no designation, we are looking into the behaviour when trying to switch from AUTO to CCIP

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2