[FIXED] Request -- Add existing liveries to CJTFB and CJTFR factions

At the moment, the C-101 (both EB and CC) are available to both the Combined Joint Task Forces.

ctf_faction.jpg

However, there are no skins with that allocation, which means that a default is used, which has numbers all over it and only one skin selection (see screenshot).

20210730174214_1.jpg

What I was wondering, was whether it would be possible for the developers to consider adding the CJTFB and CJTFR factions to a selection of existing skins for both the C-101EB and C-101CC, please?

Doing so, would allow us to include the C-101 variants in CJTF missions (for either blue or red), as opposed to the current method which is to have "CJTF + Spain". Of particular value would be both the "CLAEX Desert Camu Skin - Centro Logístico de Armamento y Experimentación" and "CLAEX Green Camu Skin - Centro Logístico de Armamento y Experimentación" for the C-101CC, but of course others would also be appreciated. As the change is modifying and existing configuration file to access existing skins, this (to me) does not seem like a lot of work, so perhaps it could be considered?

While I realise that it is possible to mod this ourselves, having it officially available as part of the module would make it possible to use this in multiplayer.

Thanks.

Edited by Vibora

1 hour ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

At the moment, the C-101 (both EB and CC) are available to both the Combined Joint Task Forces.

ctf_faction.jpg

However, there are no skins with that allocation, which means that a default is used, which has numbers all over it and only one skin selection (see screenshot).

20210730174214_1.jpg

What I was wondering, was whether it would be possible for the developers to consider adding the CJTFB and CJTFR factions to a selection of existing skins for both the C-101EB and C-101CC, please?

Doing so, would allow us to include the C-101 variants in CJTF missions (for either blue or red), as opposed to the current method which is to have "CJTF + Spain". Of particular value would be both the "CLAEX Desert Camu Skin - Centro Logístico de Armamento y Experimentación" and "CLAEX Green Camu Skin - Centro Logístico de Armamento y Experimentación" for the C-101CC, but of course others would also be appreciated. As the change is modifying and existing configuration file to access existing skins, this (to me) does not seem like a lot of work, so perhaps it could be considered?

While I realise that it is possible to mod this ourselves, having it officially available as part of the module would make it possible to use this in multiplayer.

Thanks.

Hey! As it may take a couple of days or hours for this to be seen by vibora, here you have the modified .lua of the files. Just paste it inside the skin folder you want (I made green and desert) and leave the name of the file as "description.lua". As easy as that

You need to go to: "Installation Drive:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\aircraft\C-101\Liveries\C-101CC\CLAEX Green | Desert Camu Skin - Centro Logistico de Armamento y Experimentacion

Desertdescription.lua Greendescription.lua

• Thanks 1

• Vibora changed the title to [FIXED] Request -- Add existing liveries to CJTFB and CJTFR factions
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 1:31 PM, Vibora said:

Done. Wait for next update.

Dear AvioDev, I just wanted to reply and let you know how much we appreciated you guys adding liveries to the CJTF factions. This was really great and for the last two weekends, we've been putting them to good use. Thanks also for responding and letting us know. We are really grateful for your ongoing commitment to the C-101... it is a fantastic module!

20210905212700_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1