Kind of worried šŸ˜§

rkk01

The level of activity in the WW2 forums seems scarily low at the momentā€¦

Ā 

I hope that this doesnā€™t reflect the size of the DCS WW2 user base and commercial appealšŸ˜•

Ā 

Hereā€™s Hoping that the Mossie, Corsair and any as yet undisclosed PTO modules liven things up a bitā€¦!

• Like 1

Well thereā€™s been no WW2 release for over a year. Progress is glacial, more devā€™s interested in WW2 are needed. I just hope thereā€™s plenty of stuff going on in the background unannounced that not ready to be made pubic yet. Ā I donā€™t see why WW2 wouldnā€™t be a money spinner, the aircraft are iconic, the systems are relatively simple compared to the avionics of a modern jet, thereā€™s no issues with classified information, just licencing.
Ā 

To be fair I can imagine thatĀ Covid disruption hasnā€™t helped. Several of the sim and general gaming devā€™s I follow have been strangely quiet over the last 12 months. No new projects announced, roadmaps not updated,Ā that sort of thing.

• Like 2

... or people are just getting on and playing DCS WW2 content whilst patiently awaiting further developments and fixes without histrionics or hyperbole.

Ā 

... or it's summer in the Northern hemisphere and many are spending their time on holiday in the sunshine with family and not skulking internet forums.

Ā 

Of course it could be the death rattle of the DCS WW2 community but I suspect that might be a mildly melodramatic conclusion to race to.

• Like 1

For my part, no more purchasing module, map and add-on until ED has corrected the existing bugs (sometimes old) in the WWII era, especially on the Anton.

Edited by FlyBy2507
area -> era
  • Like 2

You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!

The FW-190D-9 is my favourite WWII aircraft and I love it to death, but it's engine model has been broken for years on end resultingĀ inĀ the engine randomly quitting during flight,Ā even if you fly in economy power throughout and follow all the proper procedures. So I'd love to fly WWII stuff more often, but for the last couple of years it's just beenĀ pure suffering knowing it's a coin toss whether I'll be able to finish my flight or have my engine quit halfway through due to no fault of my own. So I don't fly WWII stuff anymore in DCS.

• Like 4

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

Ā 

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon Ā  |Ā Ā  F/A-18F Lot 26Ā Ā  |Ā Ā  HH-60G Pave HawkĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 GreyhoundĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  EA-6A/B ProwlerĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  J-35F2/J DrakenĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  RA-5C Vigilante

1 hour ago, Veteran66 said:

DCS need Level Bomber, Fighter Bomber we have enough. With Level Bomber we have more Strategic gameplay, i am Sure many Flightsimulations Fans will fly Bomber in DCS.

Ā 

I'd do anything for a Ju-88! Nothing compares to WWII gameplay where you have aircraft with different roles duking it out. It'd be amazing if we got to fly in the pacific theatre some day as well with fighters, fighter-bombers, level bombers, dive bombers, torpedo haulers, etc.Ā šŸ˜

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

Ā 

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon Ā  |Ā Ā  F/A-18F Lot 26Ā Ā  |Ā Ā  HH-60G Pave HawkĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 GreyhoundĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  EA-6A/B ProwlerĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  J-35F2/J DrakenĀ Ā  |Ā Ā  RA-5C Vigilante

Need to fix the bugs, to many really bad bugs. For example the P51D ram air lever does not work meaning you are flying with signifacantly less engine power at altitude. Unpredictable engine failures with the Dora. Bombs not working correctly. TheĀ .50 calibre guns don't work very well making the American aircraft unsatisfying to fight in. The slow pace of development and the accumulating bugs is taking its toll.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WHOGX5 said:

The FW-190D-9 is my favourite WWII aircraft and I love it to death, but it's engine model has been broken for years on end resultingĀ inĀ the engine randomly quitting during flight,Ā even if you fly in economy power throughout and follow all the proper procedures. So I'd love to fly WWII stuff more often, but for the last couple of years it's just beenĀ pure suffering knowing it's a coin toss whether I'll be able to finish my flight or have my engine quit halfway through due to no fault of my own. So I don't fly WWII stuff anymore in DCS.

Ā 

15 minutes ago, Snapage said:

Ā Unpredictable engine failures with the Dora.

Ā 

Gents, this has been associated to missions created in a legacy version of the game - apparently if you have access to the mission where this occurs, simply open it and resave in the latest game version to mitigate this issue. This comes from Nineline via Discord.

Ā 

If you're reliant on Multiplayer missions hosted by others then try and contact the relevant hosts to bring this issue to light.

Edited by DD_Fenrir
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rkk01 said:

Iā€™ve experienced this in missions Iā€™ve just created and in free flight as wellā€¦

Ā 

In the D9?

Ā 

The 'Stang is still borked as far as I know. I don't fly the D9 much so can't speak to whether it is a module or mission thing any more.

Ā 

But yeah, I get the frustration in general. Still fly mostly WWII props when I get a big enough block of time to play.

Edited by reece146

So.. Pre 2.7, some issues but good gameplay that kept me in Warbirds.
Big reasons to fly with only 'poor VR clouds and smoke trails' the reason not to.
After 2.7 ridiculously more issues that have destroyed the gameplay for me personally and a few that i fly with, and despite seeing numerous times 'bug reported' on issues logged, Ive seen nothing. Just more focus on the 'popular' modules that are selling well.
The mods turn up, say something positive and we all sit up and think 'great its sorted', only to wait a month past multiple updates and realise nothing has changed.

No updates to the ancient Dora- means my favourite warbird is pretty much grounded, every other flight is a 'dead engine' so i just pop on, fly the FA18 get bored (due to the issues that have arrisen with 2.7) log off.
Rinse and repeat.
Im only barely playing this game an hour a week now and thats in the Hornet, and the squad i usually fly Warbirds with have moved back to 'the other game' so theres nothing here for me, Ive asked and begged- and ive seen no changes despite mods saying the changes are coming..
I just dont thing anyone at ED is bothering to fix the bugs on Warbirds as the modules just arent that popular, and its obvious 'the other game' does gameplay better.
If something doesnt bring in profits, whats the point on supporting it?
From a business perspective, its an utter waste of salary to have someone fix a bug on a module that brings in no money.
You only have to look at the Yak, and realise that 'this is what happens to Modules that dont sell'.
How long until work is given up on a module because its no longer selling (See Anton bug list).

Id love to get back into the Warbirds game, but it just feels like its dying a slow and stale death. And why wait and hold on for a game to die, when you can more than enjoy life with a game that works?
Ive no hard feelings, and if it does come back, then ill jump right in, but until then- Im not wasting my time on modules that ED doesnt want to waste profits fixing.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Snapage said:

Need to fix the bugs, to many really bad bugs. For example the P51D ram air lever does not work meaning you are flying with signifacantly less engine power at altitude. Unpredictable engine failures with the Dora. Bombs not working correctly. TheĀ .50 calibre guns don't work very well making the American aircraft unsatisfying to fight in. The slow pace of development and the accumulating bugs is taking its toll.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There is a user fix for the ram air leverĀ https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317307/

Ā 

.50 cal guns work well at convergence.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

8 hours ago, Mogster said:

Well thereā€™s been no WW2 release for over a year. Progress is glacial, more devā€™s interested in WW2 are needed. I just hope thereā€™s plenty of stuff going on in the background unannounced that not ready to be made pubic yet. Ā I donā€™t see why WW2 wouldnā€™t be a money spinner, the aircraft are iconic, the systems are relatively simple compared to the avionics of a modern jet, thereā€™s no issues with classified information, just licencing.
Ā 

To be fair I can imagine thatĀ Covid disruption hasnā€™t helped. Several of the sim and general gaming devā€™s I follow have been strangely quiet over the last 12 months. No new projects announced, roadmaps not updated,Ā that sort of thing.

Ā 

About ED:

- P-47 was launched on EA on June 2020 and released on December 2020, Mosquito FB.VI has near to release on EA
- WW2 assets pack was expanded on April 2020, November 2020 and More to come.
-Ā Channel map was release June 2020, expanded on April 2021 and prepare to release with more updates, meanwhileĀ ED Worlking on Marianas WW2 version

-Ā Other has proppeller technology on April 2021, Damage model on 2020, with new fire effects on April 2020 and AI WW2 engagement logic.Ā 

Ā 

About 3rd Parties:

-Ugra Media update Normandy on July 2021.

-Leatherneck Working on F4-U corsair with Pacific assets and Us Carriers

-Octopus-G work on a new module not annonced.

• Like 1

I think it would be useful to pull the Maps and ThirdĀ Party threads into here so that all DCS WW2 content has a single home. Ā The Corsair and I-16 are a bit lost in amongst the rest of the third party stuff

Aye. Maybe there could be a 3rd party WW2 section?

Ā 

I do feel the 3rd party stuff is a bit lost down the page generally, but maybe ED want to make the distinction between their own and 3rd party stuff quite obviousā€¦

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Ā 

About ED:

- P-47 was launched on EA on June 2020 and released on December 2020, Mosquito FB.VI has near to release on EA
- WW2 assets pack was expanded on April 2020, November 2020 and More to come.
-Ā Channel map was release June 2020, expanded on April 2021 and prepare to release with more updates, meanwhileĀ ED Worlking on Marianas WW2 version

-Ā Other has proppeller technology on April 2021, Damage model on 2020, with new fire effects on April 2020 and AI WW2 engagement logic.Ā 

Ā 

About 3rd Parties:

-Ugra Media update Normandy on July 2021.

-Leatherneck Working on F4-U corsair with Pacific assets and Us Carriers

-Octopus-G work on a new module not annonced.

In any of these, I can't tell that they all get completely pointless, but in most caseĀ major part of the game can't allow to have fun with these.

Just to take 2Ā examples :

- The asset pack added ground object. But as we can't destroy/damage object except by making (almost) direct hit, it make pointless to have a new tank to put in our mission. (Direct hit wouldn't be a problem if we had at least fuses ...)

- The channel update added area to have V1/V2 and other historical stuff ... But for most of them (or maybe all of them) no object were added in game.Ā  So great update but nothing to see on the map. To me it's more an Half update and I hope to see the next part.

Ā 

For almost anything you give in this list, there is at least 1 massive thing that make it pointless to buy or to get interested into what DCS WW2 had given this year. And this is sad because what you tell here areĀ good stuff. But not the most important that should be made ...

Ā 

I know I'm not alone having the same feeling but I have no fun playing DCS WW2 for the moment.

PVP, PVE, Bombing mission, ... I can finish the flight dead or aliveĀ but in most caseĀ I get no fun as most of time I have to deal with problems (visual, bugs, missing features, ...).

Like a pilot told in my squadron, DCS WW2 is for the moment a great "Flight Simulator" game. Let's hope someday we will all able to see the Combat part of it.
Ā 

So I follow the forum and the discord. But I stop playing DCS for the moment (like lot of other people) ...

Waiting to see the game to get basic stuff updateĀ or updated we wait since the first warbird was released ...

Looking at the barrel under the wing of my Spitfire thinking :

"That was really the most missed stuff in the game right now !"

Ā 

Best update would be : "We decided to communicate more andĀ to add more people to the WW2 team !"Ā 

Edited by JG13Wulf
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, JG13Wulf said:

- The asset pack added ground object. But as we can't destroy/damage object except by making (almost) direct hit, it make pointless to have a new tank to put in our mission. (Direct hit wouldn't be a problem if we had at least fuses ...)

Ā 

Ā 

When ED build realistc Vehicle damage model, meanwhile dont expected a bomb destroy a tank with a near hit.

40 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Ā 

When ED build realistc Vehicle damage model, meanwhile dont expected a bomb destroy a tank with a near hit.

Ā 

The problem is that eitherĀ 

- we need something that make near hits usefull because it's not actually. If it's not direct hit you have nothing. So yes, we need a more detailled damage model.

- or we need bomb fuse so we can be more precise without suicide ourself.

Ā 

Like most game actually, a detailled damage model for vehicles in a flight simulation is a dream that we can hope to see in many years.

So the only option that we can hope for is bomb fuses.

We are waiting this since a large number of years.

Ā 

The point here is that update of the asset pack is pointless (for almost all ground asset) until fuses are updated.

And for almost everything that was bring this years it's the same problem : "Great but we can't have lot of fun with itĀ because ..."

Edited by JG13Wulf
  • Like 2

Well, one of the reasons why I junked DCS was that I was "kind of worried" for years, then finally had enough because the only thing seemingly making headway is the bugs count.

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, JG13Wulf said:

Looking at the barrel under the wing of my Spitfire thinking :

"That was really the most missed stuff in the game right now !"

One of our modelers created this, on his own. And we added it. I will make sure to inform the team that these simple little things when the come up are not of interest to the community and its better to not add them. Thanks for the feedback.

Ā 

1 hour ago, JG13Wulf said:

I'm sorry but in general most tanks require a direct hit from an HE bomb, and even then, its a tank, and as I stated before, I asked for a resounding change to fuzes in the sim, and this includes the Allies aircraft as well. Its coming, its in progress, but what I asked for is not just a historically incorrect rollback to what we had, but a much more complex list of options.

As we stated, we will get back to the bugs when the Mossie drops, I am sorry its taken so long to get back to them, and even Nick has said that its been too long. But to be honest this thread is just pointing out the obvious, we do need to do better, but this thread is redundant at this point.

I will say that for the most part the WWII modules are not as bad as they are painted by some, I understand the frustration but I fly and enjoy these modules daily for testing and such, heck yeah I am biased, but WWII in DCS is my passion and my love, sure I love me some Hornet or Warthog, but I really love the Spitfire, the 109. If you cant find joy in them right now, its ok, go do something else right now, take a break, whatever. We are getting back to all the issues, we have heard the complaints, and in fact before the big concerns were raided, I had already piled on the WWII team.Ā 

Ā 

A user just made an incredible video of an online fight in a Anton, its all about how you use it, you can have fun, or you can get hung up on the problems, until we get back to them, that part is up to you.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum Rules ā€¢ My YouTube ā€¢ My Discord - NineLine#0440ā€¢ **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.pngĀ Ā 80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.pngĀ Ā 28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.pngĀ Ā 389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.pngĀ Ā 216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.pngĀ Ā 1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png