What's the difference - WMR for SVR & WMR?

I have both on my rig. When I power up my G2, the default Windows WMR portal opens. If I close that, then launch WMR for SVR, just Steam VR opens, my headset is blank and WMR for SVR appears not to running, as it has the "Launch" option enabled in the Steam Library.

The only way I get a picture in my headset is if I launch SteamVR, which then automatically launches the generic WMR portal.

I'm confoooooozed!

CFI

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Hi, You need both the WMR Portal and WMR for SteamVR running at all times for DCS (with a G2).

Edited by zildac

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

No need to even worry about it, Chief.  Just plug in your G2, wait for WMR to automatically recognize the HMD and boot up, then just start DCS like you normally would.  Everything that needs to run will run automatically from that point forward.  You'll see an exploding orb of triangles in your G2 when WMR and SteamVR link up, and next thing you know you'll be in the DCS hangar screen.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

2 hours ago, eaglecash867 said:

No need to even worry about it, Chief.  Just plug in your G2, wait for WMR to automatically recognize the HMD and boot up, then just start DCS like you normally would.  Everything that needs to run will run automatically from that point forward.  You'll see an exploding orb of triangles in your G2 when WMR and SteamVR link up, and next thing you know you'll be in the DCS hangar screen.

I always thought that say if you plug in the G2 and wmr boots up is to close that one down first then let DCS open SVR and WMR Steam version. I have been doing this from the beginning from all the guides in here.

Now all I do is just start DCS and everything comes together automatically. I have my G2 tuned perfectly now so I do not open up steam to run FPSVR lately as everything is running smooth.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020