Apache chit chat and speculation

XXXTentacles

On 8/4/2021 at 8:57 PM, Beirut said:

I too am crying because there is no Apache yet. :sad_2:

...it means I'll have to wait even longer to blow them out of the sky in my Blackshark. :gun_rifle:

Yes, that's basically what I'm looking forward to.😄

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, ebabil said:

apache pre purchase this month then?

Late summer can also mean the very end of it, and summer this year ends when the Sun appears to cross the celestial equator, heading southward, which in 2021 is likely to be on the 22nd of September at 19:21 UTC, mark the date ladies and gents. 

• Like 7

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It is funny that in the era of the internet and social media that a company not use it to communicate with its customer about a release date. 

No news creates frustration but if communication is open then even if they run into problems and delays we would understand and have more respect.

I prefer no releases in summer as I need to spend time outside in the real world and not inside virtual.

But i would love videos on the progress.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, STEMALO said:

It is funny that in the era of the internet and social media that a company not use it to communicate with its customer about a release date. 

No news creates frustration but if communication is open then even if they run into problems and delays we would understand and have more respect.

I prefer no releases in summer as I need to spend time outside in the real world and not inside virtual.

But i would love videos on the progress.

Cheers

Lol, you must be new here... 

Man.. developers long ago stopped giving dates or even estimates more granular than year halves / quarters. 

Reasons were:

- frustration, 

- lack of understanding,

- no respect.

Edited by Gierasimov
  • Like 5

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

From the behavior of the developers, I got the impression that everything is fine. By the way, for Russians, the calendar seasons contain exactly three months each. Months 12,1,2 are winter, 3,4,5 are spring, 6,7,8 are summer, 9,10,11 are autumn. The actual season, of course, depends on the location on the map. So we are waiting, most likely, in August, and there is not much time left.

• Like 3

Fire up a Commodore 64 emulator and play Gunship. I wasted SO much of my high school years playing Microprose games.

(For that matter, look up Cold Waters for a modern take on the 1986 submarine game Red Storm Rising.)

On 8/4/2021 at 5:47 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Plan is still for pre-order late Summer. 

News will be more frequent as we get closer to pre-order and when early access eventually starts. 

thanks

Ah, but which hemisphere? Could extend it all the way to March 2022 if they wanted.

Edited by panton41

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

On 8/5/2021 at 9:49 PM, ebabil said:

ED says that late summer. what does this mean then?

Late summer is basically August and September So we might get it next week or in a month plus when they mean late summer it doesn't mean exactly in late summer they could release pre-orders after late summer but as of right now its still late summer so hopefully we get news about soon 

• Like 2

The HIND is a lot of fun. Give it a try. I'm digging it. 

As for the Apache, late summer is the "pre-order" target, it has nothing to do with the release date. 

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Well Mosquito gets EA first…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• ED Team

As soon as we are ready to share information we will,

we have started today with a little preview and some history, and started the mini update thread. 

please keep an eye on the mini-update thread and future newsletters for news. 

thanks

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Apache chit chat and speculation
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not know much about the Apache, but the Mi-24 turned out to be much more fun than I expected. I fear that the Apache is too much computerized for this kind of fun feeling. Maybe I am missing something, but isn't it going to be rather like an American version of the Ka-50? I am just trying to figure out for which kind of virtual pilots the Apache is a good choice.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tiramisu said:

I do not know much about the Apache, but the Mi-24 turned out to be much more fun than I expected. I fear that the Apache is too much computerized for this kind of fun feeling. Maybe I am missing something, but isn't it going to be rather like an American version of the Ka-50? I am just trying to figure out for which kind of virtual pilots the Apache is a good choice.

Apache systems will be much more complicated than in the Ka-50. If you want a comparison, I think operating the Apache will be pretty similar to operating the A-10C/A-10CII

• Like 1

Me, its being made for me.... all choppers are made for me 🙂

It will be interesting to see how much DCS time is taken up by the Apache D and how my flight time in other choppers will suffer.   

I consider the ka-50 to be very simple to operate, it is all steam gauges with a small amount of digitalization, Toggle switches are all available in the pit for a fast weapon change.  

An Apache A would be closer to the KA-50.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

1 hour ago, Mad_Shell said:

Apache systems will be much more complicated than in the Ka-50. If you want a comparison, I think operating the Apache will be pretty similar to operating the A-10C/A-10CII

I'd say it would be as easy or complicated as you want it to be. It all depends on your loadout, what type of sensors you want to use during your mission, whether the FCR is available and how you want to use it, etc. etc. 

And then you have to take into account that you can share the workload between two crewmembers. I'd say that flying and fighting in the Apache will be relatively simple, but very difficult to master. 

Now in the early days of the Mi24P the Petrovich AI is very bare bones, so I don't expect the Apache to be very easy to use in single player. However with an efficient and knowledgeable weapons officer in the front seat I'd say that it will be a joy to learn and use. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 hours ago, Tiramisu said:

If you don’t enjoy modern aircraft then you probably won’t see much to enjoy in the Apache. But this helo is more capable than anything else we have in rotary wing.

One of the best parts is that we’ll finally have a proper laser designator so we can hide somewhere in hover at safe distance and designate targets for fast movers. Further, the Apache is made for night operations so we’ll be able to combine forces with f16s, f18s, a10s, maybe f14s and do some fun night op target designation or destruction.

The 30mm is going to be ridiculous good fun considering you can slave it to your eye and just erase things you don’t like while flying. The gun on the shark and hind is fun too and effective in their own ways but I don’t think theyll hold a candle to the Apache gun.

Im not exactly clear on the fun feeling you’re looking for but yes the Apache has way more systems to manage than the hind.

• Like 2

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Makes me vomit how jet pukes think the Apache will be a laser designator for fast movers!

That is the Kiowa's job!

The Apache D will lay waste to large, well equipped ground forces faster and more efficiently than any fast moving puke will ever achieve!

The Apache will obliterate the well equipped ground force and will then look under the cervices and dig out the hiding, fearful soldiers for 30 mike mike justice.  

It will be very personal with the Apache..... whites of the eyes kind of stuff!

No large scale army surrendered to an F-16 or F-15 when it appeared.... they did with the Apache.

The Apache is simply a horrifying weapon.... so close and personal.

The jet boys job is simple.... keep the Mig 29s, Su 27s and especially the SU 25s, or any other slow moving aeroplane off our arses!

That is all we ask.... the rest is what the Apache was breed for.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

55 minutes ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Makes me vomit how jet pukes think the Apache will be a laser designator for fast movers!

That was part of the reason for the D's upgrades. It's also been one of the responsibilities of the aircraft since the OH-58D was retired from service. In addition, there's also things like laser guided artillery which exponentially increases the firepower available to the helicopter.

There's no sense in wasting your own limited ordnance when someone else is offering to expend theirs for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rogue Trooper said:

The Apache D will lay waste to large, well equipped ground forces faster and more efficiently than any fast moving puke will ever achieve!

The Apache will obliterate the well equipped ground force and will then look under the cervices and dig out the hiding, fearful soldiers for 30 mike mike justice. 

Well-armed ground forces are not Taliban or even Libyans. They really have a lot of air defense. If this is not suppressed, the helicopters are best off. In general, the present time is the time of drones.

1 hour ago, NeedzWD40 said:

That was part of the reason for the D's upgrades. It's also been one of the responsibilities of the aircraft since the OH-58D was retired from service. In addition, there's also things like laser guided artillery which exponentially increases the firepower available to the helicopter.

There's no sense in wasting your own limited ordnance when someone else is offering to expend theirs for you.

No.... it is simply diversifying an awesome weapons capabilities. it is a side show to its prime directive.

The Apache D is a shockingly versatile weapon.

Out of interest, did superb ground control coms start in jets or did it start in attack choppers?

Did choppers start the data sharing revolution or was it jets?

Which was first?

Just in case you did not notice, I am truly looking forward to this weapon sitting in my hangar.

Pride of ownership will be the first emotion felt by me.

The second emotion will be a feeling of finally coming home.... do you feel that NeedzWD40?

Edited by Rogue Trooper