Possible mission 11 bug

So I repaired the game and tried again, first time still the same, second time I decide to lag abount 5-10 nm behind lead and now it works. I noticed when the mission is bugged saint won't say raven 31 running in or pigs away etc when he fires his jsow. also worth saying when i told little nicky to drop jsow on target, maybe the second target, he dropped very low and jsow hit the water, after the line standby for bda nothing happened until I did it my self. since I run out of jsow I told nick to attack the next target, he said running in from the west but actually just left and joined the tanker. I strafed the target and rtb, get a 70/100 score and that count as a pass. So for anyone encountering same issue i hope my experience could help.

jsow_in_water.png

Edited by GVakarian32

On 7/25/2021 at 7:20 PM, GVakarian32 said:

after engage with enemy fighters, I won't get the updated target, waited for long time and tried a second time and still nothing happend after fighter engagement.

I have just experienced this too, this isn't my first time attempting the mission either as first time I couldn't refuel at the tanker due to the DCS bug.

I was on open beta branch for this attempt, I tried the mission on stable after experiencing the refuelling bug and on stable I get that other bug where the AI doesn't come above 1000ft and zig zags all over the place. Gotta love DCS sometimes 🙂

I experienced this last night, I engaged the bandits, then retasked to the strike, but once I was in range to drop got no further comms. I dropped, nothing. Went to the tanker where everyone was orbiting, no comms. Then proceeded to the carrier switched Marshal set up on CASE III. Landed and quit but mission was a failure. I hit the targets and it was frustrating. 

Thanks guys, I will check what is going on there. Obviously something got borked with the triggers (maybe the ones detecting when Saint shoots - it is based on "missile in zone" trigger, but each time new missiles are added to the sim, the order in missions gets changed and it stops working). Will let you know ASAP. 

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Update: I checked the triggers and everything seems to be fine. I will need to test it once I get back to my gaming rig, which should be on Thursday or Friday. Triggerwise everything is fine and should work just as it did on stable or earlier versions of OB, so I am not sure what the problem could be... I'll report back once I check for myself.

I had another go just now to see if I could get anything to work, last time my wingman hadn't even caught up to formation before engaging the bandits so I thought that might have been an issue (the flights all push before I can get to WP2 which is odd cos on the first play through we did a couple of orbits before pushing, and I think the first attempt was the one where I was slowest to take off if anything) but I went slow enough turning on the bandits he was rejoined with me before engaging this time and still I got no further tasking.

If there's anything I can do to help reproduce or trackfiles/tacview files that will help let me know.

I have also had all these issues. Wingman will go on the deck after new tasking and order for the first drop at full burner 1000 or so feet at 90knts with known alpha till he runs dry and splashes.  This has happened 3 of 6 attempts. Every launch he has insane alpha and just hovers over the water till he eventually starts climbing.

One attempt on my way to join 3-1,3-2 they were doing sharp s turns indefinitely... just exited (This was after they said they were pushing no alibis).

3 of 6 attempts no comms after proceed direct wp3. Never got the new tasking or button switch and radio silence after.

Also no sure if its a haze layer but the TGP is all but useless 20+ miles out. Its all grainy. 

Edit* Tried again tonight same alpha problems for wingman on takeoff and got no comms after being told proceed to WP3 direct.

image.png

image.png

Untitled.png

Edited by xanstin

I can confirm that the problems are caused by the Hornet flight model bug, where fully loaded Hornets are unable to do anything and quite often splash into the sea, this affects other tasks as well. Going to check in Closed Open Beta to see if this has been fixed for the next release - this issue unfortunately cannot be solved by me, as this is a DCS-wide bug. I'll report back if it has been internally fixed. Thanks for the reports guys!

EDIT: just flew in Closed Open Beta, it seems that the problem with AI takeoff, Saint zig-zag and wingman not engaging the targets has been solved! Once new OB hits next week I hope it should all be working as advertised, please let me know when you have a chance to fly it. 

Edited by baltic_dragon

On 7/25/2021 at 8:20 PM, GVakarian32 said:

The mission worked fine the first time but i accidently dropped my jsows on the sub in my first attempt,when i restart, after engage with enemy fighters, I won't get the updated target, waited for long time and tried a second time and still nothing happend after fighter engagement.

I have this exact problem. Havent seen the mission work at all yet. Flew the mission 3 times now, and after lead tells me to flow to steerpoint 3, nothing further happens anymore. Tried to hang on steerpoint 3, tried to join in lead, (thought that maybe that would trigger something). nothing happens.

I had a go today and it worked exactly as it should have 🙂

15 hours ago, xanstin said:

Attempt 1 since patch. Comms still not triggering. After bandits comms continue through rejoin and direct WP, but never get retasked. 

I was having this problem prior to the patch, you sure your game was up to date?

2 hours ago, xanstin said:

Yeah just tried again and still no comms after I take out the bandits. Some splash orchids after they tell me proceed direct. Maybe I am not in the trigger zone? I have no idea what is setting the divert comms to go off.

I'm not 100% sure either, all I know is I was continuing to WP3 (the original target WP) as ordered and I was within range before I got the message to redirect, but I assume you're already doing that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Also another bug from my side. 

When received the last coordinate and ordered AI (Nicky) to attack, if respond the CAP/RTB choice before the AI drop the JSOW, instead of attacking the target, the AI will rejoin formation and forget the attack job.  

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

• 7 months later...

so I would like to report that I am dealing with the same issue in 2022. I managed to get the new tasking order only once. Ran out of jsows so couldn’t complete the mission. Can’t reproduce it anymore and mission basically gets bricked after taking out bandits and flowing back to wp3. Cant complete the mission without tasking order triggering.