NASAMS bug: a launcher can't fire at several targets at the same time

The DCS NASAMS site should have the capability to simultaneously launch several missiles at several targets (according to the manufacturer, with a complete battery including 12 launchers, all the 72 missiles can engage 72 targets simultaneously). 

I join a track, showing that a NASAMS site with 1 launcher engages 2 targets one after another, and not simultaneously.

NASAMS.trk

Edited by Mad_Shell

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

You put only one launcher in your mission. Here's a track with 4 of them: they do fire simultaneously at different targets.

Multiple_NASAMS_launchers.trk 117.81 kB · 0 downloads

Sorry my 1st message wasn't clear, I put only 1 launcher because the problem is that a single launcher should be able to launch at several targets simultaneously, and putting only 1 launcher shows it's not the case in DCS.

Edited by Mad_Shell

1 minute ago, Flappie said:

Thx. It is logical after all that a launcher can engage several targets simultaneously, as they use active radar homing missiles. The command post can distribute targets to each missile, then it's fire and forget basically (with mi-course guidance updates).

• 4 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 11:58 AM, Flappie said:

Hey Flappie, any news on the topic? NASAMS is way weaker than it should be without the multi target engagement capability.

• 1 year later...

Bumping this issue, because it seems ED has changed some underlying code for SAMS: a limitation in DCS has always been that for any SAM, a launcher could only fire missiles at a single target. As a consequence, a SAM site could never engage more targets than its own number of launchers.

This has changed with 2.9: the S-300 and Patriot sites are able to engage several targets with a single launcher. 

I checked the NASAMS and it is still unable to engage more than 1 target per launcher. Since it seems that the code now allows it, I bump this issue so ED can take a look again.

It's very possible that other SAMs should see changes on that front too.

On another note, the NASAMS is still missing its electro-optical tracker vehicle, allowing for passive engagements.

Edited by Mad_Shell

• 3 months later...