Taurus Throttle Arms Too Long?

wilbur81

I've been kicking around the idea of nabbing a Super Taurus Throttle and I've noticed something in every video and picture I've seen: It appears the the throttle arm lengths are several inches longer than in the actual jet (see pic). Maybe I'm wrong here, but in this picture in particular the actual throttle handles seem so high above the switch panel below.  Anyone find this a problem/distracting when reaching from the throttles down to switches WAY below? 🙂 People are mounting these things so that the handles are equal in height or higher than the top of the stick, which in the real jet is not the case. (The stick's top is several inches higher than the throttle handles in the real jet).   In the real jet pic at the bottom, the switch panel below the throttle handles appears a good deal closer than the WinWing.                                                                                          

image.png7759886782b938557f8f08aa50a1924f.jpg

image.png

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• wilbur81 changed the title to Taurus Throttle Arms Too Long?

I have used the actual F-18 throttle in aircraft and the WinWing version and can say they are close enough in geometry as to be indistinguishable.  Certainly close enough for casual flight sim use.  But I have made a point to mount my WinWing throttle in the same position relative to my left thigh in the same location as in the jet.  The majority of switches are also very close in position if not in the exact position however they are mounted perfectly horizontal where the aircraft consoles are slightly angled toward the pilot.  In other words the switches on the WinWing unit are accessible to the pilot almost exactly as they are the in real jet.  So at the consumer level, the WinWing unit is probably as close as you're likely to find at anything close to that price range.

Note your two pictures are not quite comparable as the WinWing is at military power and the actual jet grips are at throttle shutoff position.

• Like 1