** Announcing DCS: Eurofighter by Heatblur Simulations & TrueGrit!! **

Cobra847

Great to know that HB is on the EFT  🙂 

After, i don't understand what will be the version of this EFT if the Meteor is present...Meteor mean a Block15 EFT minimum. If yes, it mean a very recent version with complexe AG capability ? No ? If yes, it don't catch fully the way the plane is presented in the teaser.

It must be clearify.

After, i think having a very recent plane is an "issue", due to the impossiblity for the customer to search for datas and feedback to reach an opinion of the realism of the module (i know much of people don't care, but some do).

But it's not at all a redibitory default, for exemple, the JF-17 is a verry good and pleasant module, even if it's impossibilite to determinate strongly it realism (it is sad, but the module is so nice XD). And i'm sure HB will bring us a great and good quality module. I'm not a big fan of the EFT, but...It is impossible to ignore it now 😄

Anyway, the issue about the teaser can not be 1000 things...

- Airbus or MBDA are bothered and did contact EB, maybe (if they love to loose time, but i don't think they do).

- A part of the community didn't understand the version of the plane and the teaser need some modification XD

- ED didn't expect this teaser so soon and are asking EB to slash the champagne with an invitation (i can understand XDD)

Whatever, i will follow with interest this module. It sound like, exciting, hard and great work 🙂 

Edited by Mav783
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mav783 said:

Anyway, the issue about the teaser can not be 1000 things...

- Airbus or MBDA are bothered and did contact EB, maybe (if they love to loose time, but i don't think they do).

- A part of the community didn't understand the version of the plane and the teaser need some modification XD

- ED didn't expect this teaser so soon and are asking EB to slash the champagne with an invitation (i can understand XDD)

None of the above, but do not worry about it too much. Out of respect for a 3rd party involved (not True Grit, nor ED, in other words: someone you guys do not know) - we are not sharing the issue, but rest assured, it is being resolved as we speak and has neither baring on the trailer (and its re-appearance), nor on the development of the EF. It is a courtesy of us, and really not worth to lose thoughts about. 🙂

• Like 14

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

38 minutes ago, IronMike said:

None of the above, but do not worry about it too much. Out of respect for a 3rd party involved (not True Grit, nor ED, in other words: someone you guys do not know) - we are not sharing the issue, but rest assured, it is being resolved as we speak and has neither baring on the trailer (and its re-appearance), nor on the development of the EF. It is a courtesy of us, and really not worth to lose thoughts about. 🙂

Thanks for the answer 🙂

I totally understand that you will not share such information, it's pretty private/proffesionnal. It's totally normal and respectable to keep it. But you know, it's a kind of game to try to guess 😉 You guys must pay the musicians now XD Ok, i stop. It is not fun. I'm sorry.

To come back serious, it was an nice teaser. I will stay tunned to further information this module and datas about this plane. The teaser is so...teasing XD

• Like 2

Dang I should've downloaded it right away.

I hope you don't have to change the intro music. It was perfect.

Btw I'd be willing to pay 20% more if you get the heavy g breathing from the trailer into the game.

Edited by Rongor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

Wait? TrueGrit is now part of HeatBlur?

They are part of the Heatblur Family now, or Heatblur Group, if you prefer that, but remain their own company at the same time. 🙂

• Like 10

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

It will be interesting to see the final product.  With the hands on experience of True Grits air and ground crew fueling the data, it evokes a good deal of excitement about the possibilities. With the development expertise of Heatblur to bring it together, it simply seems like a recipe for an amazing module.  The Viggen and the F-14 are simply incredible, I love both those modules so much and they reflect the dedication and skill of Heatblur to bring a subject to life.  Hell, the F-14 isn't just a flight module, it is a flight experience - it isn't a simple isolated aircraft, it is a snapshot of an era, of a way of military aviation.

I guess ultimately legal restrictions on data shared, and what is allowed to be modeled for the Tiffy will determine how "legitimate to life' the module is.  I imagine it will generate much debate.  I very much look forward to seeing the end result of the Tiffy and it will be a fine addition to my stable of aircraft that I so enjoy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grundar said:

I imagine it will generate much debate

It will also generate (heated) debate to people who think the EF will be “unBaLAncEd”, when being balanced isn’t the aim of DCS, realism is. I’ll also like to say that F-18 pilots will finally have to learn how to dogfight in order to get a kill. XD

• Like 6

18 hours ago, VirusAM said:

Guys Ironmike just explained it some posts up….can’t you read?

This post should read ... "Guys Ironmike just explained it some posts up" and maybe link the post. No need to be rude with "can't you read?".

• Like 2

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

9 hours ago, RG2021 said:

It will also generate (heated) debate to people who think the EF will be “unBaLAncEd”, when being balanced isn’t the aim of DCS, realism is. I’ll also like to say that F-18 pilots will finally have to learn how to dogfight in order to get a kill. XD

It'll be good for them to keep in mind the Typhoon we get is almost certainly going to be a little nerfed to begin with.
Though fingers crossed that's just in terms of special fancy features we won't miss and not in terms of its inherent flight performance & characteristics.   I'll still be perfectly delighted if the radar is missing its revolutionary "'Chubby Bunny' Threat Acquisition Hyperdrive Mode" or whatever, but I really hope for the handling to be spot-on and that the fly-by-wire software isn't also the "trial version" along with the sensors.

haha imagine if the whole time it said "TRIAL VERSION" over the HUD or the MFD played an ad before it would let you lock a target 

edit: UNLESS, that is, they make the Typhoon ridiculously OP as a bluff... think about it...

Edited by Frogisis
  • Like 2

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

23 hours ago, Grundar said:

I guess ultimately legal restrictions on data shared, and what is allowed to be modeled for the Tiffy will determine how "legitimate to life' the module is.  I imagine it will generate much debate. 

They have chosen an early German variant Gero flown IRL ~2006 as their first goal so it looks like they do care about realism and accuracy.

They could go full fantasy totally classified Tranche 3 right away but they didn't - that's a good sign what we will see is going to be reasonably close to the real aircraft.

Classified systems and inability to verify it's realism due to lack of public data may obviously take their toll, but I hope for the best.

I trust in Heatblur supervising it seeing how fantastic their modules are and how they care about realism and accuracy.

Edited by bies
  • Like 5

Both the guys at TrueGrit and us care deeply about realism, and we will not allow ourselves to do anything that would not fit the track record we have when it comes to accuracy and realism alike. This is one of the reasons why we opted to release it step by step, rather than full blown as our other modules, because we want to make sure that what you get, is accurate. We would rather exclude a system, if not able to recreate it realistically, than to present you with some hocus pocus guess-system. 🙂

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

50 minutes ago, IronMike said:

We would rather exclude a system, if not able to recreate it realistically, than to present you with some hocus pocus guess-system. 🙂

I really appreciate this approach! :thumbup:

• Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 7/23/2021 at 8:41 PM, IronMike said:

Musta forgot to give a credit for the VisualFX Filter developer, lol..... But Seriously, been there and actually had a company that develops Adobe Premiere Plugin's hit me with a C&D for not giving them a printed credit for their VisualFX Filter being used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I can't remember my exact thoughts when I saw the announcement but there were probably swear words involved. Eurofighter is now a nailed-on day 1 purchase. This announcement must be up there with the very best of all-time DCS World news. Amazing news, well done HB and TG!

• Like 3

PC specs: