Where is Bottleneck? FPS lost.

Go to solution Solved by Miro,

After yesterday patch i lost 10 FPS in situation presented on screenshot 51FPS, sometimes drop to 48 (always got 60FPS) Theres some hinds on parking lots, not visible because task manager. Where bottleneck is? Any ideas?

BN2.png

Edited by Miro

:pilotfly:

Your FPS probably isnt due to your processor load. My thoughts are they updated some textures which require more video processing power. My suggestion is to start with some of you video settings. I have seen a minor hit but i am running a i7-7700k with 2070. 

• Solution

I don't know how to explain it, but after the change terrain textures to low, then back to high, i got my FPS back to normal, maybye this helps someone.

Screen_210722_201859.png

• Thanks 1

:pilotfly:

I think their terrain loading optimization spread the I/O load out so that you don't get a full draw call block and the game stutters and dies at 5 FPS for 20-30 seconds when changing air-frames or going in and out of the F10 map anymore.

But now I think what's happening is that it's continuing to load/stream in the background and that's taking away some of the CPU for draw calls.  While it's less noticeable you do see a performance hit for a minute or two while it's streaming everything in.

Just a theory. Because I've noticed when I was getting 40-45 FPS on load previously now I'm getting 26-30 and then after a few minutes it'll shoot back up to the 45ish I have experienced before.

It has happened to me. I get a solid 60 FPS but occasionally at the start of a scenario I will only have 45 FPS, which is really unexpected. My advice is to restart. Also, close anything running in the background including the task manager because I believe this is related to VRAM and having any window open could cause it to run out. This issue can also be instigated by alt+tabbing. This is probably a bug, although only modestly annoying, maybe something for the developers to investigate. It's possibly related to the VRAM not clearing. I remember a comparable issue in ARMA3 many years ago, can't remember if it was fixed. A symptom visible in your screenshot is that your GPU usage (or CPU usage) isn't 100%!

• Like 1