DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

5 hours ago, AtomicMysteryWeasel said:

It helps a lot! Thank you, Badger.  I like to think I'm not such a horrible pilot.  I at least know how to operate all the systems.  This was driving me nuts.  I'm actually glad it's a glitch if that makes sense.  I'll try your pitbull suggestion tonight and and if not I'll just wait patiently for the patch.

Thank you!

Pitbull will work.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

22 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

Glad your enjoying the campaign.

Your not alone not being able to spot the helos.

It is a current DCS bug. Any helo with a speed less than about 115 knots cannot be picked up by the F18 radar. This wasn’t always the case probably in an update.

I have already fixed this and it will be out next month in the next main DCS update.

In the meantime, they are about Angels 2 coming from the island. You could just try releasing your 120s in their direction at low level and letting them go pitbull.

Sorry you have struggled but out of my control.

Hope this helps

Badger633

Hey Badger, no worries. Understand 100%.  It did help. Thanks! This worked! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 2:44 AM, Badger633 said:

Glad you enjoyed. 👍

Just looking at creating a second alternative version which will be the same but more challenging 🙂

Badger633

whens  the  next  one  out 🙂   thought  there  would  fire works  again  when  landing  for  the last time :0  maybe  next  time  if  able  to   make  it  ramdom   so  you  dont  expect  the  same  again  if  you  failed  the  mission,  and  expect  the  same  again

Edited by pete_auau

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

whens  the  next  one  out 🙂   thought  there  would  fire works  again  when  landing  for  the last time :0  maybe  next  time  if  able  to   make  it  ramdom   so  you  dont  expect  the  same  again  if  you  failed  the  mission,  and  expect  the  same  again

Hi

The increased difficulty version of ROPL will be out next update.

Yea , no fireworks this time, I got criticised by a few last campaign saying it wasn't realistic.

Not sure when next campaign will be out,  haven't started one yet. Still thinking what to do ..................................

Cheers

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

2 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

The increased difficulty version of ROPL will be out next update.

Yea , no fireworks this time, I got criticised by a few last campaign saying it wasn't realistic.

Not sure when next campaign will be out,  haven't started one yet. Still thinking what to do ..................................

Cheers

Badger633

Fwiw I too loved the fireworks in SH2.

As far as next campaign, pretty sure we probably didn't get the bad guy in ROPL.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 9/6/2021 at 9:07 AM, pete_auau said:

yep not hard  to  switch between  open  beta  and  the  release  version with  one  click using this  tool

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/134493-the-dcs-updater-gui-utility/

I have no interest in open beta. I enjoy the flying and learning the FA-18 and I am forced to learn and do some PC stuff to do that flying. I am not in this to learn more about PCs. For me a PC is a tool that I want to work but I don't care how it works. He11 just in the last 10 or so posts there are two problems showing up in the campaign that are actually problems w/ DCS. And obviously they are open beta problems. No thanks. I went ahead and bought the campaign because it says I need 2.74 or higher and I am on 2.75. Of course when I click 'Start' I get a window saying unable to write to C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz. Sure enough that file doesn't exist. I get to Temp and it does not have DCS\tempMission.miz so I created a new folder in Temp named DCS\tempMission.miz. No good, same window message. Maybe a later update will allow me to fly this campaign.

43 minutes ago, CBStu said:

I have no interest in open beta. I enjoy the flying and learning the FA-18 and I am forced to learn and do some PC stuff to do that flying. I am not in this to learn more about PCs. For me a PC is a tool that I want to work but I don't care how it works. He11 just in the last 10 or so posts there are two problems showing up in the campaign that are actually problems w/ DCS. And obviously they are open beta problems. No thanks. I went ahead and bought the campaign because it says I need 2.74 or higher and I am on 2.75. Of course when I click 'Start' I get a window saying unable to write to C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\tempMission.miz. Sure enough that file doesn't exist. I get to Temp and it does not have DCS\tempMission.miz so I created a new folder in Temp named DCS\tempMission.miz. No good, same window message. Maybe a later update will allow me to fly this campaign.

Hi

Ask ED they will help you 

Badger633

• Like 1

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I started to do a contact and they want me to go through the FAQ first so I did. Then I went to load the campaign to refresh my memory to include info in the contact. Yeehaw, I don't have time to actually fly it no but I got to sitting in the cockpit on the carrier and it looks like it will work. Thanks Badger.

• Like 1

I flew the first mission this AM. Thanks Badger. I know this will be a tough one but, like the previous two campaigns, I will stick w/ it until I pass every mission. I have gotten pretty frustrated and had to fly several missions 10 times to finally win but I learn a ton from each. And I have to say, I was really surprised how good it felt when I saw the ending visuals in Serpent's Head 2.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, CBStu said:

I finished SH2 and started w/ ROPL. I had gotten to some basic skill level w/ the FLIR in SH2 but the FLIR in ROPL is different. Is this the ATFLIR I have seen mentioned? I want to find a tutorial or 2 but not sure what I need to look for.

Yes, ROPL is using the ATFLIR rather than the LITENING pod.

10 hours ago, CBStu said:

I finished SH2 and started w/ ROPL. I had gotten to some basic skill level w/ the FLIR in SH2 but the FLIR in ROPL is different. Is this the ATFLIR I have seen mentioned? I want to find a tutorial or 2 but not sure what I need to look for.

Hi

This is a good comparison to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

In mission Dropping In Unexpected I get through to where we are told to go to Kasab. Wing man (420?) is told to land and I (110) am told to go to waypoint 4 and left hand orbit at 6000. Just before getting to WP4 I am told I failed because I didn't land at Kasab? What am I missing here?

9 hours ago, CBStu said:

In mission Dropping In Unexpected I get through to where we are told to go to Kasab. Wing man (420?) is told to land and I (110) am told to go to waypoint 4 and left hand orbit at 6000. Just before getting to WP4 I am told I failed because I didn't land at Kasab? What am I missing here?

Hi

SPOILER ALERT

I assume you followed 420 to the Khasab area, (Using your SA page and data link), you then get instructions to head to WP4. WP4 is about 10 nm NNE of Khasab. To get the fail you have highlighted you could not have been heading to WP4. In fact you would have been heading back to the ABE. Can you check you are in fact heading to WP4. If you have a problem please send me your track file. 

Noted your question mark regarding your wingman 420. This is all explained in the events at the end of mission 8 and the brief and kneeboard of mission 9.

Hope this helps

Badger633 

Badger633 I will fly it again to double check if I made a mistake which is probable. The '420?' just indicated that, as I was typing, I wasn't sure if the wingman's # was 420. I 'think' the wingman was 410 in earlier missions. Anyway, I am having a blast flying this campaign and learning new things. You mention using 'SA page and data link' reminds me that I need to study up on data link. I don't remember actually knowing where he was but I did hear the radio calls telling him to head to Khasab and what runway to land on. 

42 minutes ago, CBStu said:

Badger633 I will fly it again to double check if I made a mistake which is probable. The '420?' just indicated that, as I was typing, I wasn't sure if the wingman's # was 420. I 'think' the wingman was 410 in earlier missions. Anyway, I am having a blast flying this campaign and learning new things. You mention using 'SA page and data link' reminds me that I need to study up on data link. I don't remember actually knowing where he was but I did hear the radio calls telling him to head to Khasab and what runway to land on. 

Hi

Good luck next time. As I say if you have a problem save the track so I can check it out. 

Make sure you switch the data link on. That is the DL button on your up front controller. Once activated if you pull up the SA page you will see exactly where your wing man is. You can then follow and format with him. It is really important you do this for all missions otherwise you will lose the wingman.

Yes the wingman issue is all explained in the missions and briefs. It is really important you read the brief for each mission for an understanding what's happening. ( I have not made them too long.)

Hope this helps

Badger633

Hi, I`ve stuck on mission 13. When I destroyed the SA-6 SAMs and go to the next waypoints, something hits me in WP6, and I cant even do some reaction....WTF? 

When i chechked the brief after the mission, there are not written what killed me? Maybe a bug? pls help...

1 hour ago, VDV said:

Hi, I`ve stuck on mission 13. When I destroyed the SA-6 SAMs and go to the next waypoints, something hits me in WP6, and I cant even do some reaction....WTF? 

When i chechked the brief after the mission, there are not written what killed me? Maybe a bug? pls help...

Hi

Spoiler

SPOlLER ALERT

When you get the fail message it will tell you why you failed.  At that point  it will probably be that not all the task were complete. Did you give air support over the rigs, take out both helos and did the rigs explode and you received instructions from Strike to refuel at WP6?

If you did all these things can you send me a track so I can see why this has happened.

Thanks

Badger633   

Same as before. I realize just now that I forgot to turn the D/L on. If that itself causes a failure then I messed up. But I get very close to Khasab following the tower's instructions and bam 'I Failed' pops up. Says I didn't kill all the bandits and I didn't land. Well no kidding, I didn't land since I wasn't yet told to, although wingman was. Not sure on the bandits. My EW page didn't show any remaining Migs but the resolution of the labels is so poor, with many overlapping, that I could have missed them. I am pretty sure I saw two splashes though. My track file is 28,150kb so I can't attach it.

Edited by CBStu

2 hours ago, CBStu said:

Same as before. I realize just now that I forgot to turn the D/L on. If that itself causes a failure then I messed up. But I get very close to Khasab following the tower's instructions and bam 'I Failed' pops up. Says I didn't kill all the bandits and I didn't land. Well no kidding, I didn't land since I wasn't yet told to, although wingman was. Not sure on the bandits. My EW page didn't show any remaining Migs but the resolution of the labels is so poor, with many overlapping, that I could have missed them. I am pretty sure I saw two splashes though. My track file is 28,150kb so I can't attach it.

Hi

Can you put in a drop box or something like it and email me. Contact details if you look up my name in forum. No the D/L is not a prerequisite to passing mission it will just help you know what is going on. Also are you staying north of Khasab all the time?

Edit Just checked failures and pretty sure you are drifting south of Khasab.

Edited by Badger633