DCS: F/A-18C RISE OF THE PERSIAN LION CAMPAIGN RELEASED

Well next attempt I nailed it no problem. 

Go figure lol.

:doh:

Great mission!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

I will keep at it trying but I may not be able to do Mission 11. Me and the Hornet's air to air radar do not quite get along.

I will keep at it though and see if I can get lucky - don't want to skip a mission this late in the game.

Look up some radar F18 tutorials. You will only need basic A2A radar for this mission.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

2 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Look up some radar F18 tutorials. You will only need basic A2A radar for this mission.

Also you may find reading about it in chucks excellent F18 guide better.

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi Badger !

I have bought your 3rd campaign without thinking twice. Serpent's head 1&2 are so good, this is a no brainer. Really.

I'm running DCS through steam, but :

Even if Rise of the Persian Lion is activated through DLC management, I stiil cannot see your new campaign yet in the menu.

Do I need an open beta version or is it something else ?

Any rough ideas when Rise of the Persian Lion will be actually available in the menu ?

Cheers

30 minutes ago, pixie said:

Hi Badger !

I have bought your 3rd campaign without thinking twice. Serpent's head 1&2 are so good, this is a no brainer. Really.

I'm running DCS through steam, but :

Even if Rise of the Persian Lion is activated through DLC management, I stiil cannot see your new campaign yet in the menu.

Do I need an open beta version or is it something else ?

Any rough ideas when Rise of the Persian Lion will be actually available in the menu ?

Cheers

As ED has set out in Steam you need open beta also the Super carrier module and the Persian map. Have you these ?

Hope this helps.

Badger634

Oh man all that work in Mission 13 only to end with me not being able to get it back on the carrier safely...

If at first you don't succeed...

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Oh man all that work in Mission 13 only to end with me not being able to get it back on the carrier safely...

If at first you don't succeed...

Sounds as if you almost got it👍

21 hours ago, Badger633 said:

As ED has set out in Steam you need open beta also the Super carrier module and the Persian map. Have you these ?

Hope this helps.

Badger634

Thank you Badger for your precision.

As I was suspecting, not running the open beta is the reason why.

Nevermind. Just keep on your excellent work !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Sounds as if you almost got it👍

Thanks yep second attempt I got her back safely on the carrier.

Great mission!

• Thanks 1

Don B

15 minutes ago, dburne said:

Thanks yep second attempt I got her back safely on the carrier.

Great mission!

Things get a lot harder in the dark. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pixie said:

Thank you Badger for your precision.

As I was suspecting, not running the open beta is the reason why.

Nevermind. Just keep on your excellent work !

its  quite  simple  to  switch  between  open  beta  and  the  release  version of  dcs

18 hours ago, pete_auau said:

its  quite  simple  to  switch  between  open  beta  and  the  release  version of  dcs

SInce DCS is pushing a stable update every month, there is really no need for me to bother with Open beta. :))

One thing I have really liked with this campaign is learning the newer ATFLIR targeting pod. This campaign makes very good use of it.

I am getting pretty decent with it, and it rocks.

• Like 1

Don B

Agreed, I’ve just finished the campaign, and it is fantastic. The ATFLIR took a little getting used to, especially the way is seems to WPDSG as soon as you slew it, I'm guessing it's a bug/feature.

@Badger633 Bit of a big ask, but what are the chances of a CoOp version (or at least a few missions enabled for CoOp where practical)?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On mission 14.  Sank the Sub and then was routed to intercept Mig...335 for 40 miles at 20K.  Flew down bearing and could not ever find the mig.  Tried two different times.  Any idea what I may be doing wrong?  Scanning with both high and medium PRT in both RWS and TWS.  

1 hour ago, Augermc said:

On mission 14.  Sank the Sub and then was routed to intercept Mig...335 for 40 miles at 20K.  Flew down bearing and could not ever find the mig.  Tried two different times.  Any idea what I may be doing wrong?  Scanning with both high and medium PRT in both RWS and TWS.  

Hi 

There is a MIG there but starts at 20k but then climbs higher on the approach. He is heading to you and in normal circumstances will hunt you down.

Unfortunately due to DCS AI updates he is turning away as soon as he gets within the fleets identification zone even though well out of range. I have fixed this now and will be in next main update.

If you do head out on bearing before he hits the fleet zone he should find you. Get up higher than 20k and use your radar in high, you should also definitively get him on the RWR.

Have a look on forum under DLC campaigns / my section / this campaign / bugs problems. You will find the topic below discussed 

"Feeling Sub-dued" No migs spawn after first sub

Hope this helps

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

Mission 15 kicking my butt. I found soldiers, vehicles and a building and thought for sure that was it, but got a mission fail reporting at that waypoint. Will keep trying, really hard to locate amongst everything.

Don B

44 minutes ago, dburne said:

Mission 15 kicking my butt. I found soldiers, vehicles and a building and thought for sure that was it, but got a mission fail reporting at that waypoint. Will keep trying, really hard to locate amongst everything.

If you found soldiers and vehicles that will be it there are none at the other locations.

Make sure you select the right F10 response.

40 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

If you found soldiers and vehicles that will be it there are none at the other locations.

Make sure you select the right F10 response.

Got it on the next attempt. Yeah perhaps previously I reported wrong waypoint.

Great campaign!! I really enjoyed it and undoubtedly will be flying it again.

Don B

46 minutes ago, dburne said:

Got it on the next attempt. Yeah perhaps previously I reported wrong waypoint.

Great campaign!! I really enjoyed it and undoubtedly will be flying it again.

Glad you enjoyed. 👍

Just looking at creating a second alternative version which will be the same but more challenging 🙂

Badger633

3 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Glad you enjoyed. 👍

Just looking at creating a second alternative version which will be the same but more challenging 🙂

Badger633

I would gladly fly it for sure. But really looking forward to Ford's next Hornet exploit (hint hint nudge nudge).

Don B

Badger I am LOVING the campaign so far!   I've played the entire Ford series and this is definitely your best work, worth every penny. 

I hate to ask, but after a dozen times through losing the mission in the same place...well I'm stuck in Mission 13 and it's obvious I need a pointer or two. 

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT 

I'm having an awful time finding the black sharks...much less shooting them down.  I have never been able to locate them on radar and the one time I was able to find them using wide area search on the HUD they flared both my 9Xs right into the drink and sent a Vikhr up my tailpipe. 

Can you, or any one else who may have already gotten through this mission, give me any tips?   It would be most apricated.

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, AtomicMysteryWeasel said:

Badger I am LOVING the campaign so far!   I've played the entire Ford series and this is definitely your best work, worth every penny. 

I hate to ask, but after a dozen times through losing the mission in the same place...well I'm stuck in Mission 13 and it's obvious I need a pointer or two. 

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT 

I'm having an awful time finding the black sharks...much less shooting them down.  I have never been able to locate them on radar and the one time I was able to find them using wide area search on the HUD they flared both my 9Xs right into the drink and sent a Vikhr up my tailpipe. 

Can you, or any one else who may have already gotten through this mission, give me any tips?   It would be most apricated.

Thank you! 

Hi

Glad your enjoying the campaign.

Your not alone not being able to spot the helos.

It is a current DCS bug. Any helo with a speed less than about 115 knots cannot be picked up by the F18 radar. This wasn’t always the case probably in an update.

I have already fixed this and it will be out next month in the next main DCS update.

In the meantime, they are about Angels 2 coming from the island. You could just try releasing your 120s in their direction at low level and letting them go pitbull.

Sorry you have struggled but out of my control.

Hope this helps

Badger633

16 hours ago, Badger633 said:

Hi

Glad your enjoying the campaign.

Your not alone not being able to spot the helos.

It is a current DCS bug. Any helo with a speed less than about 115 knots cannot be picked up by the F18 radar. This wasn’t always the case probably in an update.

I have already fixed this and it will be out next month in the next main DCS update.

In the meantime, they are about Angels 2 coming from the island. You could just try releasing your 120s in their direction at low level and letting them go pitbull.

Sorry you have struggled but out of my control.

Hope this helps

Badger633

It helps a lot! Thank you, Badger.  I like to think I'm not such a horrible pilot.  I at least know how to operate all the systems.  This was driving me nuts.  I'm actually glad it's a glitch if that makes sense.  I'll try your pitbull suggestion tonight and and if not I'll just wait patiently for the patch.

Thank you!

Edited by AtomicMysteryWeasel
typo
  • Like 1