Campaign Info

6 hours ago, Sydy said:

Hi,

I just saw the campaign available on the E-Shop. Would you, please, provide some more info about it?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

Hi, no problem will provide the detail in this forum. You can press for more detail in the E-Shop as well.

• Thanks 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hi @Badger663

Great campaign so far and very easy to follow.... 

On deck "Marshal" is providing instructions. Pretty workable however the fact that it is marshal takes some realism away. It would be better suited if instructions were given by the Airboss. This still wouldn't be realistic but better suited.  
In mission 3 the TCN for the boat reads 2 instead of 72 and in the background you hear marshal giving case III instructions in broad daylight. 

Great missions however it be even better if the communications on the carrier were a little more realistic. 

3 hours ago, Pieterras said:

Hi @Badger663

On deck "Marshal" is providing instructions. Pretty workable however the fact that it is marshal takes some realism away. It would be better suited if instructions were given by the Airboss. This still wouldn't be realistic but better suited.  
In mission 3 the TCN for the boat reads 2 instead of 72 and in the background you hear marshal giving case III instructions in broad daylight. 

Great missions however it be even better if the communications on the carrier were a little more realistic. 

Hi, where did you see the ABE TCN as 2 in mission 3. Just checked could not find it.

Cheers

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

1 hour ago, Pieterras said:

@Badger633 in the kneeboard 😉

image.jpeg
Hi just checked. Kneeboard is correct. The ABE pri comm preset is channel 2 not TCN. This shown as 72X

Hope this helps.

33 minutes ago, Pieterras said:

also mission 4 shows waypoint 1 mentioned 3 times in the kneeboard 

Hi, this is correct as it documents the three stages and flight levels on route to waypoint 1.

Enjoy the campaign. 

Edited by Badger633

20 hours ago, Pieterras said:

Hi @Badger663

Just my 2 cents about coms on mission 3: honestly it was so low in terms of audio level that I couldn’t be sure what was said. As a background/immersion thing, I really liked this idea. I actually took this for one of my multiplayer missions, and found the source of the audio from mission 3, but not so many other choices. It’s not like the Navy is handing out Marshall live coms on the internet… I think they are a nice touch. The campaign does say it is aiming more for immersion than realism. Agreed, it would be better to have case I, but I prefer to have this instead of nothing.

Agreed on the deck instructions, however as a player I appreciate that someone is actually telling me where to launch. I know it is not realistic, but we don’t have 3 hour briefings before each flight to memorize these details. Would be even better from the air boss, but still nice to have this.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Didn't want to open a new thread for this, but does this campaign include cold and dark starts?

I almost finished Raven One and flown many Pontus missions, so I'm considering my options for a next DLC campaign. I don't really feel like having to manually alter a DLC campaign in order to start realistically (cold and dark).

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

15 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Didn't want to open a new thread for this, but does this campaign include cold and dark starts?

I almost finished Raven One and flown many Pontus missions, so I'm considering my options for a next DLC campaign. I don't really feel like having to manually alter a DLC campaign in order to start realistically (cold and dark).

14 missions cold and dark with one airborne start.

Badger633

• Like 2

Hi @Badger633, In Mission 01, I found that there's no TCN and BRC information in the kneeboard for Case I takeoff and departure. In the last of the mission,  maybe the refueling tanker's route is weird. Actually the airforce tankers use race-track route in refueling mission and the race-track route option also available in mission editor.