Any FPS improvements after Today's update?

YoYo

You would not think a map with three small islands and water would be the worst running of them all but it is.  So bad as to be unplayable.  Id rather have paid them for this map and it runs ok..

On 8/27/2021 at 12:32 AM, La Unión Atazar said:

For me, this map is impossible to fly. Not a criticism, I know there is still work to be done and my PC is outdated with 16GB of RAM and a 6GB GTX-1060. I bought an SSD with more space to test this map, but it is impossible, my PC cannot with these graphics.

Ive got a screaming rig with a 3080 and this map plays badly in VR anyway.  Ive not tried pancake view and likely wont.

• Like 1

Number One issue for people struggling with FPS in VR: User error and failure to manage expectations. Turn your graphics down. 

• Thanks 2

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

2D screen, anywhere in Mariana fps 100+

VR mode, low altitude above the island fps 15-20

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 32G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 
  • Modules: F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria
  • Flight Hours: 400 (On Steam)

• 1 month later...
On 9/2/2021 at 3:37 AM, Jenson said:

2D screen, anywhere in Mariana fps 100+

VR mode, low altitude above the island fps 15-20

Yep, I never use this map in VR. Unplayable atm. Let’s hope there are improvements planned. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

On 8/30/2021 at 9:15 PM, Nealius said:

Number One issue for people struggling with FPS in VR: User error and failure to manage expectations. Turn your graphics down. 

Ordinarily, I would agree with you, but this particular map is awful from a performance standpoint.  I think its the worst performing map of them all.  All of the others perform beautifully in VR with my current settings, but this one is a nausea-inducing slideshow.

• Like 2

ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. pilotfly.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting 30 fps (45 fps flying over the sea) with my setup (Vive Pro 2 with Steam SS around 3300x3300 pixels per screen, PD 0.8, very nice image quality with Reshade sharpening filter).  The performance not as good as typical DCS maps but it is similar to MSFS2020, considering the ground terrain level of detail is similar in quality.  It is very GPU bound when examined with fpsVR, my GPU frametimes are in 30s whereas CPU frametimes always stay below 20 ms.  So it is not great but doable if you have a powerful GPU, but of course I'd rather play with 2:1 reprojection rather than 3:1 if given a choice. 

Edited by Supmua

PC: 9900K/3090, 11700K/2080Ti, 8700K/1080.

Joystick bases: TMWx2, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator RS Linear Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Pro 2, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index

Tried the map after a complete system and dcs reinstall yesterday. I hadn’t touched it because I was getting 30 fps and stuttering on low settings. 
Apart from the Bermuda Triangle of fps which is the centre of Guam the rest of the map is fluid 60fps on better than medium settings. I actually enjoyed flying round it. 
I had problems with stuttering at 60 fps prior in all maps and eventually I tracked it down to the “gaming” over clock on my MSI bios, I turned that off and all my maps were fluid again. 
maybe it’s just another one of those things people could try. 

I now really like the map and I’m trying to work out how to shoehorn mi8 into home made missions there 

forgot my specs. 
i5 9600k

32gb RAM 

RTX 3060 

dcs on separate ssd 

page file on separate ssd 

Edited by scampaboy
System specs