Feedback Thread - Tomcat Patch 07-21-2021

IronMike

AI F-14s, as of this patch, still do not give RWR warnings if you're using an F-14 to fight them and if they're equipped with AIM-54s. If you use another aircraft like an F-18, you'll get RWR warnings like they launched in PD-STT but the missile will sometimes go "active" and go for you without warnings even after you notch the AI F-14's radar. 

Edited by DSplayer

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

8分钟前,DSplayer说:

AI F-14s, as of this patch, still do not give RWR warnings if you're using an F-14 to fight them. If you use another aircraft like an F-18, you'll get RWR warnings like they launched in PD-STT but the missile will sometimes go "active" and go for you without warnings even after you notch the AI F-14's radar. 

test team are take looking at this problem thanks.

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

On another note - what is the stance / progress on adding white and properly labelled AIM54A's? I think those are pretty essential for the early A's and IRIAF cats in the future as well as for general coherence and visual distinction in the game.

33 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

On another note - what is the stance / progress on adding white and properly labelled AIM54A's? I think those are pretty essential for the early A's and IRIAF cats in the future as well as for general coherence and visual distinction in the game.

Something we will take a look at for the early As, but atm with everything else just lower priority.

• Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

5 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Maybe I missed it because of all the adults acting like 3 year olds.... "I want my toys NOW" but, I'd just like to ask what the ETA is for Jester using the LANTIRN pod?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We hope to have it finished by end of summer/ early autumn - provided everything goes well, we want to give ourselves also enough time to test it thoroughly before going live with it. Thank you again for your very kind patience!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

So the no-RWR thing is still not fixed. 

QUote:
I don't know if I am the first person to discover it since I discovered it while playing around with the Tomcat in late May of 2021 but here's how it goes. You first STT lock someone with the radar and get in range for a TCS acquisition or manually slew the TCS over to the target (which wont give them the warning of course) then you switch the TCS slave to INDEP (or TCS) then switch the WCS to standby. Then you change the TCS slave to TCS/slave the radar to it (if you didn't do it already) and fire a missile (which you can still do with the WCS on standby). The target that you've fired at cannot evade through normal means to defeat a radar missile. Think of it of a TCS guided Fox 1 with the perks of a Fox 2 with the only problem being the gimbal limits. Here's an example I recorded with my friend when I was multicrewing in a PvP server: https://streamable.com/hfypvb. This of course has no place to be used in the competitive scene as it just is unsportsmanlike to exploit something of this nature. Feel free to hit me up if you need more info on this.

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

On 7/27/2021 at 9:18 PM, Csgo GE oh yeah said:

So the no-RWR thing is still not fixed. 

QUote:
I don't know if I am the first person to discover it since I discovered it while playing around with the Tomcat in late May of 2021 but here's how it goes. You first STT lock someone with the radar and get in range for a TCS acquisition or manually slew the TCS over to the target (which wont give them the warning of course) then you switch the TCS slave to INDEP (or TCS) then switch the WCS to standby. Then you change the TCS slave to TCS/slave the radar to it (if you didn't do it already) and fire a missile (which you can still do with the WCS on standby). The target that you've fired at cannot evade through normal means to defeat a radar missile. Think of it of a TCS guided Fox 1 with the perks of a Fox 2 with the only problem being the gimbal limits. Here's an example I recorded with my friend when I was multicrewing in a PvP server: https://streamable.com/hfypvb. This of course has no place to be used in the competitive scene as it just is unsportsmanlike to exploit something of this nature. Feel free to hit me up if you need more info on this.

so you can guide a phoenix using only the tcs?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

On 7/29/2021 at 10:05 AM, eatthis said:

so you can guide a phoenix using only the tcs?

As the person who wrote up that message that was quoted, yes that is how to guide an AIM-54 via the TCS on the F-14. It does require a RIO unless you do some tinkering but yeah, it's how to guide an AIM-54 with only the TCS.

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

1 minute ago, DSplayer said:

As the person who wrote up that message that was quoted, yes that is how to guide an AIM-54 via the TCS on the F-14. It does require a RIO unless you do some tinkering but yeah, it's how to guide an AIM-54 with only the TCS.

We tested this last weekend, and could not reproduce it at all. We are further investigating, but it is likely tied to latency as well. Please do not get us wrong - we're not trying to shut down these reports, to the contrary: we want to get to the bottom of them, hence we need to share the findings from our side. And thus we also kindly ask for more input on this from your side, circumstances, what servers, what missions, how many players, etc... There must be something going on which "breaks" the old API when latency is an issue, while kind of maintaining how it is supposed to work in a more stable server environment (for example only few of us testing it on a privately hosted server, etc).

Heatblur Simulations

4 minutes ago, IronMike said:

We tested this last weekend, and could not reproduce it at all. We are further investigating, but it is likely tied to latency as well. Please do not get us wrong - we're not trying to shut down these reports, to the contrary: we want to get to the bottom of them, hence we need to share the findings from our side. And thus we also kindly ask for more input on this from your side, circumstances, what servers, what missions, how many players, etc... There must be something going on which "breaks" the old API when latency is an issue, while kind of maintaining how it is supposed to work in a more stable server environment (for example only few of us testing it on a privately hosted server, etc).

What part weren't you guys able to reproduce? Was it the no RWR warning bit? Feel free to take it to DM's if you need me to explain further in detail.

Edited by DSplayer

On 8/3/2021 at 11:19 AM, DSplayer said:

What part weren't you guys able to reproduce? Was it the no RWR warning bit? Feel free to take it to DM's if you need me to explain further in detail.

@Naquaii did the tests with a couple guys, so he will be able to explain best. In short, it worked as intended on our side. Thank you for your kind help, it is much appreciated!

Heatblur Simulations

Is the carrier burble effect related to the wake turbulence option? Like, if I turn off the wake turbulence will I still get the burble?

Edit: did some testing and did not notice the burble with wake turbulence off. Makes sense since it's fundamentally the same thing.

Edited by WarbossPetross

4 hours ago, IronMike said:

@Naquaii did the tests with a couple guys, so he will be able to explain best. In short, it worked as intended on our side. Thank you for your kind help, it is much appreciated!

I've gotten some additional info so I'll try to do some more testing. Part of me still feels like it's latency related but we need to nail it down.

"Added threshold value for flaps axis so flaps on/off are now binary."

This is from today's patch. What does it mean exactly?

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Please wait with the feedback for the new thread, so we can gather it there. For some reasons ED forums doesnt let me post a new thread atm - should work again after couple tries. Thank you for your kind patience, I will move over your remarks, once the thread is up.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 2

Heatblur Simulations