Mil Mi-24V (with UPK-23-250)

Avimimus

Just a generic Wishlist thread for whatever the cheapest and fastest variant with a Yak-b turret is.

I honestly would pay for a second module with the turret (after experiencing the effectiveness of the GUV pods and operating the missile sight). If the 23mm gun pods used by some export customers were added for this variant it would also provide an optional increase in firepower.

Note: The earlier Mi-24D would also have the turret, and would be a better counterpart to an early AH-1 (if that ever comes about)... however, I think an Mil Mi-2URP would be the best choice if one wanted the MCLOS 9M17 experience... it'd also flesh out the light(er) helicopter role. That said, I also suspect that a Mi-24V would also be a better choice because it would have more systems over lap with the Mi-24P.

• Like 4

Personally, I'd go for an Soviet V, it would be essentially a 95% copy and paste from our current aircraft, it was the most produced Hind, arguably the most iconic Hind.

I'm not really interested in conversations about which is more effective, the fixed GSh-30-2K or the trainable (but unstabilised) YakB, ultimately the Huey has a similar arrangement just with 2 smaller rotary machine guns instead of one larger.

• Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Huey has even smaller caliber 7,62 and it's doing well against soft targets.

Soviet and WARPAC Mi-24V variant with the turret would be great. Maybe some addon later on like A-10C 2 or Black Shark 3.

Edited by bies
  • Like 4

On 7/21/2021 at 1:42 AM, bies said:

Soviet and WARPAC Mi-24V variant with the turret would be great. Maybe some addon later on like A-10C 2 or Black Shark 3.

Exactly how I'd like to see it. First finish the P, then bring the V as an upgrade. If doable, the VP would be great as well with the 23-2 turret. The V would be more important though.

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg